RecycleSmart

RecycleSmart Employee Reviews

Friendly people, very flat organization. In a transitional period and growth stage, so be prepared for lots of change and work. Lots of growth vertically.
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Growing pains, more in-experienced team
RecycleSmart really values their people and how they want to grow with the company. The workplace culture is very inclusive and the staff here are super engaged, dedicated and are willing to work together. We also have a lot of fun! As a remote worker, I may not get to benefit from the fully stocked kitchen in the Richmond, BC office but the team sure does know how to stay connected with employees across the country! Plus, twice a year we have team building events where all of the staff get an opportunity to connect in person and give back to the community together. RecycleSmart is an excellent company to work for and the management team provides a solid foundation!
Less hours (around 5-6 hours a week) that made me harder to comply with my financial needs. Staff is excellent, cooperative, flexible and intellectual.
Excellent working atmosphere. Office dogs help keep the environment calm. People are easy to work with and get along with. Great team building events.
At RecycleSmart we get things done and have a lot of fun in the process! Managers have an open door policy and are always there when support is needed. RecycleSmart likes to promote from within: during my time here I have seen a number of co-workers grow into new challenging and exciting roles. Our office is newly renovated with perks such as weekly snack orders and sparkling water on tap. With positions all across Canada, we have Team Building events (in Richmond BC) twice a year, where we are able to bond with our colleagues from other provinces and have open and honest discussions on what could be done differently and how we can improve as a company. Overall, I thoroughly enjoy working at RecycleSmart and am excited to see it continue to grow in the coming years.
RcycleSmartians are the best team to work with. They are willing to stretch their comfort zone to share their thoughts and ideas to come up with a plan to do our tasks better. We also have two 4 legged friends to support you from behind. They are friendly and very food motivated.
It's a great company to work for . RecycleSmart has a fun and good atmosphere. The Leaders are very friendly and supportive and they really care about their employees and they constantly try to provide a better place to work.
The culture of this company is great and everyone I have had an opportunity to with with is amazing. Everyone around you is working towards the same goal, and your feedback/opinions/and recommendations are welcomed on all levels!
The leaders give you the opportunity to stretch, grow, learn and develop. They listen to you, support you and give you the tools to help you succeed. If you want to grow with RecycleSmart and you show that, they will hear you. And if you don't see a path for you yet, wait a few moments as the company is growing quickly and the right fit may not exist yet. My colleagues are fun, passionate, driven, smart, dedicated and created RecycleSmarts vision, mission and values - That says a lot! Some are a little furry, walk on four legs and bark from time to time, but always there for you. Our team building twice per year are always fun, we get to have a lot of fun out of the office, give back to our community, learn more about the industry all while bonding with our national team. The leaders even cover for our service team so that everyone can enjoy! We also get to work in a beautifully, newly renovated office with lots of windows, a huge kitchen full of snacks, a library, comfy sleek furniture with lots of meeting and relaxing places and a shared bee-hive close by.
Pros
Free snacks, dogs in the office, free shuttle from CanadaLine
Cons
Can't think of any.
RecycleSmart was the perfect place to complete a summer internship! In arriving from the United States, I was nervous to move away from home and work in an unfamiliar city without my family and friends nearby. These nerves quickly disappeared on my first day as everyone was incredibly welcoming, hilarious, and supportive during my transition (they even had dogs!!). Halfway through my semester, I was also able to participate in company wide Team Building activities where I met co-workers based throughout Canada and truly learned what it means to be a "Smartian". This summer, RecycleSmart helped me gain confidence in my professional experience and grow exponentially through personal goals I've set for myself. I'm blessed to have gotten the experience to intern for RecycleSmart; they truly made my summer in Vancouver so fantastic.
Recyclesmart is a progressive and fun place to work, and good for the environment. The company cares about it's employees and people are treated like family.