Recipe Unlimited Corporation

Recipe Unlimited Corporation Employee Reviews

I worked under this title for 2 weeks

I worked as a corporate trainer starting up a new Kelsey's location in Brampton. The job was a great opportunity, and the training team was incredibly welcoming. It's kitchen life so there's ribbing and jokes but at any level you'll find that and I wouldn't have felt comfortable if there wasn't. The job was long hours, hard hours, but rewarding. Trying to get out of the industry myself, but if you are able to put your nose down to the grind stone and work, this opportunity is great for networking and pay. I would recommend it. It gets you out of a shell, if you feel like you're in one.

Pros

Lunches Covered, Living Expenses paid, Travel Expense

Cons

Long hours, hard work, away from home (if that bugs you)

Long hours, little money

The training process was not bad, but it was all downhill from there. Was worked to the bone, for very little compensation. When there was finally an opportunity for advancement, I was passed over for someone who was only more qualified on paper.

Pros

possibility of career advancement, which is rare in restaurant industry

Cons

long hours, low pay, stressful working atmosphere

Work is valued and efforts are recognized

Hybrid-flex model for remote working.Team members are awesome and company is very welcoming to new hires. Learning and development is great.Very structured and organized workplace.

Pros

20% associate discount card at restaurants

Cons

No cons

Not worth the money

There is a 4% Tipout for servers and 1.25% for bartenders the tipout the bartenders recieve is about 5$ a shift for making everyone's drinks if it's a Monday morning or a Friday night.They will take advantage of you, Management is very lazy for FOH if you're looking for BOH the kitchen manager is so nice and she cares a lot. There was more work than it was worth the more customers allowed in the restaurant the less money you made per shift the sections kept returning to 2 to 3 tables. There isn't many reliable staff, all any FOH manager does is sit on a computer or in the office There is no direction they aren't running the floor and there always 6 hosts on that do nothing but take the Tipout.

Pros

50% off food. 20% off friends and family.

Cons

Long hours, Lots of responsibilities not enough pay, Servers are making less than 100$ per shift and bartenders are barely making 100$ per shift, 3 table sections no one gets cut.

Newmarket location is Terrible

There isn’t much right about this place. It’s a toxic environment filled of favouritism and spilling over in unprofessionalism. Just avoid working here and save yourself the stress.The management and ownership are self-centred, arrogant and ignorant. You are dispensable, they will gladly put you in harms way to make a dollar, take your credit when credit is due and shift responsibility when time comes.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Owners and Manager

Horrible place to work.

this is ridiculous to work here. They pay .50 per call. Expect the world from you. Was told in the beginning that I would be able to set my own hours, but that never happened. I was "locked" out of system when I couldn't work due to family issue(s).Non communicative Managers!I worked every day holidays included, and they still sent all the call center jobs to INDIA! That's the thanks I got for over 7 years of loyalty!

Pros

Started off great. Then they kept changing Managers and no respect to long term people

Cons

No Advancement was ever offered. No increase in pay for 7 years!

Easy going workplace very flexible

Very fun place to work meduim type pressure very flexible easy and you will meet some excellent people that you will stay friends for a long time.Management is always helpfull and staff are hard workers.

Pros

Free food

Cons

8 hour work days

Its great, but not so much professionalism

I got let go for being TOO REAL for the company, Its good that you can stay home and work and still have a life outside of it. You choose your hours thats maximum over 10 hours a week. Recipe unlimited is great to take orders from swiss chalet and east side marios. I really enjoyed the work i have done. I really enjoyed taking orders from customers, processing with cash, visa, debit, master card, amex, scene, ultimate dinning giftcard and looking up address and locations for pick ups. i enjoyed answering questions that customers needed answers. I was there for the customers when needed. I just wished there were more supervisors who are more COOPERATIVE and to not pick on agents like they are bullies. People make mistakes, why make fun of them, even in the chat monitoring, i was told i was professional in my calls and speaking to other agents and supervisors and i was told i had a lack of professionalism but really they were REALLY talking about THEMSELVES. Maybe they need to grow up and communicate more and pull people aside and separate chat and talk about what to fix. My internet connection is so great, but their systems were crashing alot which slows down the calls!! I worked so hard for so LITTLE PAY! They let me go because they cant handle the truth. Am i mad about it? No. I wish them the best.

Pros

can choose your hours, can live your life, its balanced

Cons

SOME supervisors need more training and attitude adjustment

Undermined and belittled everyday

A decent company to work for, but the on site GM was absolutely impossible to work with. No support with regards to this from supperord.GM completely emotionally unhinged and unpredictable. Everyday is a nightmare. Great team to lead in the BOH. And good team in the FOH as well.

Pros

Decent salary, good team to manage

Cons

Unpredictable and emotionally unhinged GM, non existent work-life balance, lack of supprt from superiors, incredibly massive workload

Warning

I hope this gets read, especially if you're a person who is struggling with mental health, considering working at this restaurant, and have ASD, depression, OCD, ADD/ADHD, this is not a place for you to work. If you are seeking a job to move higher in this industry, this job could be a good stepping stone for working on the line, but to move higher and get a better pay (as far as I know) at Swiss Chalet? This job is not for you. My time at Swiss Chalet was short-lived but was a great stepping stone into the industry. However, as a person who struggles with ADHD and has memory problems, this job was unforgiving to these problems. It's not unforgiving like you'll get fired (instantly) but the environment will be more toxic for you than you'll realize. In my first month (during job training) I was called stupid many times by the person who was supposed to train me. When I was late by 5 minutes one time (because of bussing), he refused to train me insisting that I went home and then proceeded to not train me for the rest of the day. Had I not stepped up and told the manager, I could've gone the entire day not being trained during my training period. As the month progressed, I noticed that the training was slightly inconsistent as the manager doesn't care what you do first, as long as the food is prepared before opening (which is normal). However, when you have a co-worker that insists on a task to be done a certain way, to then have a manager tell you a different way to do the exact same task, that gets confusing and this was my first month. This issue occurs consistently -

Pros

Free Lunches, Flexible hours

Cons

Long Hours, No promotion available, No Raises, Toxic work environment

Exploitative Employer

Unfortunately, the corporate structure and financial model of these franchised restaurants leaves the staff in a position to be exploited. Stagnant wages, forced overtime, verbal as well as physical harassment is the norm. I would never recommend working for a non-independent restaurant, since these exploitative practices are necessary for franchisees to maximize their profits. Further, in order to keep labour costs low, inexperienced management seems to be all these franchisees are able to hire, leading to harmful working environments for staff.

Cons

Long Hours, Low pay, inexperienced management.

Nothing special

Worked at the call centre and hours scraped by. Felt like I was shackled by ball and chain to my desk. They measure with time your washroom breaks and monitor how many times you hop off the call software. It is relentless call taking and talking its hard to catch a break.

Will learn a lot

Given the opportunity to learn a lot and advance in different positions. Will meet different types of people and build business relationships both inside and outside of the building.

Good Pay

Overall a good job. Some job security concerns as people are let go. Poor work life balance. It is a 7 day a week job, even on holidays you are not really off work.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

Long Hours

Well organized and professional

I enjoyed my years with Recipe Unlimited and regret my choice to move on. They created a very good working environment that you felt appreciated and valued. Quality of life and work balance was always in check and Leadership lead by example.

100% recommend working there great people great atmosphere amazing team. amazing managers. kitchen staff were the best, front of house was friendly. glad i met the people i did working there

Pros

generous manager

Cons

little unorganized

productive, fast paced and challenging workplace environment

overall it was a great experience with many years of personal and professional growth with this company. inconsistent culture within the workplace environment ranging from fun, collaborative and productive to challenging, uninspiring and stressful.

Awesome

The company really knows how to take care of there employees. The training and motivation for customer excellence is high priority. It was my honor and privilege to work for them.

involving poor communication, tip out, and favoritism.

Provided enough hours to make a full pay check but tip outs were quite small for the volume of the store. Bully tactics providing an uncomfortable environment to work. To conclude if you fit in great! If not, tough luck. Quite disgusting overall so my rating is an honest 3/5. Cons involving poor communication, tip out, and favoritism.

Stay away

Management was horrible to myself and others. Hard work goes unnoticed, and if you make a tiny mistake all h*** will break loose. Kevin Proctor is the GM and owner and he’s a psychotic condescending pr**k. He’s verbally abusive. STAY AWAY. Also, the girls there besides a couple are the most catty, cliquey ppl ever. Just a very toxic environment. I let the area manager know everything and nothing ever happened or came about the situation.

Head Office IT Service Desk

The low level employees are nice in IT, but the issue is the management and directors. The management show favouritism and Childish like actions to the employees which causes work to be extremely fustrating. The supervisor used to be an IT service desk agent before and has no idea how to do any type of change management or train anything in IT in general. He is definitely one of the reasons for the high turnover in that department. There is No chance of progress if you are a service desk agent and if you are a really good employee they will squash all your chances of moving to better departments. Aside from that and the poor competitive pay, the rest of head office is great, people are friendly, its just a death trap in the IT area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recipe Unlimited Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement