Realstar Management Employee Reviews

Productive and excellent to be a team leader
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2013
Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Perform minor repairs on boilers, pumps, electrical and plumbing systems.
Perform routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repairs.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Customer Service, Administration and Sales
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge on14 February 2013
A great company to work for. Promotions within the company. Onsite training available. Live in a luxury apartment building managed by Realstar, an award winning company!
Pros
no commute. free rent. bonuses. great head office staff!
Cons
some after hours on call
A great place to work with full training provided
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary 2yrs, Edmonton 1.5 yrs11 December 2012
The women and men start the day by cleaning the buildings,then the women are suppose to go into the office for training in the afternoon,and the men do maintenance around the building.The upper Management have a tendancy not to listen to thier assts. and will listen to the general Manager first.The hardest part of the job is cleaning of the suites for months end, The most enjoyable part was meeting new potential residents or interacting with the current residents.
Cons
do not exactly explain just what they expect from you
Not Well Run
Full time Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 November 2012
Realstar always has their eye on the money. There is virtually no training provided. When you don't know how to do something, there is no avenue to turn to for answers.
Management is detached. They only show up to inspect and then leave. There is no connection between the District Managers and the building managers.
Superintendent of a high rise residential building
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 October 2012
Basic cleaning duties of the entire premises as well as showing vacant units and performing office duties related to rentals.
Pros
apartment included
Cons
you are always at work. you live in the building. people are always knocking and calling
On-site Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ontario10 September 2012
I worked everyday 24hrs a day. On an everyday basis I was responsible for ensuring that all current tenants at my apartment building were living in a safe, clean and comfortable environment. My day would start with cleaning the entire building, ie. sweeing and mopping all stairwells, entryays, and hallways, washing all windows, answering any questions and concerns from current and prospective tennants. Collect rent, clean empty units top to bottom, cooridinate and arrange all contractors when required (plumbers, painters, ect.)
I loved working there, even though the work was non-stop. I enjoyed interacting with my tennants and was happy to do so. I am a very approachable person and never once recieved a complaint from management, tennants, contractors, and/or head office.
I love working with people and have never had a problem putting in long hours and hard work to get a job done.
Pros
bonuses, and staff get togethers
Cons
working 24/hrs a day
For the most part it was a good learning experience .
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  London,ON and Windsor,ON18 July 2012
Over the period of time with Realstar I learned a lot, met a lot of good people including tenants in the buildings that I worked in and developed friendships that extend past my time there.
Pros
there are several perks with the job, free parking, laundry, telephone, cable.
Cons
very long hours and living on site can be difficult, as tenants ignore when you are off and insist you take care of their issues immediately.
Dba
Database / Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2012
company is very big, the IT team very friend to each other.
Can have more experience in this company