Realstar Management Employee Reviews

Good working enviornment
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2016
I did enjoy working here but the economy went down and I was laid off.I liked the residents and helping them on a daily basis. We also had bar-b-ques in the summer to create a neighbourhood atmosphere.
Pros
Free rent
Great respectable place and Great Management Team work
Senior Resident Management (Former Employee) –  Riverclub Ottawa Ontario18 August 2016
Realstar Management is the greatest company to work for . The staff comes first and the training is fantastic. A typical day at work is to have the customer happy , the building cleaned, the units rent ready and especially my most enjoyable was to have no vacancies for 10 years and no unpaid for 10 years while we were working for them. I must say I am still working in this field and its thanks to Realstar Management and their great team.
The was no hardest part of the job and if it arose all you need to do is call and ask and they will help you.
The co-workers were outstanding.
Great outstanding company.
Ottawa Ontario
Pros
great support, training, salary and benefits
Cons
There is none.
Worst company ive ever encountered
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON3 August 2016
The buildings on park street are run by a couple with serious issues ..They are unfriendly to new staff and do not train properly.
I've heard them yell at tenants and Lie about them.. They can not keep staff at these buildings due to the ignorance of this building manager .Your not supposed to drink on the job yet the man does and doesn't get up before noon leaving new staff to train themselves.. They do pay well however. Dealers needs to keep better tabs on abusive staff and maybe they could keep people there !!!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rude and abusive building managers
Insécurité vis-à-vis l’avenir
DAR-Directeur Adjoint en Résidence (Current Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC6 May 2016
Récemment, la société a congédié beaucoup d’employés aux raisons des affaires et les a remplacés par une société de sécurité.
Pour un immeuble de 350 appartements y a resté un seul couple des concierges.
Il y a plus des tâches que de temps disponible.

Nous nous craignons pour notre avenir!
Pros
Nous travaillons sur place. Nous avons le logement fourni et une bonne assurance collective.
High Expectations - Corporate Enviorment
Mailroom Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
I found the culture there, different than I was use to.
- a lot of work to do so you'll be busy.
- high expectations
- minimum training
- staff I found as far as making friends at work difficult, and I consider myself very easy to get along with.
Pros
hours were 8:30am to 5pm
Cons
As noted above
Pretty Good
Assistant Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2016
The staff was fairly friendly but some of the staff favoured one other when it came to needing time off or letting some of the staff get away with not really helping at the end of the month when there were tons of units to get ready
cleaner
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2016
worked as a cleaner for many years, i really enjoyed my time while working here, learned alot from this company met lots of great people here
Work can be overwhelming but management is considerate enough to give time off
Assistant Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2016
A typical day would start with cleaning the common areas and then perform office tasks. This means replying to emails, telephone & personal inquiries, accommodating and reviewing lease applicants and doing the paper works. Tenants are good and makes work livelier. Co-workers are supportive although some can be difficult to deal with. Management provides regular training and employee events but sometimes they seem to be unreachable.
Pros
Nice apartments
Cons
on call duties and salary
I lived where I worked
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2016
The day was filled with cleaning the common areas and making the building look clean for residents. I did learn a new program for entering rental payments.
Pros
Living where I worked, company parties, resident events
Cons
long hours, hard work when cleaning after move outs.
Over all good job
Assistant Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2016
management was new and not completly trained.
it was a good super job.
location was great
hours were normal and the uniforms were comfortable
Cons
Not enough office training
live where you work
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2015
It is nice to live where you work. I have become very proficient with Yardi, the program used by most property management companies. The management company is great to work for but unfortunately the downturn in the economy has lead us to this situation. The hardest part of the job is the on call hours that can be very long and tiring.
Pros
pro rated apartment, no bills, walk to work
Cons
salary base, long hours, no compensation
Great place to meet new people and good incentives.
Leasing Agent & Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2015
Everyday is always different and always new challenges. I learned new techniques. There is a lot of physical activity and multitasking. And everyday you meet new people.
It depends on the management
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 February 2015
A typical work day was busy with high traffic of prospects, residents and trade personnel coming through our doors. Everyday was a learning experience and a truly enjoyable experience.

The resident managers were approachable, enthusiastic, caring individuals who relished input on how to approve day to day operations. Then, that management team left and the assistant resident managers took over.

From there what was once a wonderful work environment turned on a dime. Working alongside people that were not team players who did not want input from their staff and proceeded to lie to the district manager was difficult to deal with.

Eventually the final straw was drawn when the RM of our building would not respect laws surrounding the rights of disabled personnel needing transportation accommodations. This was an illegal move. I was no longer respected and I felt my safety and well-being was threatened.

It was a relief to leave, but I will say I believe the RM couple who took over the seniority position ruined my career as a leasing agent.
Pros
multi-tasking, always meeting new people, demanding but enjoyable job
Cons
very little time off, no set holidays for staff, bad management
Difficult office manager
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 November 2014
If you enjoy working in a dis-oraginized office where no training is provided then this job is for you. If you enjoy working for a boss who never ever gives praise to her employees, then you would love working here
Cons
Local office manager
Portfolio
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2014
Accreditation from Humber College 2014 in the following: Business Administrative and Human Relations, Critical Thinking and Leadership Program

Customer Service, Communication, and Interpersonal Skills
• I can tactfully deal with the public on sensitive issues
• I have facilitation skills to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders
• I can prepare various reports and correspondence

Organizational and Teamwork Skills
• I have the ability to organize work and caseload using time management tools
• I can work independently as well as part of a team

Analytical, Problem-Solving, and Investigative Skills
• I can research, analyze, and assess financial documents and update financial information records and databases
• I can negotiate payment arrangements with clients
• I can enforce and manage the resolution of complex issues in accordance with court orders, legal documents, and legislation
• I have investigative and conflict resolution skills to deal with sensitive issues and determine appropriate resolution
Pros
Free Lunch and social events
Cons
overtime when necessary on call duties
One of tbe best placees to work in the Property Management Buisness
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 March 2014
Best managed property management company in Canada. live on site, great perks and benefits, they really care about their clients and staff. If you are not use to being on call 24/7 and don't like dealing with the public this is not the job for you. Long hours sometimes, and dealing with emergencies including intoxicated tenants, and sometimes residents with life threatening situations and maybe even deaths.
Pros
Good Salary, good benefits, great management and training. Lots of room for advancement
Cons
Long hours, can be stressful at times.
RealStar - Assistant Resident Manager
ASSISTANT RESIDENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North York, ON6 March 2014
• Assisted in maintaining property grounds and over 430 units including both high-rise and townhouse complexes
• Completed maintenance repairs with a 24 hour window, to ensure resident satisfaction and safety
• Installed and repaired varieties of kitchen and bathroom fixtures, including dishwasher hookup, toilet removal and installation as well minor appliance repair
• Monitored and maintained the boiler rooms and pump rooms for adjoining 12 story high-rises
• Established a successful electronic recycling program within the complex
• Installed and repaired a variety of electrical fixtures including, plugs and switches, lighting and chandeliers
• Successfully completed over 2500 Work Orders during my tenure as well as major maintenance projects and complex upgrades
Realstar treat their Employees with respect
Assistant Residental Manager/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2013
Excellent Company to work for
realstar does a lot for their Employee's/residents
a typical day is dealing with residents and tradesmen
hardest part of the job is unable to use a lot of my skills I've learnt throughout my years of working
the most enjoyable part of the day is when their is a smile on the Residents face cause their needs have been met
Pros
rent is includes with work package/medical/dental/clothing allowance
Cons
cant use my carpentry skills/tradesmen are called in to do big jobs
My typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta8 May 2013
Each day is a new day with something new to learn. Mornings are filled with the cleaning of the buildings. I take pride in where I live so this to me is the most important part of my day.

The afternoon is filled with resident concerns, data entry, answering emails and the telephone. Resident concerns are addressed immediately if possible. If this is not possible, I follow up with any information the resident needs. Data entry consists of entering prospective resident information, banking and traffic reports all in Yardi.
Pros
I live where I work. The people are very nice. I have medical benefits.
Cons
Sometimes it is hard to get away from the property.
Productive environment
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2013
A typical day at work start at cleaning the building and end up in some maintenance works like some electrical and plumbing works.I learned a lot in building maintenance in my one year stay in this company, The management is quite good, they gave us seminar and training with regards to the building operation and some safety measures. With regards to my co workers, we work with harmonious relationship in order to make our job well done. The hardest part of the job is when there is an emergency call but maybe it will not be called the hardest but challenging part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I do some maintenance work and complete it and the tenant is satisfied with my job.
Pros
quarterly bonus
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Realstar Management. Our community is ready to answer.