Realstar Management Employee Reviews for Residence Manager

Excellent Upper Management - Patient & Helpful
Resident Manager - Tennyson Apts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 June 2018
I worked there for over 2 years. Any issues I had were addressed accordingly and respected by head office.

For those unhappy in their current position, try speaking with HR and they will resolve your concerns, rest assured.

I would be delighted to go back to work for realstar when the time comes.

Loved my job and the residents too. Happy to say!
Pros
Great Pay - Great Bonus - Free Apt- Free Cable
Cons
Hard to find hard working assistance
See below
Asst. Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC3 May 2018
Time spent working here would have been better spent in Jail...
Beware and apply at your own risk. Promise you the sky and the moon. They squeeze you like a lemon and then throw you away.
Property Manager
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie ON16 April 2018
Property Manager for different apartment buildings and townhouses in the city of Barrie. Very enjoyable work. Some troubleshooting with residents involved. Live-in position so not much privacy for the management staff.
Don't even think about applying
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2018
Low pay, long hours, uncaring management.

Accommodations are provided as a taxable benefit. Apartment rate is raised yearly and more than offsets the annual raise which is always less than the CPI..

Bonuses can be good when rents are high and occupancy is 100%. During a downturn in the economy they consider it your fault they can't rent apartments. District Managers will lie to you and their upper management in front of you.

No support for front line workers.

Just a bad uncaring company.
Pros
Somewhere to live if you're homeless
Cons
everything you can think of
Excellent Company to start a new career with.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2017
A typical day at a Realstar property is 90% cleaning, with maintenance done on an as needed basis. Showing of suites and taking of rents are also a daily part of the job as well.
During my time with Realstar I learned time management and how to co-ordinate with contractors as well as working within a specific operating budget.
Management at Realstar is not the greatest as there are too many different managers that you have to report to for different aspects of the job.
The hardest part of the job was the extremely long hours and no recognition for a job well done.
The most enjoyable part of the job was organizing the events for the residents and the people I got to know along the way.
Worst Place to work
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
A typical day as a Resident Manager, you clean non-stop all day, the ladies DO NOT work in the office, you learn to teach yourself.
Management lol the P.M loves to gossip about everyone, lies about everyone, has no customer service at all very rude to the staff and the residents hardest part of the job dealing with two-faced people,
The most enjoyable part of the job The residents!
Pros
dealing with great tenants every day
Cons
long hours/you live where you work
Okay
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2017
They are okay to work for . They don't care much about employees.They care more about making money than staff.

Would not recommend them.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Long work hours for less than minimum wage
poor organization
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB and Edmonton17 January 2017
my personal experience with Realstar as a resident manager was terrible. The district manager promised me everything and layed me off when the buildings were sold to another property after working like a doormat for the residents. I would never work for this organization again, the wages were very low and the workload unbearable.
Pros
good job experience but thats it
Cons
nobody ever has ur back, and they are a bunch of phonies
Good working enviornment
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2016
I did enjoy working here but the economy went down and I was laid off.I liked the residents and helping them on a daily basis. We also had bar-b-ques in the summer to create a neighbourhood atmosphere.
Pros
Free rent
I lived where I worked
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2016
The day was filled with cleaning the common areas and making the building look clean for residents. I did learn a new program for entering rental payments.
Pros
Living where I worked, company parties, resident events
Cons
long hours, hard work when cleaning after move outs.
live where you work
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2015
It is nice to live where you work. I have become very proficient with Yardi, the program used by most property management companies. The management company is great to work for but unfortunately the downturn in the economy has lead us to this situation. The hardest part of the job is the on call hours that can be very long and tiring.
Pros
pro rated apartment, no bills, walk to work
Cons
salary base, long hours, no compensation
One of tbe best placees to work in the Property Management Buisness
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 March 2014
Best managed property management company in Canada. live on site, great perks and benefits, they really care about their clients and staff. If you are not use to being on call 24/7 and don't like dealing with the public this is not the job for you. Long hours sometimes, and dealing with emergencies including intoxicated tenants, and sometimes residents with life threatening situations and maybe even deaths.
Pros
Good Salary, good benefits, great management and training. Lots of room for advancement
Cons
Long hours, can be stressful at times.
Customer Service, Administration and Sales
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge on14 February 2013
A great company to work for. Promotions within the company. Onsite training available. Live in a luxury apartment building managed by Realstar, an award winning company!
Pros
no commute. free rent. bonuses. great head office staff!
Cons
some after hours on call
Not Well Run
Full time Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 November 2012
Realstar always has their eye on the money. There is virtually no training provided. When you don't know how to do something, there is no avenue to turn to for answers.
Management is detached. They only show up to inspect and then leave. There is no connection between the District Managers and the building managers.