Realstar Management Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

2.9Job Security & Advancement
Great company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 July 2019
I have nothing to say except that it's the best company and I'm proud to be part of Realstar’s family. Everyday is always different and always new challenges. I learned new techniques. There is a lot of physical activity and multitasking. And everyday you meet new people.
Assistant resident manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax25 October 2018
If you want to be constantly lied to , demeaned in front of tenants and contracted workers.
Apply for this job.
Worst supervisor i ever had
May 15 -Sept 14
Pros
Cons
Noisy, unorganized, and opinionated
Worst place ever, stay clear
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 June 2017
What kind of company sets rules saying no dogs allowed in building, then hires two teams with dogs. This company has nobody in upper management that has run a building. The people saying this company is a good one are suspect. The guy who says he can't use his carpenter skills has to be a fake, carpenters make four times the money while working one fourth the time. If you are not a drunk or a druggie, stay away, and if you have skills, there are companies that will pay you far more than this one. This job pays less than minimum wage.
Pros
A place to live
Cons
Bad management, very poor pay
Upper management not trained
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 April 2017
Working for this company was frustrating. Over the two years working here, we had three different DM's, and the rules changed each time. We were not allowed to enforce the rules Realstar had made, including the ones they made new signs for.
These jobs are not true management jobs, therefore they are supposed to be paying overtime, but we had to go to the labor board to get ours. ARM's and RM's are supposed to get overtime.
The job with our first DM was ok, but when she left, it went downhill fast. This was due to people forced into doing jobs they were not trained for.
Pros
Staff lunch
Cons
Bad communication with upper management
a complete night mare
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  amherstburg,on.Dalhouise place apartments10 February 2017
the worst place we have ever worked.was told be the manager that this is his building,his rules .it was do as i say not as i do. we were yelled at called a ssholes lied to all these managers want is assistants to do ALL the work they are the lazyest managers we have ever seen the office is never open they never leave their apartment the place is a mess.
Pros
very nice tenants
Cons
no upper management support
My typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta8 May 2013
Each day is a new day with something new to learn. Mornings are filled with the cleaning of the buildings. I take pride in where I live so this to me is the most important part of my day.

The afternoon is filled with resident concerns, data entry, answering emails and the telephone. Resident concerns are addressed immediately if possible. If this is not possible, I follow up with any information the resident needs. Data entry consists of entering prospective resident information, banking and traffic reports all in Yardi.
Pros
I live where I work. The people are very nice. I have medical benefits.
Cons
Sometimes it is hard to get away from the property.
A great place to work with full training provided
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary 2yrs, Edmonton 1.5 yrs11 December 2012
The women and men start the day by cleaning the buildings,then the women are suppose to go into the office for training in the afternoon,and the men do maintenance around the building.The upper Management have a tendancy not to listen to thier assts. and will listen to the general Manager first.The hardest part of the job is cleaning of the suites for months end, The most enjoyable part was meeting new potential residents or interacting with the current residents.
Cons
do not exactly explain just what they expect from you