Realstar Management Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Good company to work for but salaries need more work.
Building Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2019
The Realstar management that we worked for at the buildings themselves were great people but we had very little interaction with the higher up. The Realstar buildings were well maintained.
Great Experience
HR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2019
there is a Friendly Culture
all the time you have Great support from managers
They provide the opportunity for growth
they give reasonable salary and compensation
Good company
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2019
In the world of Property Management this is a company with strong values and character. At the time I worked there the management was all male but has come a long way.
I would recommend working here.
fun place to work, family orieted
Assistant Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2018
My typical day day at work is always make sure the building is kept cleaned and safe for the residents.I learned a lot working for this company, including working togeather as a team and always looking out for each other. I also learned great customer service and always making sure the residents for safe and happy. There wasnt really a hard part in my job because everyone worked as a team and helped when and where we could.the most enjoyable part of the job is putting on the residents events and seeing everyone come togeather as a family and being so happy.
Pros
having a roof over are head
Cons
Enjoyed working and residing at this beautiful place. Great experience.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
Managed a luxury high-rise building of 479 apartments in down town Toronto.
Tenant Services
- Assist and administer lease agreements.
- Dispatch tenant work orders; Maintain tenant work order e-mail.
- Handle tenant, vendor and prospective tenant walk-ins.
- Assist with tenant and vendor related interface as needed.
- Assist District Manager with tenant relations as required.
Administrative Duties
-Assist Property Management with the day to day operations and tenant relations through the coordination of tenant requests and administration of maintenance services.
-Answer and route phone calls from tenants and vendors to the appropriate contact within Property Management and/or dispatch personnel based on immediate needs.
-Provide tenants and vendors with assistance in all aspects of scheduling building maintenance, communicating building procedures and supplying general building information.
-Provide high quality of customer service, update and maintain current daily and emergency tenant contact lists and tenant information manuals.
-Provide support to Property Managers by producing, modifying and /or distributing various forms, spreadsheets, manuals, information packages, and miscellaneous type-written information.
-Process correspondence for tenants, contractors and other third parties for Property Management staff.
-Maintain and update insurance certificate files for all contractors performing work at the properties.
-Assist with the scheduling of contractor work and coordinate with tenants.
-Contribute toward overall office operational needs by helping to
  more... provide phone coverage, ordering supplies.
-Maintain and update as necessary all tenant contact information, after hour access.
-Maintain reported Risk Management Policies and Incidents immediately upon occurrence and emergency contact information as well as a master tenant contact e-mail address listing.
-Handle miscellaneous assignments as requested by management
-Maintained highly organized filing system for leases, tenants, insurance certificates, vendors, buildings, drawings, contracts and PO's.
-Assisted property manager as needed on special projects.
-Assist with the coordination of rent/lease collections.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
On site and on call for emergency 24/7
fun workplace with alot of friendly tenants and coworkers
Cleaning Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2018
A typical day at work was very fun and motivating. I learnt how to do my work fast and productively. The management is very friendly and runs business properly. The most enjoyable part of the job is cleaning up and knowing u worked hard and did a great job
Company values lost
Rental Agent/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2017
Large company that lost the little people with new management. The concept of being fair and value all employees left in 2007/2008. Management no longer knows your name.
Pros
Earn a living
Cons
Realstar is the best in the property management industry!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
I have been working for Realstar for 3 years and it has been a wonderful experience! The company was founded by two gentlemen in 1974 and they really make you feel like family. They really value loyalty and people who want to work hard to make the company successful. Management works hard at motivating and developing their employees. I really have nothing but positive things to say about Realstar.
Pros
Holiday Party's, Years of Service Awards
Productive and fun workplace
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Very good place , for the person who wants to learn from the professional in fast pace environment, very decent workplace culture and flexible timing.
Productive and fun working environment
Building Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2017
Productive and fun workplace.A typical day is going through work orders, reviewing them, calling contractors and scheduling repairs and inspections. Busy times are during the last and first weeks of the month. Tenants can sometimes be annoying but you should know how not to take them personally when they're furious. When you are working in this field, you get fulfilled and satisfied when you're able to help and solve the tenant's issues. However, it sometimes becomes frustrating when contractors are not able to do their jobs well. Sometimes, you are also thankful that some of the tenants are easy to talk to and are appreciative of what you do for them. Property management is a small industry and when management changes, there are always positives and negatives to them. People will always compare the past and the current managements and they will always find something good about the current one when you're providing good service and will always find something bad about the current one when there are so many problems existing. Experience in this field is always a plus for you go back to what you've experienced before in some scenarios when you're trying to come up with a decision in a particular situation.
Pros
set hours, good benefits
Cons
low salary, bonuses not being awarded as promised
Worst Place to work
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
A typical day as a Resident Manager, you clean non-stop all day, the ladies DO NOT work in the office, you learn to teach yourself.
Management lol the P.M loves to gossip about everyone, lies about everyone, has no customer service at all very rude to the staff and the residents hardest part of the job dealing with two-faced people,
The most enjoyable part of the job The residents!
Pros
dealing with great tenants every day
Cons
long hours/you live where you work
Great Environment
Purchasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Realstar is a great company to work at. Almost everyone who has worked there, has surpassed 15 plus years of employment. It is a very comfortable environment to work in.
High Expectations - Corporate Enviorment
Mailroom Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
I found the culture there, different than I was use to.
- a lot of work to do so you'll be busy.
- high expectations
- minimum training
- staff I found as far as making friends at work difficult, and I consider myself very easy to get along with.
Pros
hours were 8:30am to 5pm
Cons
As noted above
Portfolio
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2014
Accreditation from Humber College 2014 in the following: Business Administrative and Human Relations, Critical Thinking and Leadership Program

Customer Service, Communication, and Interpersonal Skills
• I can tactfully deal with the public on sensitive issues
• I have facilitation skills to collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders
• I can prepare various reports and correspondence

Organizational and Teamwork Skills
• I have the ability to organize work and caseload using time management tools
• I can work independently as well as part of a team

Analytical, Problem-Solving, and Investigative Skills
• I can research, analyze, and assess financial documents and update financial information records and databases
• I can negotiate payment arrangements with clients
• I can enforce and manage the resolution of complex issues in accordance with court orders, legal documents, and legislation
• I have investigative and conflict resolution skills to deal with sensitive issues and determine appropriate resolution
Pros
Free Lunch and social events
Cons
overtime when necessary on call duties
Productive environment
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2013
A typical day at work start at cleaning the building and end up in some maintenance works like some electrical and plumbing works.I learned a lot in building maintenance in my one year stay in this company, The management is quite good, they gave us seminar and training with regards to the building operation and some safety measures. With regards to my co workers, we work with harmonious relationship in order to make our job well done. The hardest part of the job is when there is an emergency call but maybe it will not be called the hardest but challenging part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I do some maintenance work and complete it and the tenant is satisfied with my job.
Pros
quarterly bonus
Cons
Productive and excellent to be a team leader
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2013
Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Perform minor repairs on boilers, pumps, electrical and plumbing systems.
Perform routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repairs.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Dba
Database / Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2012
company is very big, the IT team very friend to each other.
Can have more experience in this company