Realstar Management Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

not a place you want to work
Manager - Tennyson Apartments (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2018
The higher managers take from your budget, backstab you, and allow people to steal from your property. When you question or promise to tell the owners - they threaten and fire you, leaving you homeless.

They promise time off, but don't hire anyone for your property for 6 months, leaving you to work 24/7 365, and only pay you for 4 days aweek.
Pros
no pros
Cons
only cons -
Funny how they are always running ads and can not get anyone
Slave (Former Employee) –  Edmonton2 December 2017
Work here if you want to get 17k a year what a joke. Slave drivers, work you to beyond normal, my manager was great person. Boss is a great couple. Thery want more than 60 hours with out over time and 3 days off every two weeks. Worked so hard fingers bled
Pros
Nothing off the top of my head
Cons
Excellent Company to start a new career with.
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2017
A typical day at a Realstar property is 90% cleaning, with maintenance done on an as needed basis. Showing of suites and taking of rents are also a daily part of the job as well.
During my time with Realstar I learned time management and how to co-ordinate with contractors as well as working within a specific operating budget.
Management at Realstar is not the greatest as there are too many different managers that you have to report to for different aspects of the job.
The hardest part of the job was the extremely long hours and no recognition for a job well done.
The most enjoyable part of the job was organizing the events for the residents and the people I got to know along the way.
Good working enviornment
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2016
I did enjoy working here but the economy went down and I was laid off.I liked the residents and helping them on a daily basis. We also had bar-b-ques in the summer to create a neighbourhood atmosphere.
Pros
Free rent
I lived where I worked
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2016
The day was filled with cleaning the common areas and making the building look clean for residents. I did learn a new program for entering rental payments.
Pros
Living where I worked, company parties, resident events
Cons
long hours, hard work when cleaning after move outs.
live where you work
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2015
It is nice to live where you work. I have become very proficient with Yardi, the program used by most property management companies. The management company is great to work for but unfortunately the downturn in the economy has lead us to this situation. The hardest part of the job is the on call hours that can be very long and tiring.
Pros
pro rated apartment, no bills, walk to work
Cons
salary base, long hours, no compensation
Great place to meet new people and good incentives.
Leasing Agent & Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2015
Everyday is always different and always new challenges. I learned new techniques. There is a lot of physical activity and multitasking. And everyday you meet new people.
My typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta8 May 2013
Each day is a new day with something new to learn. Mornings are filled with the cleaning of the buildings. I take pride in where I live so this to me is the most important part of my day.

The afternoon is filled with resident concerns, data entry, answering emails and the telephone. Resident concerns are addressed immediately if possible. If this is not possible, I follow up with any information the resident needs. Data entry consists of entering prospective resident information, banking and traffic reports all in Yardi.
Pros
I live where I work. The people are very nice. I have medical benefits.
Cons
Sometimes it is hard to get away from the property.