Realogy Employee Reviews

Drastic change in company culture
Coordinator, Manager, etc. (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ10 April 2018
In my opinion, employees account for 50% of the success of any company. The other 50% is attributable to its leaders. Change in a company's culture causes its leaders to also change in how they operate the business. They begin to manage rather than lead as they once did and no longer guide their employees to understand and adapt to the change and the new expectations, and how to become the best they can be in their current or changing role. As a result, the once committed and loyal employees begin feeling undervalued and unappreciated for the knowledge they possess. There is no more coaching, mentoring or encouragement because the demands of the changed culture does not allow the time to lead which ultimately does not have positive results in the long term.

Other notes:
For a company of its size, compensation and benefits are average.
Too much emphasis is placed on image to uphold and not employee productivity, which regularly goes unrecognized, especially when the employees are the crux of that image.
Although knowledgeable, and got the job done with great results, often felt I did not belong/"fit in".
I did learn that I desire to work with a company which values its employees opinions and differences, coaches, mentors, encourages, and leads, and one which is aware of the difference between leading and managing.
Pros
Comradery among employees resulted in great friendships
Cons
Little to no communication with direct supervisor, upper management demanded unreasonable requests and did not respect employee opinion
Company Review
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ4 April 2018
Time stayed there was the best time of my career. I want to say that when I was there, I was able to interact with lots of people in different departments at company holidays.
Pros
Cafeteria, day off during birthdays
Cons
No time for the company town hall meetings
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ2 April 2018
The company challenges you to do your best, and to strech yourself to ultimate capabilities.

Management is great, and the future of this company is strong.
Good company
Legal Assistant - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ27 March 2018
Temp position where we worked as a team to process documents needed. It was enjoyable work and like the people I worked with. I liked having to read the agreements to confirm if needed.
Pros
lawyers were pretty easy to work with
Cons
There werer walls and walls of files when we started
Unrelenting volume of work resulting in poor work/life balance
Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ24 March 2018
Unreasonable expectations surrounding workload. Constant pressure to keep the pace with little or no respites. Poor work life balance. Benefits and paid time off were average for the size company.
Pros
Inclusive work culture
Great atmosphere and comradary
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ16 March 2018
Typical work day was dealing with brokers and deadlines for the real estate side of the business.
Meetings were minimal throughout the week which was good. Management was open and acceptable to ideas and strategies. Hardest part of the job was the volume of work.
Most enjoyable was the people
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
workload
Fast paced market driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ15 March 2018
Lots of changes driven by market conditions. Must be comfortable with fast moving shifts in brand marketing. Must be comfortable with self driven project responsibilities.
Pros
Unique in business
Cons
Highly leveraged
Their strength is in their people
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ9 March 2018
Worked with a great group of people who were collaborative and engaging. Ability to work remotely was a large plus. I was provided with the tools and assistance to excel.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
Management changes
Good solid employer
Vice President Operational Excellence (Current Employee) –  Concord, CA27 February 2018
Tough industry, major leadership changes are helping. Good example of developing leadership pipeline. Needs to aggressively pursue more innovation in aging industry.
Nothing Ethical about Reality
IT (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ19 February 2018
Realogy dictates the company as a whole follows the strict guidelines in having the most Ethical company in the world. I have seen and been involved with pushing matters to the side that needed to be addressed. Managment abuses their coworkers with empty threats of lay offs in order to get the employees do to their job with being fired on the employees mind, company has very low morale.
Pros
40 hour work week you are not expected to work over the 40 hours
Cons
Listed above
Nice community
Product Manager - ERA Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ19 February 2018
Realogy employs lovely people and is in a great location. The work was simply not challenging to me, but the pay did commensurate with the responsibility.
Pros
mpost people worked a 9-5 day
Low stress environment
Sr. NOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ19 February 2018
Low stress environment for the most part.
However, poor management has recently increased stress.
Hardest part of the job is not being recognized for good work and only receive feedback when a mistake is made.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Recent negative work environment
Nice office. Less than optimal work culture.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ12 February 2018
Worked @ Realogy for almost 4 years. While for the most part the experience was positive, 2 bigger things bothered me. First, upper management in my business unit operated in a clique and did not communicate well to middle management and the rank and file about issues/challenges/etc, so most were left on their own to do what they felt was best for the company. Second, there was little opportunity to advance due to exceeding your predefined role, as little to no feedback was ever given nor goals set. This resulted in little to no annual raises in my base comp and by bonuses were smaller than I've ever had. On the plus side, it was a good place to work from a personal perspective, as they respect family obligations (so wfh w/ sick kids, etc is not uncommon) and the people there are friendly/genuine. Management really just needs to do a better job managing its people.
Pros
nice office. friendly co-workers. culturally diverse workforce.
Cons
management operates in a clique.
Senior Management is ruthless and cold hearted
Associate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ8 February 2018
Senior management takes no consideration of its lower level employees. They will hire and fire indiscriminately with little to no warning and without even alerting your management or director.
Pros
Great managers and co-workers
Cons
Senior Management will hire and fire at will for no reason
managed a great team
Senior Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ7 February 2018
I managed technology teams located in Florida, Maryland, Minnesota and Massachusetts- and was responsible for all telecommunications systems- PBX, vendors and Telco's for Southeast, Southwest, Mid-west, Mid-Atlantic and New England states. We were headquartered in New Jersey but was able to forge a great team covering all of the regions- working to include all of the US offices (over 1000 Real Estate offices)
Pros
great team
Cons
I was not able to travel to all of the regions- as I was a contractor
Productive place to work
Consumer Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJ21 January 2018
Stressful handling customer complaints daily.
Loved working independently
My Supervisor/Manager was extremely supportive
Hardest part of job was dealing with irate customers and brokers
I enjoyed working from home 2 days a week
Pros
flexible work days
Good company if...
REAL ESTATE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX16 January 2018
You have no education, or previous experience in the field. This organization does a poor job at selecting supervisors and managers with leadership skills. Good pay, but the company hasn't given bonuses in 3 years.
Pros
work/home life balance
Cons
Hard to move up quickly
Ok Place To Work, No Future Tho
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ24 November 2017
Job is ok. Lots of drama and pettiness which can make for an uncomfortable work environment; managers can be difficult; health benefits have changed multiple times since being employed there - getting more expensive while covering less; pay is far from competitive or comparable to other companies; depending on position there's not much flexibility with hours, as well as no bonuses for some while others get thousands; lousy raises that often don't make up for cost of living increases. Your employment, and how "good" it can be, will depend on your attitude and what you're willing to deal with.
Pros
Can be an OK work environment, people can be nice
Cons
Healthcare, wages, raises, no room for advancement, budget often leaves employees unable to pursue further education
Good environment - No internal movemnt
Deployment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJ15 November 2017
Realogy is an overall fun place to work with plenty of good people and moving in the right directtion,

Only issue is that they much prefer to hire outside the company than internally which leaves little room for growth
Pros
culture, environment
Cons
micri managed, low career growth for employees
Productive and a fun place to work, with exercise area, cafeteria, a good location and free parking and very secure environment, friendly team
Data Entry Clerk III (Senior) (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJ14 November 2017
I have learned a lot about real estate, you must be detail oriented, very accurate, the typical day is like very busy entering data into the system and downloading information from other site. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you work with a piece of mind, very good environment and a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
1 hours lunch
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Realogy. Our community is ready to answer.