RealNetworks Employee Reviews

I was an individual contractor and thoroughly enjoyed working for this company.
Social Media Editor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 March 2018
I was an individual contractor and thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. They paid fairly for the work that I did there. I really only left because I wanted to have a job with an actual office to go into.
In search of a long term growth opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seatte19 February 2018
Former internet darling, searching for new, growth oriented revenue stream. Smart people who cared about the product. Not much else to say...........
n/a
Administrative Assistant - CEO Executive Suite (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA11 January 2018
I not only learned about the corporate culture, but I was also able to provide my years of previous Executive Admin experience to enhance existing processes and protocols.
Dynamic
Snr Ops Mgr | Snr DBA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 December 2017
A dynamic environment with high levels of creativity and drive - as an media service provider it had interesting problems to resolve in order to maintain the highest level of operational performance
Pros
great location
Lead Frontend
Developer (Former Employee) –  são Paulo24 November 2017
RealNetworks is basically another Advertisement agency with mini games instead of publicity for clients
Great solution
Director, Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 October 2017
RN's only real competitor was Microsoft's media player division. RN was successful at being integrated with some of the top PC companies and top industry players. It was the player of choice for most of them.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Revenue model
Remote Job
NETWORK MONITORING SPECIALIST (Remotely) (Former Employee) –  From Home in Bothell17 September 2017
I worked from home for Real Networks and back then I was working as a 1099 employee through a temp company. I received no benefits but I did enjoy working from the house.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No benfits.
Good Job
Business Development / Partner Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 June 2017
Promoted to manage relationships with up to 50 key partners, coordinating research within specific markets and collaborating with product managers on definition of new product features. Defined opportunities, created business plans, and managed strategy execution, enhancing 3rd party relationships. As Marketing Program Manager, worked within group of 7 to manage partner program with 900 VAR, OEM, ISV, system integrator, and other companies.
Great work culture - Lots of new technology implementation
Sr. Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 June 2017
RealNetworks has a great work culture. They have the most positive attitude towards any task and the management is really cool. They implement latest technologies for different projects. Sadly the company is not in great shape anymore as it used to be. expect layoff every year and there is no job security.
Pros
free goodies, outings, lunchs, good people
Cons
Not many- poor marketing decisions
Best Role/Company Combo
Manager, Stock Plan Administration (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA31 May 2017
I enjoyed all of my time at RealNetworks, challenged constantly. Great work family!! Company Foundation run and operates largely on employee participation. A great source of pride for all and a substantial commitment to the community. So proud of the foundation.
Pros
Constantly challegend
Cons
Location of new building was not as convenient
Great Company
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA27 April 2017
Real Networks donates a percentage of all profits to charity. The employee's help decide where that money goes every quarter. Though the company has struggled to make a profit, the charity reserve fund allows this company to continue giving back to the community.
Pros
Charity
Cons
Job Security
ok place to work with
Localization Software Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA8 December 2016
Although the team and colleagues are very nice, company tends to lay off rather suddenly with very little notice. They provide decent working environment.
tons of works to work but less chance to grow
QA & Product support Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY20 June 2016
team has ton of works to enhance the platform but seem company profit getting decreased. did not get much chance for promotion or raise. No chance to learn and grow your career within the company.
Great environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 May 2016
Great office environment - only a contractor there but was welcomed by all. Large assortment of food and a great view at the time
Pros
Lunch, view, co-workers, office
Cons
Good work culture and great benefits
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 August 2015
RealNteworks strives to keep its employees happy, and has a generous benefits package. Work hours can be long sometimes, because RealNetworks is trying to re-invent itself and is not yet profitable.
Cultivate talents to become future leaders
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Davao City, P116 July 2015
This company made me who i'm today. I've improved my inter personal relationship skills, team work and self confidence. I was given the opportunity to train as a leader and work as a leader.
Awesome experience and lot of learning
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HR5 December 2014
o CP Communication
o New Feature Effect Analysis
o Managing IVR and SMS Scenarios
o Bulk management for provisioning de-Provisioning and Tone Purchase
Poorly managed company with lots of money.
contractor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 December 2014
This is a very top-down company. The vision is stifled due to a drive to appease higher-ups. Managers are constantly in the mode of protecting themselves from work, and often don't support the team. Project managers often don't properly support the projects they head, this is relatively common at RealNetworks. However, the facilities are great and the pay was good.
Pros
Free breakfast/snacks
Cons
Very bad management team
Enjoyable creative enviorment where I was able to grow
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle WA23 September 2014
During a typical day at work I answered and routed incoming calls to the appropriate person, greeted guests, helped them sign into the badging system and contacted their host, answered employees' questions from where things were located to how to book a conference room in calendar. I also took on any additional work that my team members needed help with.
I learned a lot about the interworking's of a building since I worked in facilities. I also learned about the relationships between different departments and how they work together to keep a company running smoothly.
Management changed a couple of times during my employment. Some were more helpful and better communicators than others. They were all fair and good managers in my experience.
Dealing with upset customers over the reception phone. This was because I was not able to help them.
The people there are amazing. Both the employees and most of the guests. It was a very happy place to work. I tried to keep the reception area an inviting and low stress area so that people can start their day on a positive note.
Pros
Great benifits and time off
Cons
Lack of comunication.
RealNetworks
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA17 September 2014
We were a smaller company who got bought by Real Networks. Real Networks is a Seattle based company.