Real Fruit Bubble Tea

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Low salary

Very low salary but requires a lot of work. Fast paced environment, as a trainee, you will not learn anything except for cleaning stuff and throwing garbage

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Low salary

Fast-paced environment

Sometimes it getting so busy and you will have long hours shift. Nice co-worker and managementYou will get free drinks every shift plus 30% discount if you not working

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

No cons

Fast paced but fun work environment

The company values work/life balance, and has plenty of positions and opportunities for career advancement. Most of the people that work there are friendly and fun to work with. The management might be strict because they want to raise your standards and encourage you to grow. They treat employees fairly and pay is accurate and ALWAYS on time.

Pros

Free BBT. flexable schedule.

Cons

The job can be a little stressful during rush hours.

A-ok

Decent job with a very flexible work schedule. Helpful and encouraging staff. Co-workers can really make or break a job and mine are part of my reason for staying :).

Pros

Free drinks and my co-workers

Fast paced workplace

I highly recommend this job if you love fast paced/high energy environments. For a minimum wage job the work is really easy and barely labour intensive. If anything they expect you to remember the recipes fast, but that’s subjective. It’s also one of the very few jobs that offer tips on a weekly/biweekly basis. Obviously it’s more busy during the warmer seasons, so don’t expect much shifts once it gets colder.

Pros

Free drinks, employee discounts

Fun team to work with!

Real Fruit is very great place to work! Everything was well explained and I was patiently trained. Everyone's very friendly and it's exciting to see how the company grows.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

hectic during holidays

Im happy working at this place. Nice co-workers, flexible work schedule, good environment

Im happy working at this place and friendly co-workers, good work environment , flexible work schedule and its bubble tea store. Its fun to work at and less stress

Easygoing and fun environment

Everyone is really easy to get along with and I've never had an issue working with other baristas and store managers. They eased into the responsibilities at a reasonable pace and took their time to train me. The schedules were flexible so it's great for any student looking for a part-time job as well.

Very fun work place!!!!

When I was employed at Real Fruit Bubble Tea, I really enjoyed my time there! The overall work environment is super friendly and everyone is very nice! As a trainee they provided me the support I needed and always offered free drinks for me when I was on shift :)

If you’re a student and want a flexible job where you decide when you wanna work this is it

Management is full of broken promises but it’s not their fault, it’s the head’s. Anything about higher ups is sketchy and bs. Don’t bother having hopes up on raises. I only stayed here because I’m a working student and I get to pick when I wanna work which was perfect during post secondary. Work environment solely depends team work. They're nice people, I made good friends and memories here. Tip: be nice, put full availability before you change it, they prefer those with work experience already and they kinda prefer asians...

Pros

flexible availability

Cons

The big boss

Toxic environment

They pay minimum wage and expect you to do everything, especially opening shift. Opening person has 30 minutes to prepare everything and if you come early, you are in trouble because they do not want to pay extra money.Managements are terrible with fake promises. Do not waste your time here.

Pros

Cons

too many

Would Not Recommend Working Here - Horrible Management & Unstable hours

Working here was NOT an enjoyable experience. Traditional Chinese ideals and strict management and the morale is pretty low. No training at all, on your first couple of weeks you will be told to do things you don't know, and if you weren't good at it you were fired. Some great coworkers who were not upper management, but the turn over rate was incredibly high so most of them left due to poor management. The hours were unstable as well, you are not guaranteed hours here especially if you are part time. One week you may receive around 15 hours on a good week, and the next you might not even get any. There was great pressure to perform well, if not, your hours will be cut tremendously and you will be talked about. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

A free drink

Cons

Unstable hours, poor management, gossip

Bad Working Culture

Do not work here if you are searching for a long-term stable position! I only recommend this job to students looking for a part-time job. Poor management! They have a really asian style/Chinese working culture. They use WeChat as a main app to communicate. Some managers yell at staffs for minor mistakes in front of customers. Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. It is true that the owner favours certain people. The owner is mean and yells at others a lot. It is really unpleasant working there. If you work outside of the city, the owner barely visits. If you have a car and you drive, they make you work at different locations, and does not cover you for gas. They do not have any benefits besides free drinks.

Poor experience

Management use bad words on you when you had emergency and cannot make it to work. Stop giving schedule if you ask too many questions and upset them. Worked 5days and only got below 30hours excluding breaks. Shows how much you actually make in this job. If you are not ready to go other stores when they require you to, you are automatically put into low priority when it comes to scheduling and raise. Not recommended for people who need the job to survive and cover their expenses. Only good for part time students looking for flexible hours.

Pros

Free bubble tea at work

Cons

Poor management system and huge biases towards seniority

If you work hard and forget all of the drama, you can move up as far as you can

The company is expanding so they have a lot of stores within Toronto and GTA. If you work well and manage good relationship with your colleagues, you can get a lot of hours which means you can earn quite good amount of money compared to perks in the industry. Competitive culture but it will push you work smarter. Just try to avoid all of the drama though.

Store manager

Great owner. Staff was good. Free bubble tea! They could pay their staff better, Managers specially ! One guy I met was there for 3 months and got paid the same as I did the first day I started, and he was a top notch guy. So maybe they can see who there top performers are and give them a raise. You will have to travel and they sorta compensate. Overall good company!

Effective Wage slavery with on call attitude and no respect of personal life

Constant disruptions on and off work with demands of go here and fetch this all while uncompensated. Do not let them know you can drive or have a car or you will be abused.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

everything

Not memorable

Real Fruit felt like it hit a dead end. There was high percentage of turnover in staff and the work morale was pretty low. Employees can feel a lot of pressure to perform well due to the standards being fairly high. The most enjoyable thing about working at Real Fruit is definitely the coworkers. Although the time I spent with some of them were brief, we all came from the same place.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Strict, serious

Flexible work schedule

Taking days off were simple and they had flexible work hours. Availabilities were written into a group chat and a work schedule would made around everyone's availability.

productive workplace with great, fun coworkers

Real Fruit Bubble Tea was a great location to work at and all the employees were very nice and easy to work with. I was taught many new skills within the work place and was always given the opportunity to try new things.

Pros

Free drinks while working

Cons

Not flexible with school schedule and hours able to work

A productive and well managed company.

Real Fruit Bubble has been one of the best places I’ve worked at in my life. Because how well managed the company and each individual store is and how well the team works together.

Pros

Free Bubble Tea, good hours, and understanding managers

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Real Fruit Bubble Tea. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement