Real Fruit Bubble Tea

Real Fruit Bubble Tea Employee Reviews

Don’t work here

I worked here for 3 weeks and got laid off because they found someone else who had slightly more availability then me. The reason being that I wasn’t fast enough to work there when for all my shifts I was cashier mainly. They don’t really train you. Just gives you videos to learn from and they don’t allow you to make drinks either. I was mainly used as someone to take orders, cut mangos, clean trash and mop the floor.

Pros

Free drink per shift

Cons

Everything else

Fun Environment

I love the environment at Real Fruit. All my coworkers are my friends and we all get along great. My manager and I get along great. And she trains me everyday and ensures that I fully understand something before I move on to the next learning task.

If you’re a student and want a flexible job where you decide when you wanna work this is it

Management is full of broken promises but it’s not their fault, it’s the head’s. Anything about higher ups is sketchy and bs. Don’t bother having hopes up on raises. I only stayed here because I’m a working student and I get to pick when I wanna work which was perfect during post secondary. Work environment solely depends team work. They're nice people, I made good friends and memories here. Tip: be nice, put full availability before you change it, they prefer those with work experience already and they kinda prefer asians...

Pros

flexible availability

Cons

The big boss

Toxic environment

They pay minimum wage and expect you to do everything, especially opening shift. Opening person has 30 minutes to prepare everything and if you come early, you are in trouble because they do not want to pay extra money.Managements are terrible with fake promises. Do not waste your time here.

Pros

Cons

too many

Do not work here

I got a phone call at 11 pm asking me to come for an interview the next day after applying a few days earlier. Went for the interview and after 5 minutes was offered the job. Started working a few days later, there was little to no training and I was just kind of thrown in and started working on cash, the people were kinda nice but most of them didn't talk to me much besides "how are you" and "go clean this". Weekends get very very busy and working becomes super fast-paced and stressful. While being trained any small mistakes you make when it gets busy are not met with constructive advice, but just a "no not like that" or a "you did this wrong". I caught on pretty quickly and was learning quickly and did not make any big mistakes or miss a shift. After working for 1 week with a lot of shifts, then the next with almost none, I woke up to an email saying I was fired, with no reason or anything they just fired me. It seems to be unless you are absolutely perfect or something, they just fire you under the probation period just to use you for a few shifts. Would highly recommend looking for a job elsewhere, this job sucks.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

poor management, stressful

Would Not Recommend Working Here - Horrible Management & Unstable hours

Working here was NOT an enjoyable experience. Traditional Chinese ideals and strict management and the morale is pretty low. No training at all, on your first couple of weeks you will be told to do things you don't know, and if you weren't good at it you were fired. Some great coworkers who were not upper management, but the turn over rate was incredibly high so most of them left due to poor management. The hours were unstable as well, you are not guaranteed hours here especially if you are part time. One week you may receive around 15 hours on a good week, and the next you might not even get any. There was great pressure to perform well, if not, your hours will be cut tremendously and you will be talked about. I would not recommend working here.

Pros

A free drink

Cons

Unstable hours, poor management, gossip

Dont work here

The interview was nice... when i got the job THEY DIDNT TRAIN ME. Had to learn by myself. The manager was scary and rude. 3 Month probation and just uses you. I was basically a JANITOR. I cleaned the LIGHTS, NASTY FRIDGE AND SHELFS WHICH WAS DIRTY. I wanted to leave so bad, thank god i did. Takes advantage of you. DONT WORK HERE

Unbelievable

Came in for an interview, suffer from anxiety so have a natural stutter and shy, but extremely outgoing and positive demeanour. Interviewer personally insulted me and patronized me, downplaying my past job experiences and questioned my intelligence. Absolutely humiliating experience. Will not be coming back as an employee or a customer. Unacceptable.

Pros

Clean environment, great products

Cons

Insulting management

Fun environment when business is slow

My experience at Real Fruit was somewhat stressful. The hardest part of the job is at the beginning while one tries to memorize all of the recipes to all of the drinks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the perk of free drinks as well as the welcoming environment. The workplace culture is diverse depending on the location one works at.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Lots of preparation

Exclusive, poor management

I was not trained to make over half of the drinks on the menu until I decided to leave my job two months after starting. The co-workers and managers were very exclusive and I did not feel wanted or included at work. It made communication extremely hard among different co-workers which was an obstacle in making the workplace safe and friendly and running smoothly altogether.

USES YOU FOR 3 Month probation period then fires you!

For the first month was working 4-5 times a week then for the next two months was maybe put on a shift once every two weeks..... had rude employees and was NOT PROPERLY TRAINED. Manager doesn’t care about his employees and they only Hire till almost the end of your 3 month probation period then they fire you with no explanation at all. DONT WORK HERE!

different

If you want to work in a fast paced environment, real fruit is the job for you. Working at real fruit taught me how to work in a fast paced environment, it is also taught me how to work with a team.

Pros

good pay, nice employees

Cons

management is okay

Enjoyable, fast-paced, collaborative environment

A typical day at work at Real Fruit would be coming and clocking in, washing your hands and ensuring you are dressed appropriately with an apron and a hat. I would begin taking customers orders and placing the order in the appropriate area for either a tea or smoothies. I learned how to work in a fast-paced environment with other coworkers to get the drink prepared as efficiently as possible with high quality and excellent customer service. The workplace culture is very collaborative and if anyone wanted to switch areas from taking orders, to cutting fruit, to blending, the coworkers were very open and willing. The hardest part of the job would be blending when a lot of orders are present and with high variations in each drink, taking more care and time to prepare. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and having good coworkers to teach and show you new skills.

Fast Paced working Environment

Pro-active and pleasurable with good people with a great knowledge in their jobs. Healthy work place to work and great ambiance and clean office to maintain good health environment

Pros

Mileage payment

Cons

Reactive

poor management

Not a professional place, working culture mostly is mostly depend on if the boss like you, knowledge and skills not respected, no management at all.

a lot to learn

it hard to adjust at first but the managers support you always. customer service is most important to them which I liked because not many workplaces do that.

Bad Working Culture

Do not work here if you are searching for a long-term stable position! I only recommend this job to students looking for a part-time job. Poor management! They have a really asian style/Chinese working culture. They use WeChat as a main app to communicate. Some managers yell at staffs for minor mistakes in front of customers. Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful. It is true that the owner favours certain people. The owner is mean and yells at others a lot. It is really unpleasant working there. If you work outside of the city, the owner barely visits. If you have a car and you drive, they make you work at different locations, and does not cover you for gas. They do not have any benefits besides free drinks.

Poor experience

Management use bad words on you when you had emergency and cannot make it to work. Stop giving schedule if you ask too many questions and upset them. Worked 5days and only got below 30hours excluding breaks. Shows how much you actually make in this job. If you are not ready to go other stores when they require you to, you are automatically put into low priority when it comes to scheduling and raise. Not recommended for people who need the job to survive and cover their expenses. Only good for part time students looking for flexible hours.

Pros

Free bubble tea at work

Cons

Poor management system and huge biases towards seniority

fun place

people work at all postions according to the shifts on the day. People work as cashiers, promoters and clean person when they are needed. It's a new company.

Ok job but bad culture

Managers were often late for meetings THEY scheduled. Schedule and group chat was disorganized. Other people here say they're racist to non asians. For me, they wer'nt. But I felt a hostility I didn't understand. That made it toxic/stressful. Learning drinks was cool but many peers don't help, explain anything or communicate with you (even managers). But, some people are cool there.

If you work hard and forget all of the drama, you can move up as far as you can

The company is expanding so they have a lot of stores within Toronto and GTA. If you work well and manage good relationship with your colleagues, you can get a lot of hours which means you can earn quite good amount of money compared to perks in the industry. Competitive culture but it will push you work smarter. Just try to avoid all of the drama though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Real Fruit Bubble Tea. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

2.5Job security/advancement

Compare Real Fruit Bubble Tea with

• Real Fruit Bubble Tea
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?