Real Fruit Bubble Tea
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Real Fruit Bubble Tea: 122 Employee Reviews

Canada122 reviews

drinkbubbletearealfreeflexibleshiftstressful

It is a good company to work for and a place for you to utilise your skills

This company offers good benefits and pays competitively to the employees. A fast paced retail that the all employees work as a team and help each other.

It’s alright for part time but very stressful

Rude CEO and bad management, the only good thing about working there is the flexible schedule, but often they cut ur hours short. Its always understaffed where I worked.

Insights into Real Fruit Bubble Tea

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

ok for students. Not great for managers.

Only good for students in school because the schedule is very flexible. Managers are making good money but there is zero work life balance, very little diversity and you will be micromanaged by the owner and other higher ups.

Run as fast as you can!

Worst company ever. Owner is a maniac who is dishonest, aggressive, abusive and is a tax cheat. Verbally abusive and ignores every employment standard and code of conduct rule that is out there.Will cut hours at a moment's notice and provides ZERO training. Expects staff to memorize complex recipes and is supported by a management team who knowingly ignores the endless infractions and turns a blind eye to his horrendous behaviour.

Pros

Cons

Endless

Poor management and work culture

Upper management was poor, unprofessional and difficult to work with. Co-workers were nice at first but soon discovered the workplace to be toxic -- lack of teamwork and cooperation, excluding new hires, no training, no explanation about who does what, but expecting them to know everything regardless. Hours were very flexible at least. Eventually left because of the work environment, lack of cleanliness, poor management etc...

Good experience and working environment

Good company to work ,environment is friendly and supportive staff .company give confidence and help in preparing by giving good trainings. Great teamwork and management.

Great place to work at with flexible hours but it is fast paced and stressful

The schedule is very flexible to maintain your work-life balance working here. My manager is very nice and try to balance things out to make it less stressful but there are a lot of things to do. If you are looking for a challenging job that you can learn a lot for, here is a good choice.

Nice and collaborative team

I love working for this company. Everyone is nice and collaborative. Great team, great attitude and great people. My managers have made me feel connected and part of an appreciated team. My colleagues and I worked together, truly supported each other. I certainly would recommend that anyone wishing to work in a dynamic and expanding business to work for Real Fruit Bubble Tea

Pros

Store discount, co-workers

Great company to work for

This company is a growing company and expanding their business. It has a great culture for people to work for. People are nice and helpful. They are all supportive even you are a new joiner.

Good Working Environment

Good Benefit. Great Manager. Friendly Colleagues. Fast pace Environment. Learn new things everyday.Excellence from everyone with whom I have worked with for the past months.

Productive and fun

good and fun work environment. Worked here for almost 2 years and I'm glad this was my first job! I learned a lot from here. My co-workers were all very nice and welcoming when I first started and I became really close with them especially with my manager! Going to miss working here.

Growing Company

There is a lot of room for growth in this company, however, you just need to be patient. Free bubble tea when you work in the store. Company outings and free food monthly or bimonthly.

Pros

Free Bubble Tea when in stores

Extremely Fast Paced with some amount of down time

Typical day at work includes dealing with numerous people one after another especially during rush hour it is very easy to get overwhelmed. Also, very loud noise warning. The noise was the worst part.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

loud noises

lots of customers, very fast paced with many rushes in a day

good beginner job. very hard work. I like the free drinks but all in all bobarista jobs are very demanding, but real fruit would be the easiest and rewarding one to work for

Perfect workplace for partime students

It's a place where students can earn minimum wage while working. Hours given to students are mostly insufficient because the management are on watch of the labor cost.

Pretty good first job

At Real Fruit you are expected to learn really quickly. First day I was thrown into cash with no training, but luckily a manager was there to watch me and show me the ropes. Some people weren't as lucky as I was. You start at cash then go on to learn teas and lastly you get to blend. Took me 2 months to fully master everything, but I was expected to know most of the recipes within the week of learning them. This is one of the most flexible jobs out there though. You submit your availability every week and they schedule you accordingly. If you're good at you're job then you can get plenty of hours, but if you're not learning fast enough don't expect to get more than maybe 1 or two shifts a week. It taught me a lot and I'm really grateful to all the managers and coworkers that helped me along the way. Overall, it's a great first job with super flexible hours.

Free bubble tea during shift and poor management. Is it worth it?

Pros: 30% employee discount in any store and free drinks during your shift. There are many kinds of training offered. You may receive a "bartender training manual" PDF from the HR/hiring representative, which includes an extensive amount of information about tasks including machine operation and drink preparation. You may also get access to a Google Drive folder with videos showcasing drink preparation or cleaning duties. Recently, a LMS (learning management system) was implemented to teach and train new and current employees.Cons: Confusing and poor management. Store managers were swapped every few months, and each manager had different recipes for drinks. Some trainers had low patience and shouted at you when you made mistakes. I was told by upper management to "be patient with them [trainers]" when sharing my experience about the particular trainer. Those training in the bartender position were expected to memorize all drinks (i.e. all teas then all blended drinks) within a short timeframe. Additional information: It is very busy and fast-paced during the summer, sometimes you are making drinks non-stop for 5 hours with no room to take a drink of water. Another memorable thing I learned at this job is that bad weather does not stop customers from coming to the store, even if it's outdoors.

Pros

Employee discount, free drinks during shift

Cons

Poor management, minimal or no break

Really really bad

this company is so bad they are also very very sketchy, they would cut everyone's hours just because and if they dont like you they will not schedule you to work.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Terrible management

Being fired in half a month when there is a 90 day probationary contract. Was still in "training" when really I was hardly given any training, worked for a few weeks and the managers were short tempered and have no shame in yelling at you in front of the customers or complaining to the customers about you. No feedback given directly, so you have no clue whether or not you're doing good or bad.

training sucks and they barely let you work

training was done poorly and the hours given to new trainees are terrible. You're only given more hours after working there for nearly a year. There's also a lot of pressure to know everything despite being trained poorly and only being allowed to work less than 10 hours a week.

Could be better

They are nice at first, however, when it becomes more stressful it was common for the managers to take the stress out onto me. At the same time, there were times I did not understand how to do something simple, and the managers seemed to have gotten upset very quickly. Similarly, managers might do things a bit differently so it becomes difficult to keep up with what each one wants.

Pros

Free drink every shift, discounted food

Cons

Poor execution of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Real Fruit Bubble Tea. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement