Real Estate Council of Alberta

Real Estate Council of Alberta Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB8 reviews
Good place to work. Comes with deserved reputation for over regulating an industry already well regulated. Office job, Learned lots about real estate. Good culture.
You need to hustle and acquire clients or you have no business. You must possess strong marketing and sales skills in order to survive. Most people lack the skills required to succeed long term in the industry.
Excellent culture and environment , management even executive level are always willing to listen to employee input and recommendations . Tons of opportunity for advancement and lots of professional development opportunities as well.
The activity as Investigator was a challenge which wasn't a good fit for me. I was only there a short time before moving to another industry. During my time there, there was large Investigator turn-over.
Pros
Free Parking
RECA really strives to provide all staff with the opportunity to excel in their specified fields. All the staff are extremely supportive of each other and there is plenty of opportunity for growth.
As stated in my resume, I totally enjoyed working at RECA. The job was rewarding in many ways. The people I worked with were the most professional, outgoing, and fun-loving people that I have ever worked with in my professional life. As in any organization, there were many extremely busy days, but in my experience, I felt the support of my peers as well as gave support to my peers to have the most enjoyable day possible. The best part of my day was certainly hearing the joy in someone's voice or seeing a smile on someone's face once I was able to assist them in a positive fashion. Finally, to end on a positive note, I was able to make lifelong friends through this job choice.
Pros
Promoted free education upgrades relating to your position, accomadating re appts, (i.e. Dr. appts etc.)
Cons
Long days during renewals (rewarded as well)
Typical day was busy with data entry and administrative duties which included tons of written and verbal communication with co-workers and complainants as well as subjects and brokers.
I learned that being part of a low moral team department and environment is not advantageous to staying positive.

My co-workers mostly were fantastic to work with. However harassment was an issue from one in particular.

The hardest part of my job was staying positive that my efficiency and efforts regarding process would ever be recognized.

The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with complainants, subject and brokers.
Pros
Benefits package after 3months employment.
Cons
Harassment and unequal education/course oppertunities
I got bought out, job security isn't safe
There was no chance of movement up the ladder

I had more education than most of the employees in my department, but ended up with alot more work and no advancements or promotion.

Long hours 8am to 5 pm sharp

They were flexible if you needed a day or two off

incentives were great
Pros
pay was great
Cons
never knew if the job would be there for you or not
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Real Estate Council of Alberta. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8