ReachLocal Employee Reviews

Was Good in The Beginning
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX10 April 2019
Reach was a great place to work back in the 2008 to 2010 timeframe. Things started to change when they went public, cut out a bunch of middle management, Founders & Board Members started leaving. I had 3 different bosses in 9 months.
Pros
In the beginning, industry leading technology
Cons
For a while, it seemed like they changed sales methodology and compensation 2-3 times a year.
Not what it used to be
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX21 March 2019
Reachlocal was a great placed to work but is not what it used to be. I learned a great deal from the leadership staff that was in place for the first few years with the organization but it has since changed.
No comment
Internet Marketing Consultant / Automotive (Former Employee) –  New York, NY2 February 2019
Company is run by a group of people who have little knowledge and enteral structure to handle the type of business they are going after.
Its not for everyone.
Over promise
Internet Marketing Consultant (Outside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL5 December 2018
Tremendous potential at the time selling google adwords. Poor management at the executive level lead the company off the rails and ended hurting morale
Not a good company unless you work in Sales
SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ18 November 2018
Majority of your time is spent fixing other people mistakes, and writing dissertations about how you were not responsible for the problem. You are also responsible for making sure everyone else understands their job. Management creates job responsibilities and rely on you to come up with the processes. There is no training offered due to the previous statement. Management is there to just say yes to everything and try to get you on board with saying yes to everything everyone else throws on you as well. The only enjoyable part of the job is the team you work with.
Pros
Great Team environment
Cons
Everything else (unless you work in Sales)
awful
Paralegal/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CA29 September 2018
Working for my particular general counsel sucked. Definitely a huge speckle on the company as a whole. It's based on emotional onnlyand not merit It's unfair and it sucks
\
Not happy working there
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 September 2018
Not a friendly atmosphere to work in. Did not annual raises. Customers were not happy with the way company was conducting business and high turn over.
Good company; good product
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY23 August 2018
I was not at the company for a long time due to my own personal issues however when I was there it was a nice environment with helpful employees trying to do the right thing by their clients and management.
Pros
Good products
Too much work for little reward
PRE-SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ8 June 2018
The manager was a joke. Had no leadership skills and was threatened once someone came along who tried to improve processes. He was just an order taker, nothing more.
Solid company.
Sr. Sales Executive /DMC (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO1 June 2018
Solid company, owned and part of the USDA Today Network.
Constantly making improvements and way ahead of the cure regarding the industry.
Be ready to work hard! Turnover is high and most move on within months.
Pros
tools and teamwork
Cons
no lead gen provided
Good not great
Marketing Expert (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX22 May 2018
ReachLocal is a great company to work for. The work load can be overwhelming and the compensation is decent but does not reflect the amount of work we do on a daily basis. Much of the day is spent fighting fires and trying to juggle 100 things at once but the work/life balance is the best that I've seen. The people make the job enjoyable.
Pros
Unlimited time off
Cons
low salary and heavy workload
Fast Paced and challenging
Partner Channel Growth Manager /DMC (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX3 May 2018
Reachlocal is a great place to learn and grow. It has a fast work pace and continual training! There is a lot of change so being flexible is important to your longevity here.
Okay place to start, if you don't like to to grow
Marketing Account Manager-National Brands (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX8 April 2018
Great place to work if you're right out of college and actively work to find something outside of ReachLocal. You can make this your long term workplace, but I don't recommend it. If you like being promised promotions that never come to fruition, this is for you. Casual attire is nice but it comes with a super-casual mentality, bordering on sophomoric behavior. Start here and then hustle your way to a new gig.
Pros
Unlimited vacation time
Cons
Limited upper mobility, low pay
Management changed often
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX29 March 2018
Loved that I was able to learn the world of online marketing, however management changed on a constant basis. I was there for 2 years and in that time I went through managers.
Empresa dinâmica e cheia de desafios
Assistente de Atendimento - Analise de ocorrências (Current Employee) –  Alphaville, SP26 February 2018
A empresa é boa, com diversos desafios. Muitos benefícios e oportunidades.
Pros
Desafios, parcerias e comunicação com diversas áreas.
Cons
Refeição na empresa, visibilidade e compatibilidade.
Great Culture Bad Business processes and resources
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX17 February 2018
Love the people but company is all strategy and no execution. Products and Processes are rolled out with limited resources and broken systems constantly. Technology is outdated on the back end but looks super cool on the front end. API's are always "pieced" together and the majority of the reporting is manual. Revenue Goals are always unrealistic and leadership likes to use a big executive vocabulary but come off clueless sometimes when they try and "spin" and "sell" company initiatives to employees.
Pros
Work life balance, Benefits
Cons
You will work with broken tools, comp plans unrealistic, management focusted on short term constantly
Great company! Pay isn't that good
Regional Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NY13 February 2018
When it comes to the employees, they really find great talent! But the pay for my position isn't the best. I live pay check to pay check and I don't know when I'll get a raise.
This is the worst place I ever worked at.
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA12 February 2018
This is the worst place I ever worked at. I can't believe I even worked here and that it is even on my resume. My manager was AWFUL! He got let after they caught on to him.
Cons
Great place to work with good sales ability
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL5 February 2018
ReachLocal was a great place to work. You must be sales-oriented and cold-calling is definitely a large part of the job. If you're a people person and good at networking you'll definitely succeed.
Pros
Flexible hours, good management
Cons
High sales quotas, lack of provided leads
Prima werksfeer en dedicated collegae
Regional Sales Manger Benelux (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam20 December 2017
Flexibel bedrijf b
Bedrijf met een moeilijke geschiedenis
Pros
Fexibel
Cons
Interne communicatie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ReachLocal. Our community is ready to answer.