Reach Out Centre for Kids (ROCK)

Reach Out Centre for Kids (ROCK) Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Team work orientated & Caring towards everyone involved.

As a co-op student I had an inside look into the organization, they are like one big family. Very caring for everyone who is involved with the organization. I have a deep appreciation for the work they put in to make everyone feel appreciated.

I loved working here. My clinical manager was very supportive and approachable. This workplace allowed for excellent worklife balance - as in the respected and expected that you had a life outside of work. They were not able to pay as much as other agencies however I felt they always did their best to give more - such as staff appreciation days, and an exercise hour a week. These little things helped me feel appreciated and valued. I also appreciated how much room they allowed for clinical supervision. This is very necessary for all therapists, and I have since learned that not all work places respect the importance of clinical supervision, like this one did. They also never micromanaged us, and always respected us as professionals. I would have stayed here forever if it wasn't because I needed to move closer to family.

Unhealthy Workplace Culture

ROCK provides great services to its community and offers appealing opportunities to those working in the mental health field, however, experiences of health and happiness (as an employee) depend highly on who your manager is and what department you are employed under. Upper management tend to foster an unhealthy work environment that contributes to high burnout and a fear-based culture.

Pros

Access to high-quality mental health work

Cons

Long hours; low work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reach Out Centre for Kids (ROCK). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Reach Out Centre for Kids (ROCK) Reviews by Location

• Reach Out Centre for Kids (ROCK)
  • Work-Life Balance