RE/MAX

Canada467 reviews

Found 467 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,334 reviews
estaterealtoragentrealbrokeragebrokeofficelisting

Professional and Fun Atmosphere

Great team to work with from the team of Agents, to the other Administrators, to owners and management! Having evenings off is great for work/life balance. They are a certified Ontario Minimum Wage Employer that ensure their staff are taken care of!

Very boring, dreadful workplace, and horrible management

Not very inclusive nor accommodating when you are unavailable for a shift. Rude management. Lack of training for new employees. Uncleanliness. Judgemental staff and agents. Very disappointed with the whole work experience to be honest.

Pros

Can get other work done at the office (for students), no strict dress code

Cons

Not enough shifts, rude management, disregards your availability

Insights into RE/MAX

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun loving exciting best place to work

In my five years of administrative experience I have had worked with different employers but Remax is the best job that I can imagine to work.Remax make sure the employer employees are happy and comfortable at their place and they are trying to help them in every other ways

Worst experience

Horrible experience working for Remax! The management is poor (they need to invest into employees formation then marketing). They don't offer great service for their brooker, unavailable for questions and really disrespectful. The salary is very bad and the work environment is terrible.

Staffing problems

Management cannot retain staff longer than it takes to find any other position. Entire sales teams, assistants, managers all have left in the last year. Sad to see the RE/MAX brand being tarnished throughout the south Okanagan valley.

RE/MAX'S strong business reputation that stretches around the world!

RE/MAX is Self employment with the advantage of learning about Real Estate from some of the best professionals realtors in the business. Early or after 5 any concerns are answered. Clients & colleagues know RE/MAX agents take care of all the details. The management and back office is second to none! Now, need I say more behind the office you'll find owners and the family that started it all and now RE/MAX is spoken in many languages.

Pros

Your excellence will be successfully backed many people that are part of RE/MAX!

Great place to work. People and environment is very welcoming and friendly. I don’t have anything bad to say about working here. They appreciate hard work ethic

Great place to work!

Great team, decent management, only reason I left is because what they offer their employees doesn’t compare to what other companies offer is terms of benefits, time off and wages.

Not a fair company at all

Bad management and coworkers in administration staff. Do not treat employees fairly. And God forbid you make a comment about it. Coworkers lie and make up stories and can not do job required correctly

Cons

Bad management

Good job for students

Good part time job if you are a student.Could be difficult working with agents at times as there is lots of paper work to complete and they want it done quickly. Pays fairly.

Year of Turmoil & Broken Promises

From the interview to the point I was fully licensed it was a fabulous experience working with the brokers and onboarding coach. They really motivated me and had me ready to bust out the gates and be a top tier Realtor. Little did I know, majority of what they say in the onboarding process was undeniably jargon. I was told about the minuscule monthly desk cost, which I thought was quite manageable with the abundance of leads I was promised (though confusing at the same time since the office was closed to us and the public for most of covid, being my entire tenure here, I figured them remunerating half of my commission would be sufficient in itself). I was told during the interview process I would receive “more qualified leads than elsewhere.” The joke was on me, a year with the firm and I did not receive one qualified lead from the office, majority I received weren’t even in the same city as me, just some AI generated junk from someone with no intentions on buying or selling. I was finally able to get my first sale, awarded with keeping a few hundred dollars, the rest of my cut of the commission taken to pay for ‘backlogged desk fees.’ I went to management about my issues and was told to listen to different music, read a book and knock on randoms doors all day amidst a Canadian winter until someone said they were buying or selling. Only when I made clear that I was not satisfied with the back burner role I was on did I receive 3 calls from potential clients in one day, it was close to two months before that point since I had received any, oddly suspicious in my opinion considering -

fast paced

a lot to learn and have to do many things at once. job training is not enough, you just learn as you work on the spot but sometimes there is no one to help you and its hard

Very good place to work at

Nice work experienceManagement is human and comprehensiveNice opportunities of advancement Casual work environmentOpened to remote workFair salary

good for getting into RE

my team was pretty small and my tasks were mostly administrative. So got quite boring. But good company to put on your resume. go for a higher position and can be some growth

Competetive

Favoritism to friends and family members of the owners and managers, Very few leads, Very High Fees, Managers who bribe with leads to hire, when say they don't give out leads.

Pros

Christmas Party Golf Tourney

Cons

Unfair

Fast paced and collaborative environment

Productive place to work with great people. Great benefits and culture. Great support to expand knowledge and skills of the job. Hours were very flexible.

Very helpful balanced family and work life

This is a company that has your back, willing to work with you and help you succeed. Helpful but not pushy, knowledgeable and willing to support kind of management

Pros

Management, family environment

Cons

A lot of hours but worth it

Excellent work environment

Good support team, efficient office staff, Broker available to answer questions when needed. Marketing is good, resources such as Realtors across the country are available to you. Good network. Translate your listing into several languages for you .

Pros

Training, speakers

Cons

Personal time as a realtor is very limited

Family-owned values

Had a great experience working for the Zurini family at Escarpment. Over the years, this company has become huge, but they still run it like a family business. I was provided excellent training and learned more in a week at their Queenston office than I did in the year I spent at my previous real estate brokerage. Really fun group of people at Queenston, the agents and staff are amazing, very much a family setting. You will have real estste fluency in no time. Expect to be held accountable for errors, as you're working with people's homes and livelihoods. My wage was very competitive for the industry. One thing that this company does in terms of taking care of their people that I have not seen elsewhere is if there is a blizzard outside and the roads are unsafe, they will close the offices rather than force their staff to drive in dangerous conditions. With Covid now I'm sure they just switch to WFH, but when I worked there, there was no such thing, and they literally just called people at 7am and told them to stay safe at home. If you're looking for a workplace where the respect is mutual, this is it. I moved to another city from which I couldn't reasonably commute, otherwise I would still be there!

Pros

Excellent training, competitive wage, beautiful offices, great coffee in the kitchens, friendly co-workers, a true meritocracy (if you're good, you WILL move up accordingly)

Underpaid and overworked

The office staff is paid horribly for the amount of work they have to do, scheduling is a nightmare when someone requests time off and realtors are constantly upset and yelling at office staff with no consequences. On top of all that there is no HR department where you can bring up your complaints, and if you do say anything it is always brushed off by the owner.

Pros

It’s a job.

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, management

Toxic/poor upper management

Great agents but poor upper management that don’t care about employees. Low pay and next to no raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RE/MAX. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement