RE/MAX Employee Reviews

Found 271 reviews matching the search See all 2,044 reviews
Great Work Environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 April 2019
Remax Twin City was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time there, management is amazing. They are understanding, helpful, kind, and really accommodating. If you are interested in real estate, work for them! They’ll help you and you’ll gain lots of skills there.
Pros
Work place culture
Unpleasant working environment, toxic management, huge turnover rate
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 April 2019
Poor pay, no benefits, toxic work environment, huge turnover rate This office has a very bad reputation... with good reason. Would not recommend working front desk at this office.
Cons
Poor Pay, No Benefits, Toxic Work Environment, Huge Turnover Rate
Negative! Negative! Negative!
Realtor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 April 2019
Survival of the fittest! No supports or helps...make it on your own! Real estate is an extremely competitive profession. Agent have low morale and ethics do not exist.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and no pay
Top Real Estate firm with market leading tools
REAL ESTATE BROKER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2019
Strong branding and online presence including a suite of real estate tools and training for new, growing and established realtors. The Franchises are independently owned and operated.
Simple
Assistant Custodian (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB26 March 2019
An okay job overall, was not paid well though. The tasks were mostly easy to perform, despite some jobs being quite labor-intensive. Left because of job security issues
Belle équipe
Transiger avec clients acheteur / vendeur (Former Employee) –  St.-Eustache, QC10 March 2019
Commencer en immobilier avec Remax en 2008 m'a appris a bien structurer mon horaire.

Beaucoup de formations en vente et service à la clientèle.
Pros
Formations
Cons
Salaire à commission
Hard stressful environment
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 February 2019
With Re/Max we were all classified as independent agnents. We were responsible for all of our expenses.

A typical day involves organizing time, trying to get listings, doing listing presentations, showing houses, drawing up offers, presenting offers and a lot more.

The work place culture is everyman for himself basically. The hardest part of the job was losing listing after having spent time and money promoting them.

The most enjoyable part is when you finally get the commission check.
Pros
Generous income
Cons
Long irregular hours
hardest part
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  admin18 February 2019
making sure you find a realtor that you match with. compatibility matters as youll be working together very closely for a while. the relationship is akin to a couple because of the time spent witht he realtor
Beware of applying
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 February 2019
I recently was hired for this exact position with an agent Eli Nassour out of the Barrie Remax office. I met with him and had numerous phone conversations and he offered me the position. To which I was very excited. I resigned from my company where I was employed for 23 years! I was to start the next Monday as he told me he needed me immediately. Monday came and went then Tuesday, mid Wednesday I finally heard from Eli nassour and he said. I’ll be honest I’ve been thinking about moving towards Newmarket and right now there is not a position available for you.
Be very aware that this i is not the agent hiring for this position but I can tell you it is exactly the posting I applied and was hired for!!
Pros
Cons
Eli Nassour
Great people to learn from
Residential and Commercial Realtor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2019
Lots of experienced realtors to learn from, great training. Best part of the job is brainstorming with fellow agents. Hardest part of job is working 100% commission which can create a bit of uncertainty when the market is slow.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities
Cons
Tied to the economic climate
Fun Place
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2019
Had real great experience working here. Staff was good, Managers were superb and the general environment was exceptional to work. Was really happy!! Kudos.
Productive workplace
Adjointe Administrative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2019
Highly invested in successful business strategies, communication was very solid, dynamic atmosphere, very friendly. The employer was dedicated to succeed and offered potential compensation should the employee assist in the business success. However the compensation was always given with conditions that made it difficult to acquire.
Pros
Always included in events, sociable atmosphere
Cons
pay did not justify work
assistant/sales
Hostess and sales representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2019
I have my Degree in Real Estate and worked in the industry for 9 years. I learnt a lot about business, negotiation, organization,sales
& after -sales and customer service.I built a really strong work ethic.
Pros
learnt so much
Cons
competition is fierce
Supportive and flexible workplace
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB27 December 2018
I worked at RE/MAX as a high school student, the environment was very friendly and extremely flexible. The owners of my location put a very high emphasis on education and made sure we were always busy. If all of my work for the office was completed, I was expected to complete my homework at work. This allowed me to excel in school, while still earning extra money and learning a strong work ethic. I thank RE/MAX of Lloydminster for my strong work ethic and ability to juggle multiple assignments at once, completing them all before the deadline.
Pros
Friendly staff, Encouraging Managers, Flexible hours, Uplifting Environment
Cons
Quiet on weekends, Few hours
Exhausting but rewarding
Home staging assistant (Former Employee) –  Sussex Centre, 50 Burnhamthorpe Rd2 December 2018
This job was both physically and creatively demanding. The job requires you to be able to move furniture, and give your opinion/suggestions whenever the professional stager asks for it.
Okay job
Gestion des inscriptions (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 November 2018
The pay is not good for the amount of work you must do, depending for which broker you work, some dont apply themselves to their work and dont take it seriously. Sadly.
Great Workplace
Front Desk Receptionist/Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Really enjoyed my office, co-workers and agents. everyone had a great attitude and it was always a wonderful atmosphere to work in. Learned a lot about real estate.
Good
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2018
Great brokerage to work with. RE/MAX Twin city is well-managed, up-to-date with excellent support staff, training opportunities and great camaraderie among colleagues.
great office
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2018
great office and family to be part off. lots of leads and high fee's but work hard and lots of training every month to succeed. great offices throughout the city
Pros
leads
Cons
nothing is free
A great company for the focused REALTOR
Team Member agent (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 September 2018
ReMAX allpoints office has one of the best managements teams I've ever seen. They are inspiring, motivating and eager to assist their REALTORS. They have created a great culture of positivity and support. If you are an ambitious agent looking to take your career to the next level you will find the tools you need there. If you are a new agent looking to gain experience and knowledge you can find several excellent teams that you may be able to join.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RE/MAX. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2