RCMP Employee Reviews

Previous Telecoms Operator
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2019
Little to no support from management, pay not nearly enough for what you deal with, toxic environment with no mental health supports. Critically understaffed and you are called to work overtime every day you are off, management favouritism towards certain people leading to lots of resentment. Backstabbing very common among people you thought were friends. Minimal chance for advancement. No raises after 5 years in unless the Treasury Board gives raises.
Pros
Massage chair....that’s it.
Cons
Christ. Where do I start.
Executive Administrative Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2018
Work life balance.
Great employer and the possibility of advancement is great.
Enjoyed every moment working with the RCMP culture.
In this position, a lot of organizational skills are required.
Engaged in crazy activites- Mtn biking, Hiking and Movies
Enveloper (Current Employee) –  Canada9 October 2018
I personally enjoy working with them...
They find me adorable and hillarious
I was an anthropologist but I decided to
Become a Intl Checkers emplpyee💰💕
Pros
Hanging out with a civilized group of Big Truck owners
Cons
They underpayment of themselves their friends and families so friends don't come over much
excellent place to weork
custodian (Former Employee) –  Russell, MB29 August 2018
fantastic to work for as a contract cleaner. Friendly people, easy to communicate with, cooperative. I very much enjoyed working with them on a weekly basis
Pros
good work environment
Enjoyed my job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2018
Was temporary position would have like to have got on permanent but nothing was available at the time. Officers were patient and helpful. Some management showed favortism but they still treated you with respect. Would have very much have like to have got a permanent position with this employer.
Pros
Lunches, and fun days
Cons
Not enough fulltime positions.
If you can navigate the tight rope of this challenging job you might be ok....
Police Constable (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB19 February 2018
It's a great job if...:
You never make mistakes, you never complain, you don't shine too much, but never fall behind.
If you don't mind working with unstable resources, uncertainty, constant changes and surprises.
If you have thick skin.
If you never suffer from PTSD.
If you can bury or hide your mental health issues and weaknesses.

If you don't mind working alone, 70 hours a week, going to court on your day off,

Then it's a great career....
productive, no two days are alike
Alarm / Electronics Technoligist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2018
your day is always of the unknown, learned time management multitasking, great career travelled the world from the NWT to Trinidad TOBAGO. Worked on very high profile investigations G7, G8, G20 Security Summits
a great career
Cadet training program (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 February 2018
As long as you don't get injured, it is a great career. The hardest part of training is the OC pepper spray to the face. I am shocked they still do it in the training program.
Exciting place to work.
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC29 January 2018
Loved working here, the only reason I quit is I decided to be a stay at home mom once my kids were born. Would have gone back part-time but they didn't offer it at that time.
Pros
Knew everything that was going on in Quesnel. We were like our own separate family.
Cons
Couldn't tell anyone about anything I knew.
fun workplace
Academy Student (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC9 December 2017
being able to learn so much and progress in the career...
your day will always be different.
awesome place to grow both personally and professionally.
varied jobs, camaraderie, excellent health/pension benefits
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 September 2017
Job gave me opportunities to meet numerous people, lived in various provinces, allowed me to meet and forge solid relationships with fellow members .It also offered me a comfortable pension and health benefits in my future retirement
Pros
positive environment, great working relationships with management, fellow employees
Cons
overnight - shift work- long hours- court attendance
Loved the job but the politics destroyed it
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 September 2017
Working for the RCMP was an amazing job, but the politics between employees and management was so drastic that my career was damaged by this job. The work hours were long as well because it's a 24/7 job.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Politics
Demanding but rewarding career
Law Enforcement Professional (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 September 2017
The RCMP as an organization has a proud history and the people I worked with were tremendous overall. The organization does have a few problems though. One is an ever-growing mandate and management that seldom says "no". The other is upper management is hyper-sensitive to media coverage and sometimes makes decisions that are designed to minimize criticism rather than do what is best.
Pros
great range of career options, the ability to work across the country, and even have international assignments, Decent wages and a good pension program.
Cons
Can be demanding and members are often judged on the actions of other members of the organization.
Rcmpolice
Peace officer (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC7 September 2017
Good work experience however can be very challenging in various communities police.Varied shifts on smaller policing communiteis can vary thus makes for onger work weeks. 12 Hour shift are good however in larger policing community can be extended due to over time etc.
Pros
lots work never short of work experience
Cons
can be long extended hours as on call hours happen in smaller communities
Good solid job
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 August 2017
The work can be interesting, requires certain level of detachment.
Management can be rigid as it is a paramilitary culture.
Hardest part - daily reports of criminal activity can be wearing, constant negativity.
Best part - striving to make a difference.
I go out with a team and we do speeding checks or cell phone checks as well as foot patrols so that we can keep the community safe
Citizens on Patrol Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC24 July 2017
i have had a wonderful experience so far, dealing with the public and working in a group helps me gain more experience and know what to expect when i become a RCMP Office later down the road.
Intense workload but fun and proffesional
Information System Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 June 2017
My workload was heavy but I felt that I was making a difference in the community. I managed 2 shifts of workers with attention to fairness and accuracy. The work was very fulfilling. I enjoyed interaction with people and learning software. It was enjoyable training my staff and I enjoyed flexible hours.
Pros
Honour and respect
Cons
Poor communication.
rewarding and challenging
Civilian Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2017
This job had it's great moments and at times was very rewarding. Of course working with law enforcement, you only see the down side of society and it can become challenging on your outlook towards people. Which is not in sync with my personality. I would define this as the hardest part of the job.

Because of the shift work, it was difficult for work/life balance. Many people there care about the work they do, which creates good team work. I also worked with a very diverse group of people, which was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.

Management was not the best. But in fairness to them, most were promoted, without any management training. So without the proper tools, it is difficult to expect certain management skills.

What I learned primarily, is how organized and skilled I am once I am familiar with my job. I was trusted by management to be able to give an accurate account of the workload and manpower necessary to complete tasks.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift work
Learned a lot of useful information
Auxillary Constable (Former Employee) –  Alberta26 March 2017
With this job you invest time into your community to make it a better place. People don't understand the job and jump to conclusions. The hardest part of the job was the next of kin notifications and attending fatalities. The best part was when we could be proactive to the job.
Pros
Learned about people
Cons
lots of paperwork
good training
RCMP Cadet (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 January 2017
Training was fast paced and required a lot of focus and attention to detail. The days were long and exhausting. All subject material was interesting and fun to learn.
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hours, stress