RCM Technologies Employee Reviews

New management, degrading atmosphere
Projects team (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON11 March 2019
Company morale is declining due to the new upper management's lack of employee care and lack of knowledge of individual expertise available within the company. RCMT is not winning many contracts going forward due to underbidding previous work and not being able to perform per estimate.
While the nuclear industry is notably high-paying, RCMT pays their employees less than their competitors. While this worked in the past as management support was high, now with the new management, employees are seeking and finding other opportunities in the nuclear industry.
Pros
Foot in the door to the nuclear industry
Cons
high turnover due to (new) poor upper managment, lack of appreciation
not bad...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2019
Not bad... not the greatest. Wouldn't recommend. Only worked with RCM for a few months. Good pay. Poor management. No job security. Good colleagues...
Great Opportunities
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON11 September 2018
Great opportunity for anyone looking for entry level or advancement.
Excellent training opportunities, and workplace culture. Professional atmosphere in Nuclear Engineering.
A good company to work with
Billing & General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 October 2016
A good company to work with and get chance work learn all the aspects of accounting and analysis of various MIS reports due to small team of Finance. Lot to learn I must say...
Great Treatment of Employees
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 June 2016
Excellent training for Jr staff, great opportunities to advance and development both personally and professional. Positions provided gain you experience in multiple streams of project work.
fun company functions
Document Control Specialist/Admin II (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 June 2016
A great place to start in the engineering world, you meet lots of interesting people, fun picnics and holiday dance.
People are nice and helpful
Keeping you on your toes and alert at all times
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 March 2016
Multiple jobs consistently depending on the day. I would start with Monday timesheets to make sure the employees have their timesheets entered and signed off by Supervisors. Separate the Sub-Contractors and have their timesheets coded and entered into the system for biweekly payroll. If there was bookings for conference calls to be done, they would go through me. I run a building with approx. 40 people, and the day to day demands are met by me. I would maintain inventory and order office supplies, lunchroom supplies as required. I would provide assistance in preparing presentations, handouts, and setting up equipment,filing
I enjoy working with the finance team and the payroll data entry. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines makes the day go quickly.
Pros
Chance to move closer and be with my family again
Cons
Too Far away from my family
Good place to work. No advancement
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 February 2016
Good co-workers. No advancement. Most enjoyable part of job is the fast pace. Least enjoyable is the management who tend to prevaricate quite a bit.
Good design engineering experience
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON11 November 2015
I learned a lot in this company as I was always invloved in some design and technical work. It is a great company if you want to learn design work in the nuclear industry.
Rcmt
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pickering ,ON18 March 2015
RCMT was a wonderful place to work. the only reason why I left was because it was a summer job while I was in college. I would go print drawings, file documents, and take down inventory in the vault. I learnt about the business and the importance of what RCMT does. Management was respectful, and helpful. If I had any questions they answered them as well as they could. co-workers treated me like I was one of them, and we became friends while I was there. The hardest thing about my job was leaving due to it being a great environment to work in. The most enjoyable thing about my job was that I got to work with incredible people, and learned more about how important document control is in any company. also after work a few co-workers would get together and play volleyball, and have a good time outside of work.
Excellent people and family atmosfere.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON3 February 2015
Very good company with fast paced environment. Capable and competent management. Excellent place for young people to quickly obtain good experience. Company is very Lean and some people think there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
Can learn a lot for short period of time
Cons
Not enough verticality for advancement.
Wonderful Opportunity
Project Management Aide, Nuclear Engineering (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON30 January 2015
The people at RCM are knowledgeable and professional. I enjoyed working at this organization. Great company culture.
Productive and busy workplace
Receptionist/Project Administrator/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickering5 August 2014
Responsible for greeting clients and staff in a professional and courteous manner, answer queries from all clients on the telephone and in person. Handle complaints in a tactful and diplomatic manner while maintaining a high standard of excellence. Set up appointments, schedules and travel arrangements. Photocopied and file documents according to subject matter. Enter/booking reservations into respective boardroom calendars. Responsible for typing a variety of letters, reports and memos from draft or information on file. Prepared record retention schedules for files to be stored off site. Planned and executed the Summer Staff BBQ & Picnics as well as the company Christmas Gala for the remaining 3 years.
Good company
Project Manager, Engineering/Procurement/Construct (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 January 2014
I have been with RCM for 10 years. Good company. Good management, safe working environment. Good benefits.
Good Place to work to start your career
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Pickering Ontario11 April 2013
A good company to start your career. I learnt a great deal from my co-workers who are always helping and good hearted individuals. The organization has gone through several changes over the last year.
Pros
long term projects to gain experience.
Cons
high employee turnover and lack of long term planning.