RBC Employee Reviews

wonderful experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC7 March 2018
working for RBC is a wonderful experience and great for the future. The staff are always willing to help you if ever you get stuck and the management is very polite and down to earth
Fast paced environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2018
Considering that I’ve been working with Royal Bank for over 12 years, this should tell you that it is a great company to work for. Further more, it’s the people that make the environment enjoyable and fun. Rbc takes prides in hiring the most talented people which I believe as I assist with the interview and hiring process due to my current role.

Overall, they are a great company to work with.
Pros
Th people
Cons
Fast paced environment
management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK6 March 2018
I know that RBC is a reputable company to work for but in the rural communities the management seems to leave some thing to be desired. There is a high management turn over within the branch and there seems to be little regard for the clients and staff that is left behind after multiple management change overs.
Pros
beneifts
Cons
managment
call centre
Investment Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2018
My experience with RBC had its ups and downs. The environment was good to work in, but no advancement unless you put in many many years of hard-work. Only then they might notice you and promote. Not easy to move within the company.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
advancement
good place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 March 2018
I enjoyed working nights, it was really enjoyable, learned a lot of neat things, worked with some really awesome people, met some really awesome co-workers there.
Fun and nice people
Associate Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC5 March 2018
My role can get repetitive on a day to day basis, but there are still so much to learn about managing and building a portfolio.

The people from this branch are very friendly and very fun to hang out with. We also do group outing once a while with the whole branch.

Time management in this role is very important and the most difficult to manage as well. There are always deadline to meet and unexpected request can push back your planned project.
Productive and Fun environment
Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
Helpful teammates who can help each other
Managers are caring and willing to listen to you
Overall culture is good, sometimes need improvements in terms of staffing, may get understaffed
rbc
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2018
Does not pay very well but if you are a person who enjoys going to work knowing what you are doing on a daily basis this job is for you. They require 2 years before you can move on.
Pros
people
Cons
repeat
Little manager knowledge, outdated systems
Senior PMO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
little manager knowledge, too many levels of upper management
outdated systems, little manager knowledge, no policies followed, little cross functional knowledge or engagement
Good company to work for if you\re in the right function and have a good manager
Process & Change Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2018
There is a lot of potential while working for the company however, the function you're in and the direct manager you have as well as senior managers play a large role in whether you move ahead.

Want to know more about RBC?

Ask a question
Rbc product and services are no 1
Client Operations Officer/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2018
Good company to work for in terms of benefit. Royal bank has good reputation and is the biggest bank in canada . I will recommend royal bank to all friends to work there. Good customer service
My office for the last 25 years
Sr. Equipment Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2018
I love working for this organization. This has been a place that i have learned how to be a service expert to my clients and have had a fantastic time in their employ. This is a very ethical place to work.
It was fun with family type environment at the beginning.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 March 2018
Working with the company had been great at the beginning...but as time goes on and different management comes along, everything changes. More work, stress and people changed. The family atmosphere is gone. No matter how hard you work or how long you have been with the company, it will never be the same unless you have a family up there. At the end, people who were let go were relieved and started breathing again from the stress they have had. Cross training and learning had been the best part, but, but when new management comes along, everything changes, people changed, new rules, new requirements, etc. But you learn a lot. You meet a lot of people until it became a dog eat dog environment.
Pros
Sometimes free meals or treats here and there, annual barbecue events or breakfast or employee appreciation day
Cons
too much stress and pressure
good work life balance
Manager, Credit MIS (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
flexible schedules

good salary and benefits

Many opportunities for advancement

strong management team

yearly evaluations fair and accurate

great locations
Proactive learning environment with a lot of opportunity for growth and experimentation
Senior Manager - Business Intelligence Consultant (Current Employee) –  88 QQ Toronto, Ontario27 February 2018
I love working at RBC. We are the at the cutting edge of the data ecosystem, and understand the importance of data in the decision making process.

The organization is massive, and it takes an enormous amount of effort to get the company to move in any direction. As a result change can be slow.
Pros
High Paced
Cons
Slow to implement change. too many chiefs
RBC - a great place to work
Vice-President (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2018
Great people. Lots of opportunities to grow and learn if you take them. Hardest part of the job is the long hours. Best part is the people. They are the best.
Pros
People.
Cons
Long Hours
Very good workplace
Team Leader/Mailroom Clerk/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Nassau, BS27 February 2018
Love my team and working with customers. This company helps you become a team leader and helps you to gain responsibilitiy for your own future use. Ive learned many skills here.
Great Job but horrible scheduling.
Credit Card Advisor/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2018
I was stuck on 10 hour shifts 4 days a week. I could not keep up with the sales when I'm staring at a computer for 10 hours of my day. Not to mention my work days were right in the middle of the day 10-8 meaning I couldn't have any life outside of these hours. It was a late/early start and somehow a late/early finish. Not to mention on my lunch was scheduled for 1:30 which is basically 3 hours into my TEN HOUR shift. I requested multiple times to have my breaks moved around but they "weren't able to". I only left because of the 10 hour shifts. I requested to be switched to 8 but they "weren't able to" . So here I am, an employee, willing to work 5 days a week for 8 hours a day because I can't manage the 10 hours and they would rather I quit so they can train someone else? Just seems silly. All the people were absolutely wonderful including management.
Shareholder Services - Recordkeeping
Transaction Processing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2018
- Back Office - Transaction processing with all client/nominee held investment accounts
- Career Path/development can only be done outside of the work hours
- Back Office
- Teamwork - Team spirit
- Workperks
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Long Hours
Great Co-Op placement
Technical Services Analyst Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2018
This was a very interesting summer job for me. I was really happy with how welcoming everyone was. I really liked the culture and the energy from the people I was working with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K