RBC Employee Review

Day in a life of Estate Administration
Senior Trust Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 October 2013
No day for a trust officer is the same. The job can be stressful, but rewarding at the same time. During the time when a family member passes away or becomes incompetent in a power of attorney situation, we remain impartial and follow years of experience, policies and procedures to move the administration along. We get exposed to various family dynamics which can be a challenge at times.

During my work experience, I have learned key factors to having a proper will, planning and having discussions with friends and family regarding your wishes.

My current office is very small with 4 employees who deal with different aspects of estate and trust services.

The best part of the job is advising people they are inheriting money they weren't expecting to inherit.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
recently lack of teamwork and support of co-workers and management

Other RBC Employee Reviews

good
Branch Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2018
The managment was slack and racist.They do not know what happening especially branch administrator.Teams and advisors arr good and easy to work around.
we had inbound calls,
Montreal, Qc, Canada (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC23 May 2018
we had inbound calls, I learned a lot about the insurance and the need of people. We had a very good supervisor that I learned a lot from him.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge I had for learning more and improving in my job.
Pros
hours of working 12-20pm
Cons
no Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K