RBC Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 496 reviews matching the search See all 3,212 reviews
Great company
Bank Advisor (Current Employee) –  BC13 April 2019
Great company to work for. Good culture. Efficient training programs. As long as you work hard there are opportunities for growth. I love my job at RBC, but the salary is too low.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
Excellent work environment
Demanding and stressful but you get the support you need from colleagues and management
Great work/life balance, salary and benefits
Friendly staff
Slaves
Not Included (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador10 April 2019
More, more, more...

That's what you can expect.

Everyone is stressed out.

Not a good work environment!!

Good employees, but management sucks. They do not listen! Everything they say really means, 'More, more, more...'
Pros
Good people.
overall management
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2019
The management from the department I work at is very bad. My previous manager told me I would have a chance to move further before he left our company. But once he left, his former manager( which is my boss's boss) told me I was not ready. Then he raised the girl he likes very quickly from a normal staff to manager. ( he announced the girl will be promoted to be a manager in future couple months. Have anyone seen a senior manager announce things to everyone like that? before HR approved the promotion?) I have been working at the same place for about 5 years, and I am the one taking the lowest pay. Every single time when I talked to the manager about my pay. He always told me that I am not the lowest. but I knew I am the lowest. Even the new hires are about 7-8k more than me. When our team relocated, one guy from my team told him, he doesn't want to relocate, and he just quickly transferred this guy from my team to another team to make him stay at the same location. He knew I couldn't relocation due to family reason, but he indirectly told me to quit. A lot of people from my department complained this senior manager has very bad management.
But this has only happened in my department, I am sure other departments management are good. And some people are very nice as well.
great place to work but alittle micromanageed
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2019
staff is not the most friendliest. Can be a great career option if really into the field. lost of room for growth once proficient. benefits are great. you should not have any problem if you do what you are required to. friendly environment
Bilingual Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga3 April 2019
Handled daily report independently

Good customer service dealing with French clients

Confident and hardworker

Collaborating with team on translations
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Professional, fair large bank
Physical Allocation Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2019
A typical day would be servicing the client every way possible within the guidelines of RBC policy.
There is much communication and efficiency to find solutions to better serve the industry and the investors alike.
RBC is a fair company who pride themselves with exceptional employees in a competitive field. They also take care of employees who have been loyal for many years.
I would highly recommend to work and pursue a career with RBC to fulfill your skills and allow the company to offer future training.
Pros
Training, competitive salary, flexible work arrangements
good work, management baised
Senior Java/ Scala Developer, (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2019
good work, management baised, DEV work is really good , But the managment takes basied decisions which hampers the project performance specially capital markets
Great people to work with and room for advancement
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2019
Great company to work for. Management is generally great and give career advice on how to move up. Can be stressful, goal oriented, and sales targets given.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
stressful
Strong and secure job offerings
Investment services representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2019
Fantastic place to begin your finance career if coming straight from school. Great training program giving you the tools and confidence to do the job properly. Proper compensation for dedicated work.
Pros
job security
Cons
tall corporate ladder
Productive place
Senior Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2019
Very good and productive environment with lots of training opportunity. Clear career path. Lots of work on a daily basis. Fun place to work. Great compensation.
OK place to work
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 March 2019
I enjoyed my short time at RBC. I would have stayed if he salary was better and I hated the policy of not being able to apply for any position until you have been there for a year.
Mississauga Advice Centre
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2019
Training was good
If you are good at kiss up to your manager or excellent sale numbers then only you can grow

Micro managed
Low salary compare to other FI and workload
Most managers at Mississauga Advice Centre do not know how to speak professionally to their team members
Recently benefits cut
You have stay in call centre for atleast 16-18 months to move anywhere else

Hire managers who know how to speak professionally
Washroom breaks are being micro managed
Pros
Training
Cons
Low pay and over worked - back to back calls all day
Productive and Smart way of work/life balance
Financial Advisor/Manager Delegate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 March 2019
Productive and Smart way of work/life balance
good benefits
competitive wages
good management
good hours
client focused advise
lots of community involvement
Typical day at RBC
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2019
work environment was healthy. maintaining positive work attitude. most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team to keep each other motivated everyday
Pros
benefits, growth within organization
Cons
short breaks
Fast paste, productive and great learning experience
Training Coordinator & Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2019
My day was never dull, working with a great group of leaders and coworker"s alike. I learnt and grew within the department fairly quickly. My manager was a great team leader, she was accommodating, flexible and never micro managed the small and large projects dedicated to my team and I.
Pros
Competative Salary
Cons
Commute
Too busy, no down time (4 seconds) between calls
Banking Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 March 2019
If you enjoy working completely alone, have no team and have 0 time between calls to breathe, then this is the job for you. I sat in a corner for months while taking anywhere from 80-110 calls a day with 0 help. No teammate to even be able to say hi to. Felt very isolated. When you need help, you call a number and 50% of the time, they wouldn't know the answer either and you just had to come up with some kind of answer for the client. Pay is great but wasn't worth the stress of staying.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
No downtime, lots of 'winging' it to find a solution. People yell at you constantly
Document management Area
Senior Technical System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2019
Design, Developed and Implemented Software for Enterprise e-Records Management, HR Benefits & Payments and for Global Securities Services.
Converted Tiff images to 16mm microfilms.
Converted records from Access to SQL Server 2000.
Converted proprietary nature Canno File HR Database to Access
Pros
Lovely working environment
Cons
to many vendors
Would not recommend
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 March 2019
Some offices are good but many are skeleton offices with no managers. Pay structure continuously changes to lower compensation while you receive updates from head office about more record breaking profits for the company. Great place to work 10 to 5 years ago but is steadily going downhill.
Pros
Can get away with doing nothing all day
Cons
Low pay, Managers have checked out, high turnover
productive and fun workplace
Représentant de Ventes et Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2019
I loved talking to clients on the phone, we had all the tools at our disposals, management was great, always there to coach us. Calls were back to back however i enjoyed that, it was a good challenge.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
night hours