RBC Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 442 reviews matching the search See all 2,968 reviews
The Company
Associate Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2018
- Senior Executives lied.
- Communication skills are disappointing.
- Does not invest enough in technology to make functions more streamlined and efficient.
Pros
Nice building with a decent cafeteria.
Cons
Salary is low, you do not know if you can trust the information you hear.
Senior Trade Floor Technical Analyst
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2018
Arrive early, walk the Trade Floor and talk with clients about needs and small talk, continually develop client relationship

I strive to learn something about my job or my environment everyday, I enjoy building relationships with clients and colleagues.

Management is very important, I believe it's a manager responsibility to get every member of there team performing at an optimal level and do everything they can to help facilitate this.

The hardest part of the job is getting all the teams working together to satisfy client requests

I enjoy learning something new everyday, no matter what it is, could be about my job or about the industry as a whole.
Pros
I've learned how to Invest my own money
Cons
Compensation, don't think we are compensated for what we do and are exposed too.
High-effort work, with little career advancement.
Client Advisor Co-op Fall 2018 (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 December 2018
Job Work/Life Balance:
I worked full-time, 37.5 hours a week. Excellent life balance, and was able to work a part-time job in the meantime.

Biggest issue would be angry customers who place all their hate towards RBC onto you.

Salary/Benefits:
As a co-op student I was exempt from most benefits. My salary was decent for a student job however.

Job Security/Advancement:
Nearly impossible as a co-op student. No way to prolong your work contract. Advancing to other roles does require investing time towards getting your CSC or IFIC course and meeting set sales objectives.

Management:
Decent overall.

Job Culture:
I liked the people I worked with, though job culture seemed a bit superficial.
All about sales - Low staff morale - Employees are just a number
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2018
I worked for RBC for over 10 years in many capacities - management and otherwise. Over the last few years, they have drastically moved away from a client first focus and employee retention. They hire "managers" not leaders that have little to no experience. Staff morale is very low along with salary. They claim they are inclusive and promote family/work balance but they don't. They are only concerned about stock prices and making shareholders happy. I met a lot of wonderful people but throughout all of my years, never had an amazing leader that fully supported their team members for fear of repercussions. Onboarding and training has also gone downhill. They are unaware how much certain employees invest in to their jobs and sacrifice in their personal lives nor do they seem to care. Mental health is a topic they "promote" but don't actually implement or discuss with their employees. It is intensely political and doing an excellent job is not enough. People with so much passion and love for their jobs are leaving at a rapid pace.
Pros
Benefits, clean work environment, job stability
Cons
Low morale, salary is not competitive, poor training and on boarding, slow role progression
Good workplace with great people and management
Bilingual Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  1 Place Ville Marie22 November 2018
Every morning I open my work basket where I receive right faxes from dealerships and I complete them. Then I work on carts (Client Request Tool Action) I do service operations for the clients. The demands vary a lot , they could be payouts, payments, closures, etc.
I learned to work with financial products such as loans and mortgages which provided me important work experience. What I like the most about the job is the people that surround me , they are positive and always willing to help.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
No benefits
Great Place to Start Post University
Deposit Monitoring Officer (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS19 November 2018
I have been working here since I graduated in April of 2018 and it has been a great stepping stone for my way into the finance world. The benefits of working here are incredible even if you are only part time.
Stable Workplace
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 November 2018
A great place to work, good benefits and good working environment, if you get recognized if your work smarter, not harder. Your peers are there to coach you always for your success:)
Stability but your payed poorly
Sales and service representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2018
RBC has stability, great benefits and pretty good with work life balance. Overall it’s a great company to work for. Sadly, the pay is low. We don’t get raises. Other institutions get payed more... that’s a fact. RBC makes billions yet they pay there staff so poorly. It’s quit sad
Pros
Stability, benefits, people
Cons
Low pay
Pay not in line with competition
Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2018
RBC really likes to push the “overall compensation” line when addressing pay. Our compensation is comprised of our RBC salary and discretionary bonuses. Which are not guaranteed and which are different for every person across the firm based on who they work for and whether or not that person or people are willing to pay out of pocket. It relies heavily on your negotiation skills and unfortunately, comparisons to others can have a negative impact on those negotiations. Your value is degraded by someone not willing to pay a premium, out of their own pocket.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Embarrassing pay
Not a fun place to work, a lot of politics if you want to move up and low pay with excessive work
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2018
If you are like a robot you will do well here. Pay is much lower than other companies. They are always trying to cut costs. Job is repetitive. Although you are entitled to a 1 hour lunch and 2 fifteen minute breaks the work can be so excessive that you don't have time to finish your work or you stay long hours without overtime pay.
Pros
retirement benefits are good even though pay sucks
Cons
long hours, pay is very low compare to other companies, they hire relatives and friends regardless if you have the proper skills
Work Life Balance
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2018
It is a great workplace. Everyone is very helpful and such a fun place to work. There is definitely advancement and growth, only downside is salary is not as competitive as other financial institution.
Stressful enviroment
Manager Client Care (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 November 2018
There are many goals that you need to hit and it is a very stressful environment to work in. There was very little flexibility and work/life balance was not considered.
Pros
Lower interest rates on credit cards
Cons
Long stressful hours
Great company to work for
Sr. Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2018
The company is great to work for, like any other workplace the work environment can be hectic sometimes. IT is all part of job. The benefits have come down a little but still better than rest.
The good, the bad, and the....
Manager, Client Credit Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
I will not be lengthy but honest when I say that, like every corporate environment in an organization of the size of RBC, I have found and anecdotally verified that the 'politics', red tape and hypocrisy is the worst in this company. That said, I have no fear of losing my job, or of my salary not being paid in full and on time, or of my employer going out of business. This is a large, strong, stable company with a long history of success and growth but it has not done right by me for many years!
Pros
stability;
I find the present banking industry, very sales focused.
Expert Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2018
I felt the management set up our performance system in a way that was very hard for us to achieve. I love helping clients however, the sale pressure was making me very sad to do what I am really very good at "Customer Service". They become very focused on numbers than actual performance. I lost my passion for what I always believed in - helping people.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
Very sale focused industry.
Strong company with heritage
System Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2018
Strong company with good benefits and work life balance. Been over 23 years since I worked there so not sure about the change in culture or structure.
Pros
Like other banks, good work life balance
Cons
like other banks, silos working together sometimes time consuming.
the best among top 5 canadian banks
Middleware specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2018
RBC is truly the best among top 5 canadian banks, from either compensation, personal career, or culture perspective. Especially in IT, many managers and leads have grown up from front-line teams and understand and respect the value of true workers there
Very prestigious place to wotk
Secretary / Term deposits (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2018
Very prestigious place to work. Good salary plus employee benefits. working hours are good . Team work is an important factor in any kind of position.
Great environment
Credit Cards Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2018
Low salary and low on benefits as per industry. Too much pressure and no flexibility. Very high retention ratio. It's a great company making great profits.
Lacking appreciation
Senior Income Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
Lack of appreciation to good employees' hard work, and low compensation. Truly needs improvement on job culture, all management cares about is to cut cost.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K