RBC Pay & Benefits reviews

limit salary growth
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Great company to work for but compensation could be better. Employees are encourage based on your manager but you need to be pushy to very vocal to have your point accross.
good benefits
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
work life balance is non-existant. Underpaid for the amount of work.
good group of colleagues;
not boring
do not put employees 1st only if friends with a manager
benefits, vacation, some managers and good colleagues and quitting time are best parts of the job.
Pros
benefits and colleagues
Cons
no work life balance, underpaid
Pleasant workplace/incredible teammates
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 November 2017
Challenging environment that gives you the chance to develop your skills to perceive, process and apply. Multitasking (2 screens) and the importance given to details as we are in a financial setting (dealing with sensitive information and comply with the industry rules) give you the ability to strengthen your professional purpose.
Pros
events for employees
Cons
no benefits as I am recruited through a staffing agency
Matrix Organization
QA Director (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 November 2017
Excellent opportunity and experienced resources, good exposure and best experience to work. Well paid and flexible work timings. Easy going employees, great culture.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
parking
Quality Employer
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
My experience with RBC was not marked by any dramatically negative experiences. As an entry-level employee my tasks were seldom exceedingly interesting, but as time went on the opportunities to work on better projects became available. I was not in a client-facing or revenue generating department, and thus our work culture was not as fast-paced nor as exhausting as many roles in finance can be.
Pros
Good Salary and benefits
Cons
Concerns about job security seemed pervasive among staff
Good
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC16 November 2017
Good place to work, great training, great up to date systems, great benefits, negotiable wages and options for promotions. You do have certain sales goals so you need to be motivated and driven but all in all a great bank to work for.
Advice Centre Employee
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2017
There are a lot of upsides to working in the advice centre.

- 9 weeks of paid training, the most call handling training you will get in any job where you are on the phone.
- weekly meeting with your manager to discuss your progress and areas that need improvement. It gives you the opportunity to change poor habits before they become a serious issue.
- high focus on career development, you get many opportunities to scope out other positions in the company for your next career move, management gives good feedback on how to work towards your goals.
- you have access to your own stats at any time so you can monitor your own progress. Some results appear daily and some on a weekly basis, but most workplaces don't give you access to your own stats.

Minor downsides

- There is a heavy focus on networking events which can be a bit stressful at times.
- There is a bit of an in crowd mentality for certain employee committees which makes joining feel a bit inaccessible to people who are less socially outgoing.
- some team activities could be voluntary. People do better at planning team events if they actually want to be doing those things.

Overall though, it is a pretty great place to work. Expectations are mostly reasonable and most people are pretty fun to work with. It is not an easy job though, if you are looking for a job where you can slack off this isn't it.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, career development
Cons
None really
Professional and busy workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  148 Fullerton Street, Suite 2000, London, ON9 November 2017
RBC is an international company and an excellent work place! Good pension and benefit programs. Salary varies depending on position and advancement opportunities prevail.
Pros
Professional and busy workplace
Cons
N/a
Great bank. Horrible job
Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal3 November 2017
The bank is the best in terms of systems in use for clients and for employees. However, the bank does not compensate well enough and does not match competitors in terms of benefits.
Geat environment to learn
Securities Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
Lot of opportunities to learn and advance. Sometime you need to know the right place to be or look for these opportunities. Hard work and compensation isn't always on top for what employees give to the company.
Pros
Banking and health benefits are very good
Cons
long hours, long commute
Call centre cards advisor
- Amazing company
- Stressful
- Sales driven
- Appreciation given when earned
- Hardest part of job is it can be hard to move up
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very micromanaged
RBC Royal Bank
Summer position, FATCA - Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
I really liked working at the Royal Bank. I liked helping people out how ever I could. When I worked at the bank I felt like I was always part of the team. Benefits were good. Sometimes fast paced but for me I like that.The job gave me great knowledge of bank services for my customers as well as for myself. Really enjoyed going to work there.
Royal Bank
Customer Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Pros
No overnight shifts
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
Lots of questionable ethics high emphasis on sales at the expense of their customers, this company should be a last resort unless you're not in an entry level position
Pros
salary is higher than other places
Cons
No ethics, no possibillity for advancement
Balanced Package
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2017
Salary of RBC is not high, but the whole package is not bad.
You can play games or have a cup of coffee for a while in oasis.
Work place is not good becuse the space is limit.
Great Place
Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
This is a good place to work at. Job security is is good and they pay you a competitive wage. Work life balance is great and I would recommend anybody to work here
Great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2017
Excellent customer service, with great benefits, the locations are always central to where you may need to Bank. Friendly staff, who are always willing to assist
Very friendly and supportive work environment
Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Management staff always trying to bring values to our work. No micro management, fully trust individual's potential, and always willing to support. Compensation is so far the best in all financial industries i have worked for. Lots of opportunities to grow. Company values diversity.
Pros
Flexibility, friendliness, very diverse, opportunities to grow, great compensations
Cons
Nice experience in a big company
Représentante service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montreal12 September 2017
Happy client, happy company! The values is to make the people financial goals happened while giving them advice and educate them to use the technologies.
Pros
Flexibles benefits
Cons
Hard for the advancement
Great way to learn banking skills
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Nice Bank to work out of top 5 banks. Learned alot of banking skills that I can take to other careers. Overall I would recommend applying here as it is a very nice work place. Management is welcoming most of the times and employees are very helpful.
Pros
Benefits, RRSP matching contribution.
Cons
Short hours for some job positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.