RBC Pay & Benefits reviews

Difficult place to work. Not very accomodating.
INVESTIGATOR / MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2018
They do not treat mental illness professionally. Force employees to come back while they're still I'll. Threatening to cut our pay. RBC needs to hire someone other than Manulife or they will be getting a lot of law suits.
Pros
Free lunches, reasonable pay.
Cons
Long hours, unpaid.
Politics
Group Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2018
Higher management is only playing games and not looking for productive employees.
Too much favoritism no consistence in policy , every one knows what goes comes back but you can experience this at RBC. Higher management keep changing their focus and it is same cycle, what goes comes back again .
Pros
brand value
Cons
disrespect and favoritism and low salary
Very well developed working system
Credit Processing Assistant, Group Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Salary and benefits are leaning to the low side comparing to the other banks. Very well developed system for work, very flexible schedule, awesome colleagues!
lots of pressure
CLIENT CARE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 May 2018
Good job, however in the last few years the job and the entire banking industry changed.

There is alot of pressure to sell to the clients, your are asked to do things that sometimes don't feel right for you or the client.

The goals and the expectations are hard to keep up with.
Pros
good hours
Cons
pressure
It is a good company, depends on manager.
Financial Planner (Former Employee) –  Ontario6 May 2018
I had some good and bad managers. It is a lot hours and very high expectations. The people are good. RBC has some good products and services. Sometimes, the managment has way too big expectations and spend no time on the ground floor. Most stay in their home office. It is a rewarding job if you enjoy clients and focus on them
Pros
Pay is decent
Fantastic culture
Relationship Manager-Repossession Vendors (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2018
At RBC everyone is important. An inclusive culture where everyone is valued. There is a desire from management to see their people succeed and a belief that personal success will drive corporate success
Pros
Benefits, culture, salary, stability
Cons
Location (for me) and hours
Good Salary, exposure to new technology, management sucks and full of nepotism
Senior Technical System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2018
Good Salary, exposure to new technology, management sucks and full of nepotism. Apparently it seems a progressive company and trying to emulate the culture of tech companies but Management is biased and napotism is rampant.
Diverse employment
Digital Advisor/Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 April 2018
Position started as a very reasonable workload but as time went forward, the company expected more and more from each employee with little pay increase. The workload became overwhelming for the pay grade. The great thing about this company is that it accepts and expects acceptance of different cultures, religions and gender.
Pros
Diverse acceptance
Cons
Low pay for position requirements
good company and good people like to work
CASH OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  downtown23 April 2018
I had temporary job from agency and i had good time only travelling was too much. plus some time can go early if have dr app even if you work from agency
Pros
some time
Cons
yes get extra our and saturday
excellent
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 April 2018
excellent culture, very community oriented workplace, fair salaries, benefits, share programs.diverse and comfortable work environment. fair hiring processes
Overall positive experience
Financial Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
Very positive. Great corporate culture. Learned a great deal about the finance sector. Suggestions and ideas were always welcomed and encouraged. Good management and benefits.
Needs more employee appreciation, but good advancement opportunity
Teller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver29 March 2018
Worked with great employees, but high turnover for managers.

For a bank, I expected an actual budget for employee appreciation events and benefits (like Christmas parties, celebratory lunches, etc.) for each branch... but instead we had to pitch in for those events which I've never had to do at any of my previous jobs unless you win more money for your branch budget. We are treated to one awards gala where we have a free dinner for all the branches.

The company does pay attention to trying to maintain a work/life balance and you have better benefits as a full-time employee. However, getting time off was very difficult if you are not tenured.

For client advisors, you have many expectations and responsibilities for your role with pay that does not match as compared to other financial institutions.
Pros
Lots of learning and trust, good advancement opportunities
Cons
Low wages, hard to get time off
Very competitive work place
IFRS Consultant - Enterprise Hedge Accounting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
Provided opportunities to work with colleagues from culturally diverse backgrounds. Fast paced environment requiring hands-on experience. Provides opportunities to learn and grow within the organization.
Pros
Opportunities to learn and grow within the organization.
Cons
Salary and Benefits are not competitive
great employer
Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 March 2018
RBC was a great place to work. I would still be working for them if I had not been going through a divorce. They pay well and had great benefits and working hours.
The advisor I worked for was horrible.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
I developed serious anixety issues after working here. The advisor I worked for was a mean spirited, ego-manic. The pay was horrible. The benefits were good, it's why I stayed so long. RBC is a great company to work for but I don't recommend working as an Associate unless you enjoy being criticized and ridiculed 5 days of the week. The day I walked out was one of the best days of my life.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible pay. Poor office morale.
call centre
Investment Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2018
My experience with RBC had its ups and downs. The environment was good to work in, but no advancement unless you put in many many years of hard-work. Only then they might notice you and promote. Not easy to move within the company.
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
advancement
good work life balance
Manager, Credit MIS (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
flexible schedules

good salary and benefits

Many opportunities for advancement

strong management team

yearly evaluations fair and accurate

great locations
secured jobs
RBC CUSTOMER SEVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 February 2018
Jobs security is vey good. Jobs environment is excellent. but salary and management is not highest level. I did long time but now need change. i will enjoy any customer related jobs.
Big Company
Student Loan Officer, Operations Center (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2018
The Royal Bank Of Canada, is a big organization and a dynamic place to work. Great benefits, great environment and good people to work with. A lot of job opportunitites and advancement.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Good place to start career if you have good prior experience
Analyst, Loan Syndication (Administrator) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
There isn't much mentoring in RBC-CM, all is dependent on yourself to find your way. Benefits are ok and so is salary but it'll costs you a work/life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K