RBC logo
RBC

RBC Employee Reviews

Found 3,219 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,161 reviews

Great Management. Staff who care and are considerate.

I ABSOLUTELY love my job at RBC as everyone works together as a team, the support from Management & staff members are incredible. Helping clients by taking care of them, providing what's best & proper information makes me smile & clients nit just leaving smiling but always wanting to return.

Pros

Fabulous environment to work.

Cons

There really isn't one.

Don’t do it

You are a number and expected to get big numbers. They could not care less about the employees because there will always be more to hire. The push to sell no mater what

Pros

I left

Cons

Pressure to sell

Great place to work, way to advance

RBC is a very well run company. There are a lot of opportunities to learn, build skills and advance. Management seems to know their roles and work towards individual and team results. Good mentoring opportunities to give and recieve.Pretty cheap in terms of work perks - no coffee or soft drinks, only scheduled appreciation times. I remember that staff had to buy each other birthday cakes

Pros

Great opportunities, rewarded for work

Cons

Cheap to staff

Stable.

I have great leadership and there is lots of room for growth. Always supported, work-life balance is sustainable. Training is dated and certain programs are also dated, making certain tasks longer than needed or harder to manage. A high level of independence is needed as you will be expected to manage your own clients and adhere to the policies.

Pros

ERG's, volunteering

Cons

Mulitple different job duties, sales goals

Not worth it!

When you apply for a bank you think you found a good job. Not the case here. You are a number. Directors have no knowledge, no experience and are not interested in anyone but themselves. Advisors are treated unfairly and set for failure. Leaders are given unrealistic expectations and are blamed for everything. Covid and people’s health were never a priority in this department. I suggest finding a better place to work.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Salary, values, respect and integrity

More than a job it’s family

I started working around the beginning of Covid, we were scared to go to work like all of us with the paranoia behind Covid but Rbc got our back caring and reassuring and did not force us to come if we were not comfortable leaving home. I’m glad I got the job, the working environment is great, i made amazing friends, managers I’ve got so far are amazing and Rbc value their employees. The thing that amazed me the most was during employee appreciation week, my manager came to visit me and we went for a walk and ice-cream, never in all the places I worked I got that and I’ve always been or tried to be a great employee but never a company showed me that care and connection before. Thank you RBC

Pros

Flexible schedule

Horrible place to work

Mansgement was dishonest, misleading, cavalier and pressuring. Not a good place to work AT ALL! No support, no training, no promises kept! I cannot find anything positive to say. It was like a giant used car lot!

Pros

Cons

Lots to list

Extremely Micro-Managed - Great for young students

This was my first Call Center job, although the trainer was great in explaining the background portion of the job, the training itself was poor and not well developed overall as a whole. It lacked the time to learn the most important part of the job. The actual job! The theory portion of training was beyond slow. The practical portion was pretty nonexistent. The position was also for WFH - it was not. During your work time, they are micromanaging your every second and move. God forbid you take more than 2 mins to walk to the washroom, use it, and walk back. Overall, extremely stressful environment. I had a poor experience here. I loved working at TD though.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Extremely micromanaged, poor online training.

Very stress place to work

Very stressful place to work. Micro managed. No regards for the employee. Profit driven . Very high demand to reach monthly quota . Sales driven.Bonus at the end of fiscal year however it’s proformancebased.

Pros

Year end bonus

Cons

Shift work. Stressful . Micro managed .

Its an alright job

I like it. But its very hard to move up. I like the environment and the employees tho they give you lots of support but like theres tons of pressure for referrals and sales closing. Always having weekly one-on-one meetings suck with the manager

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Low pay

Jobs at RBC

See more jobs

do not Apply for Advice centre

I worked for an advice centre for about a year, it is a toxic workplace, the waiting time for clients is more than an hour and as soon as they get a hold of you they yell at you. too much pressure from management team for sales and no support for you as an employee. if you miss your break because of a call you cannot take it. the manager keeps sending emails to read while you do not have time to breathe. No room for growth in the company.

Pros

Good benefit

Unfortunately I am unable to vote with "0" stars

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Nice place with good working standards

This place is great to develop and learn. Condition and perks are nice except the salary does not increase after you are hired. They only do the minimal cost of living increments!

Pros

Lot of perks working for a bank

Cons

Salary stays stagnant over years

Benefits are okay. Less growth opportunities.

You get yelled at by clients for doing your job and the management doesn't do much about it. They keep telling you that they stand behind you but that's not always true. They won't even let you switch departments or move to branch until they think you are eligible which solely depends on the manager.I am sure working at a branch is much better than in a call center. You have to take calls non-stop and you are just given 30 mins off phone excluding your breaks ( 2 of which are unpaid) and they expect you to do everything - bathroom breaks, any important call you may have to attend, some rude client yelling at you and you need some time off - everything in 30 mins during your shift and if that's over used, you are in trouble!

Big company, lots of opptunities

Sometimes you get stuck in a role or deoartment and very hard to get out. Good company culture, good benefits, good leadership. There ia bureaucracy at the personal and commercual department.

BenefIts

Cons

Low pay for the amount of stress

Stressful and low support

High expectations for little training. Good if you’re looking for an income, temporary stability. BUT poorly managed, they do not care about your mental health even though they mention it as a priority. Managers are rude in front of other staff members. If you miss your break, you’ll get negative feedback for taking it. Managers want you to do well because they get a bonus. Your bonus is 300-500$ extra/year. My mental health is good aside from sitting at my desk at work; it is extremely difficult to work when your managers are disrespectful and unsupportive

Pros

temporary income

Cons

managers

Productive and innovative ideas

Growth and diversified workplace, productive and fun. Gives the opportunity to everyone to have a taste of different culture The management program is excellent

Pros

Picnic days and free lunches

Cons

Extra hours

Horrible place to work, poor management and equally bad pay

One of the worst places I have ever worked in my life. Management is a joke and executive management is even worse - nepotism is a real issue here and at the branch level, they tend to only hire people who are known to the company and females. People without genuine disabilities are hired under the disability initiative, and branches have a general atmosphere of cattiness and mistrust. Not what one would expect from a major bank. Compensation is also remarkably low until you go up much higher in the internal echelons.

Pros

Hours are decent.

Cons

Poor salary, bad management, highly negative workplace culture, HR is a joke

Constant pressure

The pay was decent but the pressure they put on you for sales was ridiculous and stressful. There isn’t enough training for people that had never worked in banking. Consequently others pay for it when people complain. They don’t stress enough for people NOT to guess at the answer so it confuses and angers the clients when the answers conflict. Their bonus incentives are unfair and they are constantly trying to get you to work on and pay for their charities when they are the only ones getting the tax benefits for it. Just far too stressful. Their system for getting shifts is ridiculous and unfair and they will uproot you from your work station for no apparent reason other than a power trip. I was experienced in banking and have a proven record of excellence in customer service so you have to be able to handle a lot of pressure if you want this job. You are on a very tightly clocked schedule that is held against you in order to advance or get raises if you don’t strictly adhere to it.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Shifts and expectations. Clocking your every move

Not going anywhere

Their evaluation is not fair at all. It all depends on your manager . Even if you do your job, and you are nice to them, it depends on their personality and mentality. Micromanaging, they make you set and listen to your co-worker calls and critics them, and they do the exact same to you!After a year of working on the company I got 500$ increase in my salary annually ! it is like no increase at all. They try to push people to write good reviews about them! If you are looking to retire and not move then yes go for it, they don't fire. But you will hardly get recognition or a good increase.

Pros

if you are looking to stay on your place and retire, go for it. They dont let go of people easily.

Cons

low wage, no movement, stressful, unfair, micro-managing, all about the sales

It's as good as your your immidiate boss' impression of you

Good place for first steps in banking career, do not get too comfortable.Too much micro management, slack training, lacks team atmosphere that would want you to work for them.

Pros

Work from home opportunity

Cons

Micromanagement, lack of communication, your future career is based in your Boss' impression of you. Period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K