Play YouTube video button

RBC Employee Reviews for Banking Advisor

Found 93 reviews matching the search See all 3,435 reviews
Great job, Great pay but tough environment
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2019
It was a great job with good pay and good benefits but the call centre environment was really not for me. It was a very stressful environment , I was sad to quit but I absolutely hated being on the phone 24/7 with little else to do. The training provided was amazing and the management was just as amazing. The hours and shifts were also not the greatest it is a 7-12 operation 365 days a year which doesn’t make for the most flexible shifts, I was unlucky & got a Wednesday - Sunday shift with Monday and Tuesday off which is really not ideal. But still a good work place
Pros
Pay, benefits, management, caf
Cons
Hours, environment, shift options
Banking Advisor
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2019
Company was highlighted as one of Canada's Best Employers. I worked here for five years. I was let go because I went through a robbery and experienced anxiety following it.
Great company!
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 May 2019
Amazing company to work for, cannot say enough good things about them. If you're looking for a career with a company RBC is the best. You are able to take on multiple roles within the organization and learn a massive amount provided you are motivated. Like all companies it has it's issues but overall a great organization I am proud to say I have worked for!
Good
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 May 2019
Typical day at work involves working with clients coming in and out of the branch, calling any potential clients and working with my fellow colleagues. Involves a lot of problem solving and organization skills
Toxic workplace
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick21 May 2019
RBC is a very toxic work environment. There are some good managers and some bad. The only thing that anybody seemed to care about was there annual bonus. Too many sales and targets that have to be met. and hopefully you don't have any mental illness that requires time off work because they will most likely fire you.
Pros
none.
Cons
I can think of a million.
The best company to work for in Canada
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 May 2019
RBC is one of the top employer in Canada, and one of the reason is - its very fair, has a lot of growth potential and very encouraging environment to work with. The system is very fair and transparent
Pros
very good work culture
Friendly environment
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 April 2019
In my short stay with the company, friendly center management with in depth training provided. Colleagues are also supportive wanting each individual to learn. Diversity can be seen with respect in the center
Entry Level Job
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2019
This is great entry level position to get your foot in the door for the banking industry. There are alot of opportunities to grow your career from this position.
Great people to work with and room for advancement
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 March 2019
Great company to work for. Management is generally great and give career advice on how to move up. Can be stressful, goal oriented, and sales targets given.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
stressful
OK place to work
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 March 2019
I enjoyed my short time at RBC. I would have stayed if he salary was better and I hated the policy of not being able to apply for any position until you have been there for a year.
Mississauga Advice Centre
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2019
Training was good
If you are good at kiss up to your manager or excellent sale numbers then only you can grow

Micro managed
Low salary compare to other FI and workload
Most managers at Mississauga Advice Centre do not know how to speak professionally to their team members
Recently benefits cut
You have stay in call centre for atleast 16-18 months to move anywhere else

Hire managers who know how to speak professionally
Washroom breaks are being micro managed
Pros
Training
Cons
Low pay and over worked - back to back calls all day
They have the ability to hire talented people, however their retention is lacking
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Iqaluit, NU26 February 2019
Fast pace work environment requiring attention to detail and problem solving with a slice of sales.

Being in the retail environment you are faced with a consistent barrage of conflict, however management is always supportive
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 February 2019
Great place to work, room for growth within the company and training in any position is thorough with lots of help around.RBC is a big company and there are a variety of positions for every type of personality and skills.
hostile environment
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 February 2019
Banking environment has changed from being customer service oriented to 100% sales based. Stress level is high. environment is hostile. management does not care about employee work life family balance.
Good Bank
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2019
I am employed by RBC for over 3 years and it is a high performance culture in a fast paced environment. Management is friendly and comprehensive. 4/5.
Horrible work life experience
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2019
The hours are ridiculous and you get assigned ridiculous start and end times and shifts like shifts that end at midnight no matter how far away you live.
Pros
It is a full time job
Cons
Long punishing hours and anything that goes wrong is your fault no matter what
High Pace, sales and results driven
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta22 January 2019
Checking Outlook Calendar, Email, attending team meeting, seeing clients, proactive calling.

Digital enablement, multiple targets; selling and cross selling various banking solutions.

Management is basically about getting results.

Team work and team success is important

Meeting the extremely high targets, doing multiple tasks; always being abreast of changes in technology, policies, procedures, promos.

Learning diverse skills, and using multiple software and technology tools. Fantastic training and learning opportunity.
Pros
Health benefits, strong company, Fantastic Training, prestige of working with Canada's biggest financial institution
Cons
100 percent sales and results driven with poor and not commensurate compensation
Worst job I've ever had
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2019
A typical day at work :

-I would work 10 hour shifts/4x week
-As a banking advisor you're taking about a 100 calls a day doing a little bit of everything
-They expect you to have a low call time while maintaining excellent customer service and having really good sales and resolving clients issues.

What I learned :
-How the banking system works, nothing else important or worthwhile learning to advance my career

Management:

-Not supportive at all
-If you're a suck up you will probably advance
-Won't let you apply for other positions

Workplace culture

-Okay nothing remarkable

Hardest part of my job :

-100 calls a day with at least half being angry about something, I would come home crying every night and I've worked customer service for over 10 years, never hated a job this much in my life
-Pay was average, not really worth it for the amount of work
-Very strict schedule, every minute is monitored if you miss your break because of a call you do not get it back

Most enjoyable part of the job:
-Leaving work
Pros
Cons
management, clients
Very good job culture
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2019
People are fun to be with. They have exciting activities at work. The impacting thing that happened was when everyone in the team was very helpful and shares best practices.
Banking Advisor
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC7 January 2019
I usually came in early to do all the opening checks. For security reasons I can't really explain everything that happens but for about half an hour various things and tasks are completed to make sure it's safe for the bank to open and for more employees to show up to work.

In the morning you set up all your meetings for the the day and adapt your day's schedule. Print your papers, fill in the holes and prepare yourself.

All along the day you meet people, shake their hands and learn a little bit more about them and try to meet their financial and banking needs.

Lunch is usually offset at some weird hours and in the later hours of a regular business day you spend your time completing your files and sending emails, closing files and sending follow-up work.
benefits
Cons
slow promotions