Play YouTube video button

RBC Employee Reviews for Account Manager

Found 65 reviews matching the search See all 3,438 reviews
fun work place
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2014
assist sales associates in selling operation.• Planed, organized, directed and controlled sales staff to meet these objectives.Established a sales objective for all departments each month.Made every effort to maximize both present and long term sales and gross profits.
not have happy ending
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North York, ON6 October 2014
workplace very very unhelpful! need to learn how to avoid to talk real words to my manager. very bad management for the top management such as Director vice President .as victim not only myself previous rbc account manager !!
I naturally enjoy working with clients and team-members
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  South west calgary15 July 2014
Recommend strategies that clients can use to reach their financial goals and objectives
Quickly assessing customer needs and behaviours to identify cross-selling opportunities.
Create a positive client experience by understanding and meeting service transaction needs quickly, professionally and accurately.
Account Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  calgary alberta17 June 2014
Handeling everyday banking reviews, identifying ways to save clients money also planning for future, any borrowing or investment
Fast paced environment with team spirit
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga and London, ON27 May 2014
I have been successful within RBC to move around and try different roles. I have been supported in my choices and have enjoyed my years there. Financial services has been a part of me for over 20 years and I am very proud to work for RBC. I like the supportive team work environment and have been able thrive with a little healthy competition. I have been able to build a strong rapport and network with both clients and colleagues.
Pros
Team work and strong coaching
Cons
Retail type hours hard to balance
RBC was a good company to work for.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB1 May 2014
RBC was a bigger company than CWB. I enjoyed my 15+ years with them.
n/a
Account Manager (Expert) (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 February 2014
work life balance is a priority of the bank, salary comparable with industry but can get more with other FI depending on your skillset, micro-management ordinary norm with managers, too much meetings.
National Channel Support
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2014
Would assist dealers with new phone account activation process and policies , acted as dealers help line
Pros
Great work mtes
Cons
Monotony
Hard job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TORONTO23 November 2013
The hardest part on the job is to meet the right clients, I.E. Client with high potential in investments, because client are very sceptical to markets nowadays.
Meet clients and process administration work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2013
It is a very challenging job which really fits my character.
Pros
Clients' and manager's appreciation
Cons
Working weekends and evenings sometimes
Account Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary16 October 2013
Enjoyed the variety of the work. I had a great support team at the branch level; however, there is a bit of disconnect between the trainers and the demands from the district managers in terms of meeting client solution quotes while training - difficult and majority of my cohorts found it very discouraging - if not frustrating. Glad to have been full Account Manager rather than a CSR/AM - most in this new position simply have a challenge becoming competent at the AM role because they don't get sufficient experience on the job - hearing complaints by clients who are now former clients.
Having the tools and resourses to ensure a job well done
Account Manager Qualified/Expert CSR (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON7 October 2013
Thrived on the day to day challenges of discovering client needs and finding the best solution based on all products and services available.
Pros
team buliding environment
Cons
never enough hours in a day
Hyper stressfull sales environment!!! No socializing with staff!!
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2013
Exagerated financial quotas in sales. If one was to work for a commission in any average commision based corporation, the minimum of commission may be around 2% of the gross of sales, at RBC Bank the commission in sales is 0.00236% !!!! a wopping exploitation of all account managers, juniors, seniors!!!
Benefits are at a cost of $65 per month to an individual, imagine if you have a family of 4 members!!!
In one word - not a new notion either- working for banks is like being a glorified slave!!!
Pros
rushed lunch breaks, many times eat on your desk
Cons
exagerated demands of managers and many customers
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 June 2013
Great company to work for if Branch Manager is willing to work without blinders on and not kick the dog when their down. Should encourage not discourage. Build confidence and self esteem not destroy it. Recognize hard workers not yes people.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Manager sucked
Banking
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Coldbrook, NS31 May 2013
A typical day at work involves helping clients setup accounts, provide investment advice, credit and insurance advice. In a rural branch you generally work from 8:30 - 5 with an hour lunch break.

The staff and management are generally fantastic people to work with.

Hardest part of the job is to exceed the goals. Goals are placed on you without allowances for the business position of the individual branch. Therefore an employee working at a very busy branch has the same goals as someone at a quiet branch, and vice versa.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to fulfill all your clients financial needs. It really gives you the opportunity to wrap your arms around them.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Ever increasing sales goals can be challenging
Productive and fun place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Prescott, ON14 May 2013
Advise clients on their personal banking, credit and investment needs.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Extended work hours
Overall a good place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 December 2012
A Typical day at work consists of meeting with clients and finding services to meet their financial needs.
Rating the company 10 out of 10 Banking environment, handling customers inquiries throughout the day, via phone or in person.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2012
Arrived on time, we gather together each morning as a team to discuss what our day would be like. We share different views to support each other.

What I have learned, is communication is a vital part in our environment.

As a management team your assistance is widely required to assist the various departments. You must be readily available to assist.

Co-workers will stand by you, if you give them the same respect.

The hardest part of the job, was broken machine. Sometimes, we would have to ask to customers to wait a little longer.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was satisfyingly each and every client. Clients have different needs. Needs has to be handle differently. Once their goals are being meet. And they can walk out of your office with a smile. This make your day and everyone around you.
Pros
it's challenging, working alone, or sometimes as groups, positive environment.
Cons
sometimes coming in on your day off, sometimes being double booked, sometimes when working short staffed.
I love RBC!!!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2012
RBC has been absolutely amazing to work at. I love the culture of supporting and recognizing your colleagues, my manager is the best, most supportive and motivating. I love helping my clients and I am grateful and proud that RBC supports so many great causes like the Blue Water Project, Arts, We Day and much more. It's a great company to work for and be a part of!
Stressful
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 August 2012
Just an overall stressful work place with a negative vibe. They put too much pressure on new employees and their expectations are too much to start off as a new employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K