RBC Employee Reviews for Account Manager

Found 64 reviews matching the search See all 3,267 reviews
Most enjoyable part of the job.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 May 2019
Meeting and interacting with my team and our clients. Being exposed to many different areas and a rapidly changing environment which challenges to find problems and inefficiencies and then find creative ways to solve/improve them and an openness to share these insights with Management.
Bank life
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2019
In addition to the usual issues with banks such as too many levels of approval and bureaucracy galore, the management at RBC seems to think it is special and employees can't jump to smaller firms for more money. Their hubris is excessive.
Office work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 December 2018
The Banking industry is changing and if they don't pay attention to this new era, they will be expending to much in overheads. I could be boring due to the fact that people are not coming into banks anymore.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Retail
All about sales - Low staff morale - Employees are just a number
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2018
I worked for RBC for over 10 years in many capacities - management and otherwise. Over the last few years, they have drastically moved away from a client first focus and employee retention. They hire "managers" not leaders that have little to no experience. Staff morale is very low along with salary. They claim they are inclusive and promote family/work balance but they don't. They are only concerned about stock prices and making shareholders happy. I met a lot of wonderful people but throughout all of my years, never had an amazing leader that fully supported their team members for fear of repercussions. Onboarding and training has also gone downhill. They are unaware how much certain employees invest in to their jobs and sacrifice in their personal lives nor do they seem to care. Mental health is a topic they "promote" but don't actually implement or discuss with their employees. It is intensely political and doing an excellent job is not enough. People with so much passion and love for their jobs are leaving at a rapid pace.
Pros
Benefits, clean work environment, job stability
Cons
Low morale, salary is not competitive, poor training and on boarding, slow role progression
RBC is an excellent organization with a winning culture.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2018
-good benefit plan, good work environment
-Lots of learning opportunities, good work environment.
--As it is a very large and reputable organization, it can be difficult to navigate at times. You have little leverage within the company as there are always many qualified peers.
n/a
Account manager/retail services (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC30 October 2018
I enjoyed learning how banking works. It serves me well in my daily tasks and helped me develop useful tools. Learning how to be there for clients taught me the value of integrity, commitment and respect.
Productive and with opportunities for advancement
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON2 August 2018
Worked there for a year at a branch in Bradford, ON where most of my time there was spent on training and completing modules with some hands on training. Management was great and the culture was amazing as well. Most enjoyable part was the interaction with customers and the hardest part was the commute up north.
Pros
room and encouragement for advancement
Cons
Small branch in a small town was difficult to reach targets
great place to work
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 July 2018
work life balance and culture is great
friendly staff and management
personal growth
its like working with a family
always something to learn
always growing in your role
Great People
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 June 2018
Great place to learn about the banking industry and start a career in the field. Being with a large bank gives exposure to the wide range of banking activities.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgetown, BB12 June 2018
I owe my high standard of customer service, strong sales initiative and great banking training to RBC Royal Bank. A typical day would have involved meeting with potential clients for bank loans, mortgages, car loans and other banking products and services including opening accounts and offering financial advice. The workplace culture was strong as teamwork was very important. The hardest part of the job would have been the long hours, but the hours were worth it as it ensured that clients' applications had a short turnaround time.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Excellent work experience
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
Working at RBC was a great experience that taught me excellent skills. If you want to be an expert in customer relationship management, work for RBC. The workplace culture could have been better but management is great.
management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK6 March 2018
I know that RBC is a reputable company to work for but in the rural communities the management seems to leave some thing to be desired. There is a high management turn over within the branch and there seems to be little regard for the clients and staff that is left behind after multiple management change overs.
Pros
beneifts
Cons
managment
Good experience
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
Like any of the big banks, it is a good place to learn in the financial industry, however the salaries is not good. The goals are extremely high and the possibilities to move within the company are hard unless you know somebody
working with business clients to help day to day needs
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
working with account managers to help clients with their business with accounts and all needs with the bank
day to day interaction with clients for any inquiring with accounts
truly enjoyed dealing with clients to get to know their business needs and able to help them and give all customer service needed to make sure their day to day needs were given to make business easier for day to day process
able to meet new people
Disconnect between Compony vision and reality of RBC work place. High turnover and always understaffed
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St Catharines31 August 2017
High stress and as a result high turnover or sick leave. Disconnect between employment demands and management. salary has not kept up with increased workloads and demands put on employees who are usually understaffed.
Pros
Great underappreciated staff
Cons
High stress
micro managed
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 August 2017
The company provides long training process, which includes job shadow, web based training and workshop. The working environment is quiet and less energetic
Pros
professional workplace, client oritentation
Cons
micro managed, lack of management support
a challenging environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls ONT27 June 2017
The commercial lending division of a major Canadian Chartered Bank. The job required the supervision of a commercial loan portfolio.
This included both marketing and underwriting and also workouts and problem loans.
My portfolio was one of the most profitable in the region
Pros
A very interesting job
Cons
Very demanding and low pay
Working remotely... not the best for me
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 June 2017
A good place to work at. My job was a working remotely which can lead to difficultly balancing work and family life.
Working during family time and vice-versa.

Learned that I enjoy a more structured work setup.
Great place to work at and lots of opportunities to grow in the company
Account Manager(AM) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 January 2017
Building relationships and trust with clients by helping them with their every day banking needs.
I've learned that you can never stop learning and growing in this field as the technology advances so quickly and the demands keep changing.
Management is well structured but sometimes too much responsibility is given unto one person and I'm not sure thats the best way operate.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to disappoint someone who wasn't eligible to receive a loan, or financially ready to apply for one.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have a positive impact in peoples lives because they had better financial advice and were better prepared to advance towards their financial goals.
Small branch without a variety of clients seeking different products.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Iroquois Falls, ON13 January 2017
A good comfortable place to work. The support I received from my manager and co-workers allowed me to excel at the tasks I was given to accomplish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K