Play YouTube video button

RBC Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Found 83 reviews matching the search See all 3,443 reviews
No security no appreciation
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2019
Poor work life balance, super stressful, too much push for sales. Allow very little time per client while demanding multiple sales, objection handling. Required to do full financial review, credit checks, security checks, ask about whole life, offer insurance and extra products read disclosures, have all notes and decision in 15 minutes.
High dependence on client review of the bank which may not reflect about you, yet you are penalized if the review is anything lower than 100% even though it is because of someone else fault.
Favoritism, racism, xenophobia
Fun place to work. Very structured and fair work environment.
Mortgage Specialist Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 June 2019
My career at rbc was over 20 years. I enjoyed work in a variety of positions. Great training and excellent benefits. Pay could have been a bit better but was fair. Respectful management, great team work. Great opportunity to grow.
Pros
Job security, benefits and training.
Cons
Few.
A day in the life of a RBC CAB
Cash Custodian (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 May 2019
A typical day at work would start off by first doing my early morning inspection of the branch, then disarming, opening my vault and setting up all stations for success. It would entail servicing the ATM and cash dispense unit as well as making sure the branch is within it's cash limits. As the day proceeds, it would entail performing easy to complicated client transactions and trouble shooting with client's feeds back. On my down time I would keep up to date with my courses that are coming due and follow up with any investigations coming up. Closing time comes and it's time to secure the branch by putting away all cash and ensuring my compartments are within limits. Then once again secure the branch and ensure doors are armed and locked properly. I really feel special with the amount of responsibilities I have and the new relationships established with clients.
Pros
Great RESSOP Plan
Fun workplace
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2019
RBC is a great place to start your career in banking. The client adviser role is very fulfilling as the position entails all the different tasks of the teller role on the front lines.
Excellent service skills
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 April 2019
Work/life balance is great. Sales goals are the same for every location even if one is smaller than another. This causes a stressful environment. overall great company not paid as much as the job requires of one.
High expectations & Micro Managed
Cards Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2019
A typical Call Centre where you take call after call assisting peoples daily financial needs. Thats what I thought. I was wrong.
RBC’s values are great and its not a bad corporate to work for AT ALL. However, the Advice Centre environment had become extremely toxic. My role was a Cards Advisor. High call volumes and short on staff due to budgeting. New systems enforced without enough time learning and adapting. Extremely micro managed, every minute and second is constantly monitored and questioned at your weekly meetings with your Manager. Employees are constantly leaving the role or they get so exhausted due to all the pressure and go on short or long term leaves.
Pros
Coworkers, Great Benefits & Employee plans
Cons
Micro managed, Poor management, Low salary for the role
Rbc
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2019
Very good company to work for. Professional and excellent work environment. good benefits and great people. You assist clients with their credit products.
Stressed and Underpaid
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 November 2018
The training is amazing. The coworkers are amazing. Theybsaybyou leave managers never the company. In my experience and of those around me this was the case as the branch I worked at had the entire account managers team leave within months of each other.
A typical day at work
Proof/Teller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 November 2018
The day is always busy working at the main branch. Lots of different things to learn whether dealing with customers, to proofing items for accuracy and calculating exchange rates.
Pros
Early start time
Cons
Parking hard to find
I find the present banking industry, very sales focused.
Expert Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 October 2018
I felt the management set up our performance system in a way that was very hard for us to achieve. I love helping clients however, the sale pressure was making me very sad to do what I am really very good at "Customer Service". They become very focused on numbers than actual performance. I lost my passion for what I always believed in - helping people.
Pros
Benefits are good.
Cons
Very sale focused industry.
Rbc
BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2018
Good company with great benefits and salary.
Good leadership and mentorship opportunities.
Good work life balance and opportunity for advancement.
Good overall place to work
Keyword “Clients Needs”
Cards Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2018
Although we are all clients, the Cards Advisor role is way too focused on the client service experience (aka Sales & micro managing to ensure sales are met).
In a nutshell, the advice centre role cares more about meeting sale targets rather then employees concerns. Employees are over worked, micro managed, not appreciated for their efforts, and a noticable difference is sensed in managements approach with the high performers and low performers. This role takes a toll on people and i do not recommend it to anyone who cares about their mental health.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay
Cons
Micro managed, High call volumes, No appreciation, Over workes
Manager, Client Care (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 June 2018
Great company to work for with lots of room for development and to learn the ins and outs of the business. Great people and teams and a big company that values diversity.
Call center credit card advisor
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 June 2018
The call center is not a great place to work. A call every 5 seconds come through, people are yelling at you non stop.

The management leaves you alone because there is too much turnover, stay out and save yourself while you can.
Pros
Less stress from management
Cons
Everything else
Care about Students
Officer-In-Charge (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2018
This was my 1st professional job as I entered my 1st year post-secondary. RBC was really accommodating with my school schedule and really showed that they cared about my education. It was an investment by them in me. Before you knew it, 6 years went by and I was able to work my way up to the supervisor role.
Good company to work at
Career Launch Program Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 April 2018
The culture is very strong and reinforced. People are very genuine in helping each other and collaborating. Many career advancement opportunities possible.
Needs more employee appreciation, but good advancement opportunity
Teller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver29 March 2018
Worked with great employees, but high turnover for managers.

For a bank, I expected an actual budget for employee appreciation events and benefits (like Christmas parties, celebratory lunches, etc.) for each branch... but instead we had to pitch in for those events which I've never had to do at any of my previous jobs unless you win more money for your branch budget. We are treated to one awards gala where we have a free dinner for all the branches.

The company does pay attention to trying to maintain a work/life balance and you have better benefits as a full-time employee. However, getting time off was very difficult if you are not tenured.

For client advisors, you have many expectations and responsibilities for your role with pay that does not match as compared to other financial institutions.
Pros
Lots of learning and trust, good advancement opportunities
Cons
Low wages, hard to get time off
Good Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 March 2018
This is a people and customer focus bank. It caters to give the best customer service to its clients. The working relations of staff was very conducive, collaborative, and team work.
great experience
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2018
I was trained in various areas and appreciated the experience i had with Royal Bank. It was definitely an enjoyable work experience and it taught me a lot
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no advancement
Great place to develop financial literacy
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 February 2018
The banking world is changing rapidly and to be able to learn through and grow through a large corporation that offers opportunity for career advancement was a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K