RBC Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Found 180 reviews matching the search See all 3,312 reviews
Great work place
Specialist en Contestation (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 June 2019
RBC provided me with an excellent job opportunity. I learned a lot during my time there. My coworkers were very kind and patient and were always more than ready and willing to answer any of my questions
Overall Good Exp
RBC Business Advisory Group (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 June 2019
Overall Good experience, I've learned a lot and got opportunities to grow. Certain manager can be incompetent. But you can find incompetent manager in every organization.
Fun workplace, great people
Banking advisor/Digital banking advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 June 2019
The atmosphere was great, met so many new people. Learned a lot about the company in a short space of time. Possibility to move onto different departments if you put in the work
good employer
Account manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2019
Duties:

• Underwrite credit files within lending limits
• Process credit applications
• Acting as a Loan Officer, where I was responsible for evaluation and processing of credit applications that meet RBC Credit Adjudication and Risk Management requirements.
• working closely with Operational Risk and Risk Management departments to process credit applications
• Preparing and conducting Sales meetings for sales teams
• Contributing to meeting sales plan and related activities by actively and effectively assessing customer financial needs and providing effective solutions.
Fournir des conseils, du soutien et des services transactionnels aux clients
Teller (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2019
Traitement des transactions financières,Assurer le respect de tous les contrôles internes et des politiques et procédures établies, afin de garantir la transparence de chaque transaction effectuée
expérience à la banque Royale
RBC CLP associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2019
Mon expérience à la banque royale dans le cadre du programme lancement de carrière fut une expérience enrichissante et intéressante.
Pros
Network
Cons
les notes des fondations peuvent affectées le dossier de L'associé
Great team to work with
Investment Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 May 2019
Does not promote career opportunities within RBC.

Are not opened to employees suggestions

More of call center than an actual job as an investment rep.
Pros
paid licenses
Cons
inflexible schedule and vacations
Nice work environment
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 April 2019
Very good culture, the work environment is fun to be in. Learned a lot of team working skills while working at RBC. Superior was very helping in aid-ing with difficult tasks.
Strong and secure job offerings
Investment services representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2019
Fantastic place to begin your finance career if coming straight from school. Great training program giving you the tools and confidence to do the job properly. Proper compensation for dedicated work.
Pros
job security
Cons
tall corporate ladder
productive and fun workplace
Représentant de Ventes et Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 March 2019
I loved talking to clients on the phone, we had all the tools at our disposals, management was great, always there to coach us. Calls were back to back however i enjoyed that, it was a good challenge.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
night hours
Best place to work at and great office environment
Sales and Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 February 2019
worked for them for 3.5 years then left to pursue other opportunities.

working from home is great and the management are very cool and down to earth; a little under qualified for their roles but nice.

only if you know the right people will you move on to better opportunities and god forbid you get on anyone's bad side, management will all gang up on you to get rid of you.
Pros
home/work life balance, Salary
Cons
advancement is about who you know, not how well you work
Good Bank
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2019
I am employed by RBC for over 3 years and it is a high performance culture in a fast paced environment. Management is friendly and comprehensive. 4/5.
very good
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 January 2019
• Providing resolutions trough sourcing information, matching
• an appropriate product/service
• Establish and maintain customer records
• Handle customer complaints and resolve
• Accurately administer sales promotions
• Understand, support and demonstrate company’s policies and procedures
Worst job I've ever had
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 January 2019
A typical day at work :

-I would work 10 hour shifts/4x week
-As a banking advisor you're taking about a 100 calls a day doing a little bit of everything
-They expect you to have a low call time while maintaining excellent customer service and having really good sales and resolving clients issues.

What I learned :
-How the banking system works, nothing else important or worthwhile learning to advance my career

Management:

-Not supportive at all
-If you're a suck up you will probably advance
-Won't let you apply for other positions

Workplace culture

-Okay nothing remarkable

Hardest part of my job :

-100 calls a day with at least half being angry about something, I would come home crying every night and I've worked customer service for over 10 years, never hated a job this much in my life
-Pay was average, not really worth it for the amount of work
-Very strict schedule, every minute is monitored if you miss your break because of a call you do not get it back

Most enjoyable part of the job:
-Leaving work
Pros
Cons
management, clients
Over all good experience working here.
CLIENT ASSISTANCE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 December 2018
I worked for RBC for 6 years. The salary was a little low for the expectations that they want sales wise. Overall though the benefits are very good and there is a lot of room for advancement.
Greatest experience
Banking advisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 December 2018
A great place to work in. Great vibe. Great management, very understanding.. The job itself sucks. It's very emotionally demanding however, the pay helps with that.
La meilleure école
Conseiller en prêts hypothécaires (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 December 2018
C'est au sein de cette entreprise que j'ai tout appris au niveau des finances personnelles, j'ai commencé comme caissier en chef, ensuite j'ai eu une promotion comme conseiller financier, par la suite Directeur de Comptes et finalement comme agent hypothécaire, suite à l'obtention de mon permis d'agent hypothécaire, qui était nécessaire pour devenir courtier hypothécaire. J'ai adoré mon expérience.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Montreal2 December 2018
Fun and cool. Had personal issues with my supervisor. Otherwise it was okay the pay was decent the people working alongside were nice enough and we were busy just doing the job
Good chance to advance if manager likes you.
Account Manager Mutual Funds Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2018
Working at RBC is nice, the people are nice and the culture is good. Managers can make it or break it for you. Certain managers will roadblock you regardless of how hard you work. It's the same as any other bank.
Clients can be terrible at times but very sweet also. They will treat you like you are nothing and you have to learn to endure.
Pros
Job Security
Great Environment
Polyvalent, autonome, leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 November 2018
Good place to grow if you are career oriented. Friendly environment with upper management and new ideas for development are welcomed. I recommend this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K