Play YouTube video button

RBC Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Found 318 reviews matching the search See all 3,438 reviews
Call centre
Investment advisor (phone) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2019
Very stressful. Too much of a focus on sales and surveys. Stressful targets because even if you are meeting targets they will always ask for more depending on the median average.
very busy work environment
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 July 2019
busy fast pace work environment
good and competitive work environment
good pay and good place to work
lots of opportunity for growth
will recommend for entry level jobs
productive
Collector of early stage delinquencies in Mortgage (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 July 2019
very productive. helpful managers. fun enviroment.
Working experience at RBC has had it's challenges and learning experience
Specialized Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga27 June 2019
Workplace culture at different departments have been different.
Hardest part of the job is not getting enough recognition. Management is finally better than before.
great
Credit Cards Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2019
awesome company, if you desire a fulfilling career RBC is there. Patience is needed as you can move up in the company quickly, although time will tell
Supportive and collaborative environment.
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2019
My time at RBC Insurance was a good one - it was, for the most part, a supportive and collaborative environment. A fairly good work/life balance, good cafeteria, and covered parking.
They expect robots
Banking Advisor, Sales and Service Group (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2019
Clients aren't very nice, managers expect too much for too little of a salary, major micro managing - not worth the stress for no job advancement or chances to move up.
Supportive work environment.
Credit Card Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 June 2019
Managers are incredibly supportive of you even if you're facing mental health problems. Lots of support from the start of training even through when you hit the floor. I would recommend working here if you don't mind starting on a late shift.
Pros
workplace environment
Cons
starting hours
great team and work environment
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2019
Enjoyable and opportunity to learn new stuffs each day.
Awesome work environment, supportive nature of team you don't need to worry if you want to ask anything from anyone, each and every members of the management are very nice.
You can learn various things when you work in such a good work place and if a person enthusiastic towards their work they never get bored.
To be very honest , the hardest part of the job is to sit for a long hours but when you focus towards your speed and accuracy then your hardest part of the job become enjoyable.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
long sitting hours
Great experience
Senior Licensed Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2019
Enjoyed my work at rbc ,great work culture
Great learning but limited scope to grow
Salary is mediocre but great benefits
Office location is beautiful
Great job, Great pay but tough environment
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2019
It was a great job with good pay and good benefits but the call centre environment was really not for me. It was a very stressful environment , I was sad to quit but I absolutely hated being on the phone 24/7 with little else to do. The training provided was amazing and the management was just as amazing. The hours and shifts were also not the greatest it is a 7-12 operation 365 days a year which doesn’t make for the most flexible shifts, I was unlucky & got a Wednesday - Sunday shift with Monday and Tuesday off which is really not ideal. But still a good work place
Pros
Pay, benefits, management, caf
Cons
Hours, environment, shift options
Invest by Phone Advisor (Onebound) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2019
I find that the management and the evaluation of my performance and expectations are always changing and very inconsistent. It's frustrating to be working in a role and line of business that don't quite seem to have a grasp as how best to evaluate and what metrics to use evaluate job performance.
Pros
great benefits and perks/pension plan
Cons
job evaluation metrics always changing and communication of expectations not always transparent
Productive workplace
Account Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2019
Learned teamwork and cooperation. Continuous learning inside the workplace. we work as a family. most enjoyable part of the job is when it is Christmas time there is raffle!
Horrible place to work
Sr. Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2019
Major upper management favoritism, if you don't know the right person you are not going anywhere within this organization, however I will say this is before RBC was taken over by Aviva so I don't know if things have changed. Salary not within market range at all
Pros
Cons
Managment
Great place to start
Senior Business Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2019
-Working in rbci is an okay place to start but not a great place to stay for long. The environment is too tense and so much to do for little pay
-Learnt alot as you are properly trained
-Management is okay but impose too much on the workers and expect a lot
-Having to ask so many questions from client who called in to make a quick change on their policies
-Seeing my fun team members everyday
Cons
very long hours
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2019
a typical day at work was tending to customer needs, whether depositing checks. Learned how to manage time wisely and the workplace culture was very inspiring to work in as everyone was trying to be the best versions of themselves everyday.
fast paced and high volume environment
Banking Advisor at Advice Centre (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2019
my colleagues were amazing but working here was a but of a nightmare for me as there was always one thing or another stopping any advancement for myself. After trying to return back from mat leave, I had to quit as RBC would not accommodate or change my hours so I could put my child in daycare.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
some management don't want you to go far
Well balanced work environment
Licensed Insurance Agent - Call Centre (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2019
Being a call centre everyday was a very busy day, but the management at RBC made it fun too to balance it. The peers were very warm and supporting. The best part of the job was communicating with customers over the phone from all walks of life. Being in customer service patience is a virtue. I has taught me to put myself the customers shoes to understand their issues before reacting. There have being times when the customer gets difficult to handle despite all measures and those are the hard times and comes with the job.
Pros
communicating with people
Cons
difficult customers
Entry Level Job
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2019
This is great entry level position to get your foot in the door for the banking industry. There are alot of opportunities to grow your career from this position.
Fun place to work
Investment Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2019
This is great place to get your foot in the door in the investment industry. There are alot of opportunities to grow your career in the invetment industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K