RBC

RBC Employee Reviews

Found 3,213 reviews matching the search
This place is great to develop and learn. Condition and perks are nice except the salary does not increase after you are hired. They only do the minimal cost of living increments!
Pros
Lot of perks working for a bank
Cons
Salary stays stagnant over years
I worked for an advice centre for about a year, it is a toxic workplace, the waiting time for clients is more than an hour and as soon as they get a hold of you they yell at you. too much pressure from management team for sales and no support for you as an employee. if you miss your break because of a call you cannot take it. the manager keeps sending emails to read while you do not have time to breathe. No room for growth in the company.
Pros
Good benefit
Mansgement was dishonest, misleading, cavalier and pressuring. Not a good place to work AT ALL! No support, no training, no promises kept! I cannot find anything positive to say. It was like a giant used car lot!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
You get yelled at by clients for doing your job and the management doesn't do much about it. They keep telling you that they stand behind you but that's not always true. They won't even let you switch departments or move to branch until they think you are eligible which solely depends on the manager.I am sure working at a branch is much better than in a call center. You have to take calls non-stop and you are just given 30 mins off phone excluding your breaks ( 2 of which are unpaid) and they expect you to do everything - bathroom breaks, any important call you may have to attend, some rude client yelling at you and you need some time off - everything in 30 mins during your shift and if that's over used, you are in trouble!
Sometimes you get stuck in a role or deoartment and very hard to get out. Good company culture, good benefits, good leadership. There ia bureaucracy at the personal and commercual department.
BenefIts
Cons
Low pay for the amount of stress
High expectations for little training. Good if you’re looking for an income, temporary stability. BUT poorly managed, they do not care about your mental health even though they mention it as a priority. Managers are rude in front of other staff members. If you miss your break, you’ll get negative feedback for taking it. Managers want you to do well because they get a bonus. Your bonus is 300-500$ extra/year. My mental health is good aside from sitting at my desk at work; it is extremely difficult to work when your managers are disrespectful and unsupportive
Pros
temporary income
Cons
managers
Growth and diversified workplace, productive and fun. Gives the opportunity to everyone to have a taste of different culture The management program is excellent
Pros
Picnic days and free lunches
Cons
Extra hours
One of the worst places I have ever worked in my life. Management is a joke and executive management is even worse - nepotism is a real issue here and at the branch level, they tend to only hire people who are known to the company and females. People without genuine disabilities are hired under the disability initiative, and branches have a general atmosphere of cattiness and mistrust. Not what one would expect from a major bank. Compensation is also remarkably low until you go up much higher in the internal echelons.
Pros
Hours are decent.
Cons
Poor salary, bad management, highly negative workplace culture, HR is a joke
The pay was decent but the pressure they put on you for sales was ridiculous and stressful. There isn’t enough training for people that had never worked in banking. Consequently others pay for it when people complain. They don’t stress enough for people NOT to guess at the answer so it confuses and angers the clients when the answers conflict. Their bonus incentives are unfair and they are constantly trying to get you to work on and pay for their charities when they are the only ones getting the tax benefits for it. Just far too stressful. Their system for getting shifts is ridiculous and unfair and they will uproot you from your work station for no apparent reason other than a power trip. I was experienced in banking and have a proven record of excellence in customer service so you have to be able to handle a lot of pressure if you want this job. You are on a very tightly clocked schedule that is held against you in order to advance or get raises if you don’t strictly adhere to it.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Shifts and expectations. Clocking your every move
Their evaluation is not fair at all. It all depends on your manager . Even if you do your job, and you are nice to them, it depends on their personality and mentality. Micromanaging, they make you set and listen to your co-worker calls and critics them, and they do the exact same to you!After a year of working on the company I got 500$ increase in my salary annually ! it is like no increase at all. They try to push people to write good reviews about them! If you are looking to retire and not move then yes go for it, they don't fire. But you will hardly get recognition or a good increase.
Pros
if you are looking to stay on your place and retire, go for it. They dont let go of people easily.
Cons
low wage, no movement, stressful, unfair, micro-managing, all about the sales
Good place for first steps in banking career, do not get too comfortable.Too much micro management, slack training, lacks team atmosphere that would want you to work for them.
Pros
Work from home opportunity
Cons
Micromanagement, lack of communication, your future career is based in your Boss' impression of you. Period
Very good credit card managers for the amount of work you do you are not paid fairly and nothing happens to the client that discriminate you mangers do nothing re your claims of verbal raciscim. Toxic stress work. Life will impact your Personal life
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Survey scores
Long hours and very difficult to find work-life balanced. There is a training on paper, but the employees are so busy than you have to learn things on your own. It was shocking to see that employees barely take lunch time. Long hours sitting that can cause health issues. High expectations for the salary.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Long hours due the high volume of operations, lack of training and lack of staff.
Best company to work with excellent work culture and employee care. Positive top management and leadership with growth mindset and always innovating to be the best in delivering superior client experience.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
The CSR job is primarily a sales role. I was looking to get back into the workforce after time off to raise my children. Pay is minimum wage and the hours were terrible. As a new employee I was working the evening and weekend shifts. Even working at the mall in university, they alternated employees to allow for a weekend off each month and the atmosphere was better. When an opportunity came to transfer to a branch 45 minutes closer to home, I was told I wasn’t allowed as it was in a different territory with a different manager. This role is better suited to new graduates without families, looking to work their way up the ladder.
Pros
Training, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Poor wages, requires evening and weekend hours, competitive among employees
I work at advice center and I get so much of negative pressure. The managers areunsupportive, makes me feel like we dont matter to them. They are all about numbers,client surveys (when they make client wait for 1 hour) obviously, they will not be giving 10. Management will always hold you responsible for each survey even though its their own fault. No job security, they dont look for positive things we did but always point out negative things. 8 hours drain your mind compeltely. I have started having other health issues due to stress. Its too much to handle.DON'T STAY IN ADVICE CENTER FOR LONG. They do not provide breaks if we have missed it while we are on call. ZERO CONSIDERATION ABOUT EMPLOYEES'S FEEDBACK OR MENTAL HEALTH.
Benefits
Cons
No support from managers, sometimes no breaks, favouritism, poor management.
I have joined RBC under Advice Centre. There is immense negative pressure of the work. Training was too long but it is not effective. Managers are not supportive, they ask to write commitments after each skill build session which is used against you during performance appraisal / quarterly reviews. There need to be a proper mechanism to provide feedback on given Training. Managers are negatively pressurising which is creating fear of losing job. There's no job security. Overall, RBC has a big name but their HR policy is inhuman. Negative Pressure creates a lot of stress. Managers are micro managing each calls and not giving freedom and flexibility. After each calls there's only 4 seconds given to pause which is not realistic. WFO system who manages our shifts and break, does not allow us to take break if we have missed while we were on call with clients. Focus is more towards "SALES" and they do not care about Employees.
Pros
Reputed Organization
Cons
- Goals are unrealistic, lot of Micro management, no proper training, Banking advisor Intern are expected to give 100% from day 1.
Excellent working environment and dealing with new HR Technologies. Team work and good learning of all HR stakeholders working.
"Feel free to come in on Saturdays if you feel you need to to get the work done" was something my manager told me right from the start. I quickly noticed that the company is very clique-based with management spending most of their time gossiping and promotions going to family members of management. Expect to be over-worked and under-paid with contract work being the defacto norm and the chance at getting full time work with benefits being dangled in front of you constantly to convince you to work extra hours off the clock for no pay.Management gets a bonus based on how much of their budget they don't spend so expect every corner to be cut.Training was near non-existent with managers not knowing what you were supposed to be doing and telling you to watch someone else do their job to figure it out.
Pros
Get to say you worked at rbc
Cons
No benefits, unpaid overtime, innovation frowned upon (stop making management look bad with your ideas), mandatory meetings about feelings
I worked at RBC for 4 years as a Client Advisor. The work/life balance was decent the pay could have been much better but working part time at RBC there is a lot of flexibility in the scheduling sometimes you'll work full days other days can be half days. The clients for the most part are relatively friendly however you're going to have those couple of irate, angry rude clients it comes with the territory of customer service. Unfortunately during my time at RBC the branch managers I had were terrible they were completely dysfunctional, disorganized, unhelpful, disengaged and most of the time didn't care much about the staff or clients it was a toxic workplace environment with them. These guys were RBC lifers so they knew nothing was going to happen to them. So your experience at RBC will depend on which branch you get placed at hopefully it's one where the workplace culture is healthy, collaborative and everyone is willing to help and communicate effectively. But overall my experience at RBC was not the greatest it could have been so much better. People don't leave companies they leave bad/poor management.
Pros
Decent work/life balance
Cons
terrible branch management
From beginning to end, a nightmare. Recruiter promised things that could not and did not happen, they were just filling in the seats. Hours were difficult, could not achieve work life balance and the amount of politics in the work place was ridiculous. You were expected to obey, perform and not complain.
  1. Employee reviews