RBC Employee Reviews

Review of RBC
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 August 2018
Not a good place to work. Poor work culture focused on aggressive selling to impatient customers who are not interested and just want to finish their banking.
good for work life balance...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 August 2018
Good if you have a family, or other priorities. The salary is VERY low, but I guess the job security is good and almost impossible to do extra hours for lower ranked jobs. Lots of politics, not sure how people get promoted but it looks like it comes a lot from who you know more than on results.
Pros
Work-life balance, job security
Cons
low wage, not so great benefits
Call Center position with daily quotas
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2018
Required to be on the phone using an auto-dialer to contact clients. Must be on the phone for the entire shift. Would average contacting 110 clients over 7:15 min shift (8 hrs less breaks). Breaks are scheduled with no leeway. Often the campaigns we would call on would not be investment related (i.e. about chequing accounts) although our job titles and description clearly detailed our knowledge of investments. Management was difficult and did not promote career advancement. The culture was terrible with extremely high turnover rates.
Good starting job
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2018
Entry level is decent, the pay is good but there are very limited opportunities to advance. Politics has ruined this department and management does not want you to succeed.
Decent place to work.
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2018
If you are looking for a place with lots to learn then RBC is the place to work.

Can be sometimes political, but the people that work here are great.
Potential for career advancement
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2018
Lots of changes going on in the industry. great potential for advancement. it is not an easy job and there will be a lot of hurdles. very fast paced environment so be able to wear multiple hats.
Productive and with opportunities for advancement
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON2 August 2018
Worked there for a year at a branch in Bradford, ON where most of my time there was spent on training and completing modules with some hands on training. Management was great and the culture was amazing as well. Most enjoyable part was the interaction with customers and the hardest part was the commute up north.
Pros
room and encouragement for advancement
Cons
Small branch in a small town was difficult to reach targets
Good place and good people, wages do not match work load
Senior banking advisor (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 August 2018
High stress job that does not fairly match wages for work load and required sales targets. We have given feedback for years to increase hourly wages and not have so much emphasis put on end of year bonus.
Cons
Short breaks
Rbc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
RBC was a great FI to work for and I would 100% recommend individuals to apply. They have a very inclusive working atmosphere and great management who insure you are the best at your job.
Keyword “Clients Needs”
Cards Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2018
Although we are all clients, the Cards Advisor role is way too focused on the client service experience (aka Sales & micro managing to ensure sales are met).
In a nutshell, the advice centre role cares more about meeting sale targets rather then employees concerns. Employees are over worked, micro managed, not appreciated for their efforts, and a noticable difference is sensed in managements approach with the high performers and low performers. This role takes a toll on people and i do not recommend it to anyone who cares about their mental health.
Pros
Benefits, Decent pay
Cons
Micro managed, High call volumes, No appreciation, Over workes
Good workplace
Credit Card Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 July 2018
Learned excellent customer service skills
Handling customer's needs and objections
Learned a lot about finance and how to manage money better
Also learned how interest rates and credit works
Pros
Very organized
Cons
Work life balance
Nice multi-culture work place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2018
This is my first job at RBC, and I am so lucky to work with a group of nice people. We have people from different country and we often share our culture to each other.

I have learned a lot working experience and technique skills from them.I really enjoy working here but somehow the volume of my work became much more and I could not get too much help.
great place to work
Manager and Chief Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
Great place to work. Very engaged in employee relations and very well done in the human resource support. Would recommend to any new employee and veterans.
Not Bad at a Small Branch
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glengarry, ON30 July 2018
Being a client rep is just like being a bank teller. During your online training the job can seem daunting at first, but once you shadow someone for a few days, and get to do a little transaction here and there, it's really easy to pick up and you get comfortable with it. Bonus - small branches are typically only Monday to Friday, which means you get your weekends off.
great place to work
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 July 2018
work life balance and culture is great
friendly staff and management
personal growth
its like working with a family
always something to learn
always growing in your role
Great Place to Work
GEL (Guest Experince Lead) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
It is a great place to work, great employees and the company it self stands for great values, however pay is very low. Over the years I found that great, hard working employees get more work but the pay is not to par
very happy environment
Mutual Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  downtown Toronto26 July 2018
productive work place in my opinion would be peaceful , respectful and quite environment. Place that make all the employee concentrate and no interruption.
Pros
close to food court and recreational center
Cons
far from public transportation
Diversity
Project Management, Compliance, Administrative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2018
RBC has a great diversity and inclusion culture. Something to be proud of across the board. There are constant measures to make sure they are keeping up.
Mixed experience
QE Automation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
Mixed experience. Huge learning, long working hours, challenging projects, RBC is adapting automation and DevOps in many of LOBs which gives the opportunity to learn and benefit
Pros
Collaborative work culture
Cons
Long hours, agressive timelines
A great company to work for
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC24 July 2018
RBC is a great company to work for. They really have a caring outlook for their employees. Management is fabulous, always approachable and helpful and this attitude has taught me how to be a better team player . A typical day is hectic, but helping the clients is the highlight of my day.
Pros
clients, clients, clients