RBC Employee Reviews

Opportunities to learn and increase skillset
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
Lots of opportunity to learn and figure out solutions
Great training sponsored by RBC for employees
Hardest part of job is politics and punitive culture by some bad managers
I have never left any role because I didn't like the company - I left my manager - more management level training should be provided to people managers - RBC is a great place to learn and progress - skillsets you acquire will be best in class
Pros
fun activities
love it
Advice center specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
I absolutely love work at RBC such a amazing place and friendly professional environment to be in. Amazing opportunity for growth in the company and on going training .To work for such a place like RBC where you start career from get-go and everyone is there to help you achieve the highest of your potential .
Great environment and learning opportunities
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  155 Wellington Street16 April 2018
Had a great team, very supportive members, there is a common understanding that we are working towards same goals. Would definitely want to work at this bank again.
At par
BILINGUAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT LEVEL 2, INTAKE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2018
At par with like businesses but ahead in initiatives. The staff is agreeable. More attention should be paid to transparency as regards management. They are typically on trend as regards to social initiatives and different types of staffing.
Overall a great place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
- Involved in decision making at senior level
- Responsible for writing business cases for senior executives to recommend cost saving opportunities
- Solid team work approach to achieving important project milestones
- Fantastic executive management team in place until 2014 when the work environment became quite toxic and employee morale was very negative
good
Senior BizTalk Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2018
great place to work. The Royal Bank of Canada is one of the leading Canadian Banks offering both business and personal financial products and advice....
Excellent Work and Life Balance
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Opportunity to work and take care of the family at the same time without sacrificing either. Co-workers are always willing to help and make a new employee succeed.
Senior Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Again, any opinion I have for this company is no longer relevant again given the fact that I worked for them a long time ago, I was a commission based salesperson
l'aspect le plus agréable de mon poste
Directeur de comptes aux particuliers (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC10 April 2018
Aider les clients à travers les différentes étapes de leurs vies (mariage, naissance, perte d'emploi, achat de maison, etc.). Tout ceci a contribué à agrandir mes connaissances et mon sens de l'empathie.
Summary
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
Great place to work. Don't stay in the branch too long. Deal with clients on a daily basis. Complete applications for loans and do investment reviews on accounts.
Best place to work for
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
This is the best place I have worked in my career. Work life balance, diversity and respect for each other is at peak. Excellent IT maturity and process structured.
excellent
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 April 2018
excellent culture, very community oriented workplace, fair salaries, benefits, share programs.diverse and comfortable work environment. fair hiring processes
In it for themselves
Business Banking and Business Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
In all my years with the Bank I never felt like I was part of a team. Everyone was in it for themselves and it was the "old boys club" at the time. Unfortunately, although I made many friends there, in the end management were very thoughtless when it came to their long tenured employees.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Good
Customer Service Rep (part time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 April 2018
· Provided customer service and handled inquiries
· Handled cash and provided receipts
· Processed customer orders and ensure they received quality service
Best workplace in my career
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
Simply the best place I have worked at. Very good work life balance. People get treated with respect. Management has great leadership qualities. Very matured and process oriented system in place. Ample opportunities of growth. Would love to retire from here if I get a chance.
Overall positive experience
Financial Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
Very positive. Great corporate culture. Learned a great deal about the finance sector. Suggestions and ideas were always welcomed and encouraged. Good management and benefits.
Good start in financial field
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON3 April 2018
RBC has been a good start for anyone looking to get in financial services. However, depending on management and the employees, those who are tenured can get away with just about anything. They focus too much on numbers instead of real issues. Little room for advancement.
fun with accuracy
Account Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
it was really good experience to work with RBC since its a great working environment and I learned a lot of different products. It was a head office that i used to work for, in the mortgage department. it was a great learning experience.
Highly professional, outstanding coworkers, strong senior management
Governance Lead & Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
As stated in the review summary, the organization is strongly focused, resilient, stable and makes meaningful investments in staff, tools and systems. Every organization has issues, especially those as large as RBC. That being said, I can say, as a senior professional, my time at RBC was the single most rewarding and meaningful role based in large part on my director. His leadership and guidance made the trip worthwhile.
Pros
very strong culture with meaningful focus on skills and abilities
Cons
Overall good place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
Overall good place to work. Large organization so there are many opportunities within the organization. Work life balance and positive company culture are encouraged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.