RBC
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

RBC Employee Reviews

Found 3,250 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,202 reviews

Friendly co-workers

Great company to work for great culture ,people are friendly and cooperative management also.The training materials is very good .Great experience so far.

Pros

Great corporate culture

Cons

Long hours for the training

The compliance that RBC follows is second to none which keeps it on top always. Even though it is sometimes bothering, its good to recognize that in the best interest of clients and employees, this is needed. There are so many different teams you could work on and depending on the co-workers you get, you will either love it or hate it. The culture is good, lively and always keep us on our feet. There is so much in rewards, growth and opportunity at RBC. You will have plenty of stage room to practice skills and develop as a better person, co-worker and be more competitive (in a good way) but it all depends on your attitude.

Pros

Work-life balance, training, benefits, vacation, management

Cons

Stressful in some roles, takes time to move up the ladder

Okay

A lot of work for little very little pay. One was constantly pushed to sell life insurance. Coworkers were friendly and some managers were nice. An ok job.

Antiquated job refiww

RBC lacks the modern technology infrastructure that is needed to optimal tech solutions. That being said, the staff are friendly and management is not unreasonable.

Great collaborative culture, less focus on internal advancement

Being one of the older banks has its perks and flaws. Systems need work for a cohesive client experience however high focus on customer service. Emphasis is placed on matching client to product which speaks well of the culture. Pretty difficult to advance from branch level to operational/non-client facing roles.

Pros

Total Benefits package, Collaborative team

Cons

Base Salary is not competitive or geared towards single living, job progression

Great place to begin your banking career

RBC is a lovely place to start out. The team and management are invested in your success. The only con is the fast pace, back to back phone calls without much breather in between calls. The pay is average but I enjoy the work and my manager makes it easier with her constant support, trainings and encouragement.

Pros

Great team and manager

Cons

No space between calls, average pay

Parfait

Environnement calme et tres comprehensive Le personnel est accueillant et courtois Pas de pression sur les employés

Entry level positions are easy to get into but growth is slow

You'll be told you can grow into roles of your choice as time and skills come but the growth takes much longer and you're stuck in your entry level for a much longer time

Pros

Full time hours

Cons

Unclear growth path

Enjoyable, people are truly enjoyable to work with.

.I have been with Rbc for over 40 years and have enjoyed it immensely. Work and family is one benefit they truly believe in. Management is very respectful and treat you fairly.

Pros

Competitive wages, advancement and benefits.

Cons

Sometimes too fast paced.

Good company to work for.

Lots of room to grow if you’re interested in the financial world. Worked in the shared resources department as a CSR. I had to cover different branches close to the downtown area. It was difficult to feel like you belong to a team.

Pros

Training, Health benefits, Perk

Cons

Work schedule

Right Place, Wrong Time

As someone with no previous banking experience, I felt as though my training was cut short due to short staffing. As a result, I felt very stressed out and overall embarrassed to be serving clients with little to no knowledge or support from management/team members.At times, I would be alone on the counter serving clients. Not anyone's fault in particular, just unfortunate for my personal experience. It quickly became a job I was super excited for, to a job I had anxiety going to every day.

Pros

Great company culture, Benefits, Co-workers were very friendly

Cons

Staffing

Productive and fun!

Great company to work for ; I thought the grass would be greener after I had left , however I realize more now than ever that RBC is a great corporation to work for - the quality of training, employee morale - pay benefits and opportunities to grow is great.

Pros

Training, staff and the job itself

Cons

Can be long hours depending on the day

Terrible work environment, too demanding and belittling

Manager insists work is 24 7. Micro Managers with ridiculous demands on personal time. Refuse to give time to look after family needs including urgent medical needs. Toxic culture.

Cons

Required to work long hours unpaid

Micro managing

The system is broken. no carrier path at all. Mnager treat you as robat not human. Very demanding with out any suppor at alll. Micro managening culture.Rbc is not good at all for fronline worker

Horrible employer

Horrible place to work, regional manager is only concerned about how much money you’re making him. Very poor on site training, process that make no sense. It’s all about selling to customers, nothing to do with client needs.

Cons

Don't go here with company name its worst

Worst ever company that I have ever seen in my life. Never recommend someone even if they are not happy working somewhere else It is better to stay away from here. Once they hire you they give you assignments for 3 months in the name of training, Lack of job description when they advertise Banking Advisor the job role could be something else like sales and service representative. They rely on compliances and do not care about employees or their clients. They put high pressure on you for sales and make you cry in coaching sessions that they conduct 3 times a week. Unnecessary coaching and they never care about how well your call was or how impressed your client was. if you join this company be ready to regret every day why you ever applied. This job is an overall joke and it affects your mental health. Please see all the reviews before you apply you will find it helpful.

Pros

Cons

I would never recommend to work there

Not worth the benefits

First off, I came into this job expecting to work at a branch, but their ad was just vague enough that they put me at a call centre job. They lie to you when they say that they aren't just about numbers, and I missed out of two weeks of training because of their tech issues and they put me out there despite that. Your mileage seriously varies with who your manager is. Some are ruthless while others can be more understanding.You get 5 seconds between each phone call. I had previous banking experience in the states and that only equated to me getting around $17.70 an hour. Every single person I was hired in with (around 20 people) have quit or are going to be quitting soon. They say they care about mental health, but the amount of responsibilities and expectations they have on you is insane. And if they put you on a "flex" schedule then you can say good bye to any consistency in your life. Everything you do is monitored down to the second.The only good things I would say is that their benefit plans are decent, but, it's just a shame that I HAVE to use the mental health benefits because of all of the stress this job gives. Look elsewhere.

Pros

Decent benefits, including mental health coverage, remote work, salary

Cons

Inconsistent hours, very high sale goals, stifling surveillance, lackluster pay

Fun and productive

Multi culture environment u will get to kmow different nationalities, fun not only that everyday u get to learn new things u will face different kinda of characters from the clients but thats ok that is part of the job just a matter how you handle the situations, just have to make sure that client came in angry, she or he shld go out happy and contented with the services i have provided

Excellent place to work would refer anybody to work their

I rather enjoyed working at RBC. They gave opportunity for bonuses. There was room for advancement. There was room for increase in wages. It matched my career agenda. The co workers were friendly. The patron that enter the bank were friendly and properly behaved.i just loved that I got a career in my field as it hard to find financial employment in grande prairie. I would encourage anybody to work there.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Learning difficulties

Great company to work for

good work life balance. Little to no take-home work.Job is pretty secure. The work environment is nice since everyone gives help to one another. management cares about how your learning can contribute to the company and provides support in that trajectory. If you are an individual who is a competitor and loves to stand out, the company will recognize you and give you more initiative where you can grow.

Pros

quarterly free lunches, work life balance, employee wellness program

Cons

modest perks

Worst company

RBC is hands down the worst company to work for. They accuse employees of things to save themselves and will do everything in their power to ruin someone’s life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K