RBC Employee Reviews

Horrible Managment
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On18 November 2017
Manager incredibly disrespectful. Didn't care about employees or clients - only cared about sales. Would never recommend anyone to work in the branch. I believe RBC is a great company, but I would only pursue an operations role.
Cons
Horrible Management
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
I was able to work independently most of the time and did well. However there were times when staff came together and worked as a team on various projects to help efficientlyand professionally handle clientel.
Pros
Very seldom overtime required
Cons
Early morning meetings (with set up prep)
Good
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC16 November 2017
Good place to work, great training, great up to date systems, great benefits, negotiable wages and options for promotions. You do have certain sales goals so you need to be motivated and driven but all in all a great bank to work for.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 November 2017
Great work place to work in. Had alot of fun working there. Co-workers were great. Learnt alot from working here. Learnt how to type fast from this position.
good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  downtown15 November 2017
but position has been terminated that is why I am looking for a different opportunity. hopefully to qualify for this position. and I am confident that I can do this job.
Pros
good place to work and good hours
Cons
is just so bad that my position is terminated
Learning opportunities
Risk Chief Data Office (CDO) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
Open and relaxed atmosphere and culture.
New technologies and opportunity to learn new skills and knowledge.
Flexible working hours.
Opportunities within the organization to move up and across.
Learned about Risk data and reporting.
Why is Indeed making me do this?
Client Advisor (Former Employee) –  Nowheresville13 November 2017
I'm not rating where I worked, it seems ridiculous. I'm glad it's anonymous but I really don't want to rate where I worked. It doesn't seem right because people are biased.
Good place to work, Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2017
Customer service is the number one requirement when working at RBC. They have a very good training program and prepares you very well for whatever role you receive.
Professional and friendly Environment
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2017
A good company to start your career, lot of focus on learning and developing. Gives you lot of opportunities to grow. The work culture is amazing and friendly.
Advice Centre Employee
Banking Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2017
There are a lot of upsides to working in the advice centre.

- 9 weeks of paid training, the most call handling training you will get in any job where you are on the phone.
- weekly meeting with your manager to discuss your progress and areas that need improvement. It gives you the opportunity to change poor habits before they become a serious issue.
- high focus on career development, you get many opportunities to scope out other positions in the company for your next career move, management gives good feedback on how to work towards your goals.
- you have access to your own stats at any time so you can monitor your own progress. Some results appear daily and some on a weekly basis, but most workplaces don't give you access to your own stats.

Minor downsides

- There is a heavy focus on networking events which can be a bit stressful at times.
- There is a bit of an in crowd mentality for certain employee committees which makes joining feel a bit inaccessible to people who are less socially outgoing.
- some team activities could be voluntary. People do better at planning team events if they actually want to be doing those things.

Overall though, it is a pretty great place to work. Expectations are mostly reasonable and most people are pretty fun to work with. It is not an easy job though, if you are looking for a job where you can slack off this isn't it.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, career development
Cons
None really

Want to know more about RBC?

Ask a question
Great team mates
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2017
I enjoyed working here . The people were friendly and hard working and had a wealth of knowledge. The culture was collegial and supportive and inclusive.
Professional and busy workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  148 Fullerton Street, Suite 2000, London, ON9 November 2017
RBC is an international company and an excellent work place! Good pension and benefit programs. Salary varies depending on position and advancement opportunities prevail.
Pros
Professional and busy workplace
Cons
N/a
Change Management
Senior Manager, APFA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
RBC drives a culture of constant change. That is interesting and challenging, however it also increases stress on people due to job security. Management supports change and constant improvement and encourages out of the box thinking.
Revolving door
Actuarial Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2017
Keep hiring younger people who leave after 2 years. Necessary to retrain constantly. No stability in the group. Should look into promoting and rewarding people who stay longer than 2 years not newbies.
Great Start to my Career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 November 2017
RBC was my first real job. It gave me a great platform to start off my career. I met a lot of great people working there and learned a lot about customer service.
A big and rich bank that is trying to become slim and agile
Solutions Architect (Contract Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
A big and rich bank with a complex organization structure. You could be working a slow pace environment or in a very fast (stressful) pace environment. Your executives could be ok or they only care for themselves. Just a typical financial institution. It always tries to be more agile but it is always a battle and re-organization
Pros
It is big
Cons
It is too big and constant re-organization
Spent many wonderful years there .
Service Representative, Cash Operations (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2017
Worked for RBC for many years, making several life long friends and learning so much from my managers.

Unfortunately, due to changing technology, my position was downsized.

It was a great work experience.
Productive and good workplace culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2017
Company pays a lot of effort to fulfill the Client's needs. RBC provides multicultural work environment and arrange events for employees which motivate the employee stability with the organization.
Call centre - terrible work hours
Loans Officer / Credit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2017
RBC as a whole is an excellent company to work for. Management shows appreciation to employees on a daily basis. However, the Call centre environment was miserable
Network administration
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC5 November 2017
I would be the only person supporting the buidling that I would be in for Novell, OS/2 Windows. Did multiple migrations during this period of time. I also was asked to go and assist in field when server would not come back up to recover them. Also was involved in migration to a different company and assisted in that migration as well as training
Pros
good challenged
Cons
no appreciations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.