RBC Employee Reviews

n/a
Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2018
it was great at first but then the job got to me, i decided it was not for me so i decided to leave. Being stuck in a call centre was not something i wanted to do forever
Excellent Place to Work
Infrastructure & Automation Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2018
Constantly challenging and excellent corporate culture for growth. Senior Management is engaging and always willing to assist in building skills and management.
Difficult place to work. Not very accomodating.
INVESTIGATOR / MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2018
They do not treat mental illness professionally. Force employees to come back while they're still I'll. Threatening to cut our pay. RBC needs to hire someone other than Manulife or they will be getting a lot of law suits.
Pros
Free lunches, reasonable pay.
Cons
Long hours, unpaid.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sr. Technical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2018
Overall Friendly atmosphere, big bank, positive work experience.
Very generous benefits package and employee discounts. Great overall support and tools constantly upgraded to help achieve personal and company goals.
Depends on department - stay banking
Insurance - Mgr/Director (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2018
Job culture is sell sell sell. Management takes big cuts and worker bees not so much. Good thing is many departments - stay banking side.
There are many chiefs and an overrated good boy/girl club.
Pros
Stay Banking
Cons
Stay away from insurance
Excellent working environment with fully support and great leadership.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
- Meeting with clients and help them achieve their financial goals by utilizing different tools to recommend tailor-made financial advice.
- Good company culture and training support to strengthen employee's interpersonal skills and professional knowledge.
- Excellent team leadership where employee can rely on and gain strong support.
One of the best companies to work for
Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
I have worked at RBC for over 11 years and the diverse workforce, inclusiveness and culture is what makes them stand out as a top employer. If it was not for the fact that I am pursuing my own business ventures I would consider staying until retirement. However I want to make a change in my career path therefore I am considering leaving RBC to pursue other opportunities.
assistance first response coordinator
assistance first response coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 June 2018
- Unattainable performance targets
- Demanding department regulations
- Micromanagement
- Poor leadership
- Harsh environment
- No focus on employee welfare
Pros
Minimal company perks
Cons
Read main body:
Great company with respectful managemnet
Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
A great company with a lot of opportunities available. Management is very open to opinion and the company is great in taking suggestions to improve the operations.
Great experince to have
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
I enjoyed working at RBC, worked with a lot of nice people. The I.T. projects that I've worked on over the years were great, lots of stress, lol of course. However at the end it was well worth it because your able to gain that experience and come out successful.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgetown, BB12 June 2018
I owe my high standard of customer service, strong sales initiative and great banking training to RBC Royal Bank. A typical day would have involved meeting with potential clients for bank loans, mortgages, car loans and other banking products and services including opening accounts and offering financial advice. The workplace culture was strong as teamwork was very important. The hardest part of the job would have been the long hours, but the hours were worth it as it ensured that clients' applications had a short turnaround time.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
This is the best place to be a "lifer"
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 June 2018
When I started with RBC in 2001, I thought I would there for a year. However, there is so much opportunity within RBC, that there was no need to look anywhere else for my career advancement. In my 17 years with RBC Insurance, I have had dozen of different roles, all of which have allowed me to increase my skill set and build business relationships.
Well defined corporate culture with excellent training and advancement opportunities
Manager Client Care (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON10 June 2018
Typical of the financial services industry with increased sales expectations which were not always reasonable or achievable. Business plans did not fairly address individual markets often making it difficult to achieve and support plans. Very stressful environment.
Pros
Security
Cons
unresasonable sales expectations
Diverse Company
Senior Production Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
Large Financial Inst., diverse work force, good working conditions, dealing with a wide range of clients. Working environments are good.
Hardest part of the job was balancing work and family due to ext hours of work.
An organization that supports your success
Life and Living Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 June 2018
They care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success.
Opportunity to represent Canada’s leading financial services brand in your communit
Excellent
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 June 2018
This volunteer provided me with awareness of the mental health issues in children in Canada. I also learnt that there is more we can do as citizens by donating more money to foundations such as RBC.
fun work place
Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2018
fun workplace, very cultural, hard working and exciting, would recommend any one to try it out, managers are caring and easy to work with. overall great
Contract employee
Technical Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 June 2018
I was a contracted employee with no real opportunity to for permanent employment. Lots of drama on the team I was on, my sueprvisor was good, however upper management wasn't that great.
Very nice workplace
Account Service Agent/Scanning Clerk/Mailing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
Working at RBC was a wonderful experience where I was part of a fantastic team and where I learned a lot of new and different things. It help me enhance my already good skill set and I learned so many nice things about the different processes involved with my work.
Manager, Analytics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2018
Great place to work with a positive corporate culture. I built a long and rewarding career with plenty of room for advancement as well as personal and professional growth opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K