RBC Employee Reviews

Found 3,178 reviews matching the search
Great place to work. The management is great, the work-life balance is great. Coworkers a re excellent and supportive. And the remuneration is quite good.
Ive only been with the company for a few months but I already love working for RBC. From training to transition to being on your own, everyone will make you feel valued. Benefits are great and there’s a lot to learn everyday here. If you are geared for success this is the right place to work at. The company’s vision is aligned with my own principles. I love working here! A huge plus is that I work from home!
There was a lack of professionalism, the place was untidy and dirty! Was not what I would have expected from this bank! If I was to rate the bank in comparison to the other banks in town, I would put this one at the bottom.
Pros
Assistant Manager was very good
Cons
Poor pay
Always something new to look forward to every day. Great people, highly competent, reliable, collaborative. Great benefits and management considers your work situation.
Overall positive experience. The management is caring and supportive. But the work can be challenging sometimes, it requires some degree of working independently.
Pros
Culture, work environment
Cons
coop salary is low
I was a contract employee in IT Development. The manager had no clue as to what my skill-set is and kept assigning tasks that a different team is responsible for, only because he was in a spitting match with the other team's manager. All contract employees are assigned enormous workloads that leaves work-life balance in shreds. Not a good place to work as a contract employee.
Pros
Cons
High workloads, high stress
The company atmosphere was great. The team was great. But it is a call centre and those kind of jobs are not for everyone. But I felt no pressures to make sales or any pressure to advance quickly. The company works with their employees to make their expirience an excellent one. Had it not been a call centre I would have stayed longer.
Pros
Benefits and atmosphere
Cons
Cannot have a decent schedule. 24 hour operation
This company is sales oriented even if you are just a teller. You are moved up if you know the right people only, not by your work ethic. I was in four different positions at the bank over eight years and knew a lot. I was let go because I wouldn't sell products to business people who only did the bank deposits and banked elsewhere. My skills were not put to use in any other department. Managers were bullying me to sell more but my philosophy and the bank's philosophy were not the same at the end of eight years of service. Only work at a bank if you love to sell. This bank is not customer service driven!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much selling and pressure to do so. Not customer service oriented;
RBC is a best company to work for. I would say is one of the Respectful work place environment I have ever seen. Benefit are great. Very busy work place.
Focus is on the money you can make for RBC and targets, not on the customer. I had to jump ship after 15 years because it was sucking the life out of me.
Manager is really hard to work for. Would not recommend working there. It is not worth the stress and bullying. When you reach out for help from HR or people above your manager you get no where.
Plus grosse perte de temps ! Aucune évolution malgré que l’on veut aller plus haut et malgré les diplômes de plus le salaire ne va pas du tout avec la charge d’emploi!
One of the best organizations to work for. Competitive salary with amazing opportunities. If you are interested in working abroad, this organization is for you.
Great!,great leadership and thYes invest in their employees.The culture is good and diverse.Focuses on diversity and inclusion.Highly recommended place.
1. Experience in RBC had been a dissapointment given the reputation in the market2. The interview process was not fair, wouldnt get interview without reference 3. Poor diversity with ~80% of same ethnicity in the team cultivating a 'not so Canadian culture'4. 0 tolerance for diversity of thought, ideas or expression5. Experienced passive aggression, bullying until I quit
Pros
brand name on cv
Cons
long hours, low quality management, no diversity, set up employees they dont like for failure
Quick to discipline those who aren't in the clique. Favouritism and neptitism runs rampant. Area manager has family members / kids working at branches with no experience or skillsets. They will turn on you quickly, and they will disrespect the trust you 'seemed' to have built with them. This might be a good short term gig, but long term... Keep eyes open for other opportunities. Federal labour board was notified of workplace violations and infractions. The executive CEO and VP allow this behaviour and mismanagement, what more could you expect?
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not trustworthy, neptitism, backstabbing, blind siding
The field sales role has a very low base salary. On paper you can make unlimited commissions, but you need to make $4500 minimum in sales every single month to get any substantial commissions. If you miss the target by even a few dollars, the commission goes down to peanuts. Also, RBC does not provide any leads or helps with the prospecting. You have to find your own leads and do your own prospecting. And there is constant pressure to make sales and book meetings. We are told constantly that this is not a 9-5 job and that we need to work hard to build "our" business. That means working evenings and weekends. Just not worth the peanuts you get for salary.
Pros
brand name
Cons
low salary, too much pressure, difficult to earn commissions, no help from RBC in building pipeline
I worked in back office operations. Day-to-day tasks and procedures are straight forward but could be complex at first. Having a good trainer (which you won't always get) and taking good notes go a long way. There aren't many variety in cases, so one could avoid critial thinking once you get into the flow of the step-by-step process.Depending on the branch and department, most people have been working there for decades and are happy with the status quo. Working hard, improving, and NOT slacking off could be met with passive-aggressive backlash from some co-workers. People gossip when they're bored: this is true for all social circles. That said, there are people who genuinely care, hold on to them.Company lunches and fancy outtings are fairly common, allows you to socialize with different members of the branch, and are generally, pretty fun! Friendly decoration/baking/fundraiser competitions are also common during charity events and holiday seasons.Base pay is low. Bonuses (and maybe raises) given out at the end of the year.Overall: Not bad, typicall white-collar office job.
Pros
Free Lunches, Fancy Outings, Competent Management
Cons
Low Pay, Office Gossip, Little Advancement.
I’ve loved working for RBC. We do so much more than just banking. We help customers make their dreams come true, grow them selves and their families. We encourage young people to follow their dreams. And lost importantly I me at RBC but I’m a part of a team.
One of the best places to work. A larger team was divided into smaller teams both in an advice centre and branch environment and the fast paced environment was made fun by the managers by engaging with their teams in a positive manner.
An excellent place to work, even given the current drive to rid of long term employees. Massive corporation so somewhere in the company are roles for anyone.
  1. Employee reviews