Raytheon

Raytheon Employee Reviews

If you enjoy working with your hands this is a great place to work. I've learned a lot there and enjoy the people I work with. I like the pace it definitely makes the day go faster if your on the right job.
Pros
Good benefits paid vacation and sick time
Cons
stress and overtime
Muti-Task - working for 20 Engineers on a $700 M Radar Program Attended Meetings w/ Customers; Took Action Items - followed up for timely completion. Made travel arrangements world wide Organized dinners, receptions for Comany and also various Customers from Europe. Very challenging and rewarding experience working at Raytheon.
Raytheon is a company that really does make it's employees feel like family. The benefits and salary were very highly competitive. The hardest part of the job I would have to say were the long hours and month end. It was not uncommon to work 14 -16 hour days during that time.
great co-workers, interesting work. management was easy to get along with. Loved the job
Pros
easy going environment, learnt a lot about optics
Cons
shortage of work
The workplace has a good atmosphere and fun people. The job can be repetitive and not much changes. There is not much room for advancement and the company is top heavy on Management.
Pros
fantastic home/workplace balance
Cons
risk adverse, and stuck in their own paradigm of thinking, Technical staff is typically paid less than administrative
Everyday was different, multitasking, management very supportive, people were fantastic
Pros
The people, internal training, promoting from within
Cons
frequent lay offs
Design of complex radar systems Friendly and knowledgeable design team
Through Raytheon I added many skills to my resume, here are a few: ITAR & Dangerous Goods Training, EVM Certification, PMP level I, Cost Analysis Training, Foreign Corrupt Practices Training, IT Security Training. Plus I hold a Govn't Secret Level II Clearance.
Working as a Quality Engineer at Raytheon I conducted frequent audits of the Quality Management System determined areas for improvement and corrective action, I collected failure data analysed it for defect trends and when a trend was detected. I developed and executed a plan for containment, isolation, and resolution of the defect.
Gained great experience in a number of different areas, such as configuration control, material control and builds and administration.
Pros
Flexible hours
Look for work to be completed and assist as necessary. The program that I was originally hired for was delayed in its approval for design execution. Learned more about RADAR signal processing.
Pros
Good peer team
Cons
Unclear product roadmap
The work environment was relaxed and the people where great to work with, I learned a lot and picked up a few good experiences while I worked there.
Professional work environment with a lot of chances to grow. Everyone is high in skills set and ethics. I worked there as if I owned the company. Still miss working with Raytheon.
Cons
work is based on projects
If you like working with brilliant minds, this is the place for you. Each day provides engaging conversation and one is always learning and stretching their capabilities.They are far, far too process driven and can't think beyond the process.
I was enjoy to jump on the next level.I had great review. I wish the company would be ok in futuer
Pros
flexible hours
I was basically left on my own to build cables to drawing specifications
Pros
nobody looking over shoulder all the time
Cons
pay rate
Ongoing layoffs and declining in size for quite a few years. A lot of deadwood here, as well as incompetent management. Morale and motivation levels are very low.
Pros
location
Cons
poor management, lack of new products, constant layoffs.
Raytheon has very good salaries and excellent benefits. Good knowledgeable employees, Positive working environment
Management was a little too old school - Machiavellian.People were terrific to work with... very professional (when needed to be!)Learned vast amounts about government defence contracts.
Pros
incredibly interesting products manufactured. high tech machning.
Cons
really.
Overall a good company but could not always do what was required without approval from head office in the USA resulting in loss business.
Pros
good people. good perks
Cons
was cost competitive
As the Logistics Specialist I was responsible for supporting the Engineering Management with engineering resource planning, financial and metric analysis required for the quantitative operation of the engineering department.As the Executive Administrative Assistant I supported the General Manager with various high level administrative duties including: meeting planning and minutes, travel arrangements, expense reporting, schedule management, and preparation of internal and external communications and reports.
Pros
great work/life balance, wellness program and culture
Cons
job security
  1. Employee reviews