Raytheon

Raytheon Employee Reviews

If you enjoy working with your hands this is a great place to work. I've learned a lot there and enjoy the people I work with. I like the pace it definitely makes the day go faster if your on the right job.
Pros
Good benefits paid vacation and sick time
Cons
stress and overtime
Most relaxed atmosphere I've ever worked Constantly learning and growing Management is very aware of their empoyee and preformances Hardest part about the job was leaving people are awesome
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
availabilty
New foreign management has left a once thriving Canadian grown European founded company a far cry from its heritage and former business practices. Staff never feel confident that their day to day activities and job positions will be secure for very long. Common positive perspectives of the general company environment are a common misconception when compared to its reality.
Pros
group health benefits
Cons
Human resource department is very unfeeling and unyielding
Work was difficult but I love a challenge and my peers shared the same mindset. Management was very hands-off and allowed us to attempt bug fixes in newer ways and maintain our own code repositories.
Pros
Fun Work
Cons
Contract Work
Overall, the work environment was very positive. Work life balance was great and provided learning opportunities. At the company I experienced 3 different type of jobs which was important to my development.
An excellent company to work for. Great benefits and compensation packages for employees. Employees have been there for 25,30, 40 years. Location is well maintained and uses state of the art technology.
This is for NWS Raytheon North Bay. This is self-serving company where only family and friends are employed. There is total disregard for fairness and integrity,transparency in hiring practices.
Pros
Excellent working environment.Friendly technical staff.
Cons
Company hides behind its employment in order to get around discrimination.
I enjoyed the ability to travel to both remote areas for work and to school for training. I also got to meet and work with amazing worldy employees .
I was at the company for more than 15 years. The first 10 years were good to great. The last 5 years were terrible as the company lost market share in the commercial aviation radar sector. As a result of constant layoffs and unreasonable workloads, the work environment became stressful and difficult.
Pros
Great pay and benifits.
Cons
Toxic work environment. Company on decline to closure.
This company is looking for HEO from all over canada and not offering relocation. And they clearly dont even know what HEO do because their job description is for semi truck and trailer drivers.
Pros
Cons
No relocation and low pay
Vertically Integrated optic assembly facility, with a full machine shop, coating chambers, glass polishing and assembly departments located in the cottage capital of Simcoe county.
Contract work makes the job not worth pursuing. Lots of old timers there that control the way the shifts are made up. No day shift for contract workers unless in training. They favor people hired through family and will place then in a better area with better shift coverage. Don't waste your time until they decide to fully invest in yours.
Pros
Cons
no job security, lower wage for contract workers, care only about perm full timers
Raytheon provides a safe, professional work environment. Great people, good benefits and good pay. I would consider this to be secure employment with a long future of opportunities.
Pros
Safe, positive, professional environment
Cons
shift work, some positions are only part time
Raytheon Canada was a great company to work for. I learned a lot in the 20 years I was there and was able to advance my career. They have a great online education system to help create new skills.
Pros
good work enviroment
Performed quality audits on airport surveillance radar equipment at all levels of assembly. Checked solder joints and hardware connections. Interesting work for someone who embraces electronics. Was hired through an agency for 6mos contract. When contract expired was not contacted by HR regarding my status. My manager told me just to keep coming in until advised otherwise. Worked for a full year and did not receive any job offer for permanent employment. Moved on to better wage and job with benefits.
Pros
Inmteresting work
Cons
Uncertainty in employment status
very good place to work for . nice people ,very frendly .good environment, good money good trainings , good benefits in general a good work place .
This was a great job. I loved learning new and interesting things. the engineers I worked with were exceptional and I learnt something new each day for 5 years. We had company toonie and loonie draws for employees who wanted to participate each Friday. Elegant Christmas parties for employees. Good benefits and company profit sharing.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
eventually had a lay off
A great environment to work in with some highly knowledgeable people, very competitive salary and conditions. Management were always approachable and willing to help with any/all issues.
Pros
great conditions, great people.
Cons
frequent quiet periods
AvWorks is a good place to work, however there is too much internal politics and red tape. the salary is not the best for the job and they will always try to give you more responsibility for no extra pay.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not great salary's or advancement options
great DBA team and busy environment with excellent management policies. Always new projects and challenging issues on a daily basis which presents a best learning curve and great environment for growth...
Pros
cross taining
Cons
located in a small town
The moment I stepped in the front door of the building, I was greeted in a very polite manner. Through my co-op work term, I became acquainted with nearly everyone in the IT department, and I even made connections with the General Manager of the building. Overall, it's a very welcoming atmosphere where you're rewarded for the work you put in.
  1. Employee reviews