Raytheon logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,987 reviews

If you enjoy working with your hands this is a great place to work. I've learned a lot there and enjoy the people I work with. I like the pace it definitely makes the day go faster if your on the right job.

Pros

Good benefits paid vacation and sick time

Cons

stress and overtime

Great connections!

Because of the isolated locations, being placed with the crew I was, I really lucked out. There was some exceptional members that made my 11 weeks in the Arctic a great experience.

Pros

experience the Arctic and some of the northern culture.

Cons

isolated and away from home for long stretches.

Forward thinking organization

Raytheon has high security protocol within the building and in document security. Management is team focused and works well in the environment. There are continuing activities to promote team work.

Good money

I wouldn't recommend it. Not progressive. Elitist culture. No room for advancement. Town is not very welcoming to strangers not a lot to do in the community unless you're retired or like to drink.

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything other than money

good

It was good very clean fun some times mostly friendly people. I like to learn new things about what the product I'm working on. I enjoyed some of my supervise person

Pros

extra breaks

Cons

repetitve

North Warning System - good people with a tough job

I have been here for a few years now and have seen some changes in management - some of those who left were good people, but the changes have all been for the better. Bumpy roads are finally starting to smoothen. Still room for improvement, but this is not the workplace that it was a few years ago. I'm not sure where complaints of nepotism come from. Wages are OK, with most of the staff being unionized, having wages that were built upon from previous collective agreements, under the previous employer. Before Raytheon got this contract, the previous employer could let people work as much as they wanted, because it could just be billed to the client. That is probably one reason why that employer doesn't have the contract any more. All of this is to say that overtime opportunities still exist for those who want to work it, but not to the same extent as years ago. That has been really hard for some people to adjust to - understandably. First and foremost, the people on the program really care about their work, for the most part. Pride in what you do can be contagious ... and it can also make some people fell less comfortable, if you that isn't what you are like.

Pros

good people, challenging work

Cons

challenging work, wages are just OK

A solid company

Overall, the work environment was very positive. Work life balance was great and provided learning opportunities. At the company I experienced 3 different type of jobs which was important to my development.

Wonderful place to work

An excellent company to work for. Great benefits and compensation packages for employees. Employees have been there for 25,30, 40 years. Location is well maintained and uses state of the art technology.

Really?

This company is looking for HEO from all over canada and not offering relocation. And they clearly dont even know what HEO do because their job description is for semi truck and trailer drivers.

Pros

Cons

No relocation and low pay

Excellent place to work

Raytheon provides a safe, professional work environment. Great people, good benefits and good pay. I would consider this to be secure employment with a long future of opportunities.

Pros

Safe, positive, professional environment

Cons

shift work, some positions are only part time

Jobs at Raytheon

See more jobs

Good company to work for

Raytheon Canada was a great company to work for. I learned a lot in the 20 years I was there and was able to advance my career. They have a great online education system to help create new skills.

Pros

good work enviroment

The company did treat their employees like family

Raytheon is a company that really does make it's employees feel like family. The benefits and salary were very highly competitive. The hardest part of the job I would have to say were the long hours and month end. It was not uncommon to work 14 -16 hour days during that time.

Benefits and work environment are good, little chance for advancement

The workplace has a good atmosphere and fun people. The job can be repetitive and not much changes. There is not much room for advancement and the company is top heavy on Management.

Pros

fantastic home/workplace balance

Cons

risk adverse, and stuck in their own paradigm of thinking, Technical staff is typically paid less than administrative

A best company to work.

Professional work environment with a lot of chances to grow. Everyone is high in skills set and ethics. I worked there as if I owned the company. Still miss working with Raytheon.

Cons

work is based on projects

Clean and Flexible workplace

I was enjoy to jump on the next level.I had great review. I wish the company would be ok in futuer

Pros

flexible hours

Raytheon is an Employer of Choice

Raytheon has very good salaries and excellent benefits. Good knowledgeable employees, Positive working environment

Defence, surveillance, navigation systems, and Air Traffic Control radars supplier with 3ductive and fun workplace with table tennis table

As the Logistics Specialist I was responsible for supporting the Engineering Management with engineering resource planning, financial and metric analysis required for the quantitative operation of the engineering department.As the Executive Administrative Assistant I supported the General Manager with various high level administrative duties including: meeting planning and minutes, travel arrangements, expense reporting, schedule management, and preparation of internal and external communications and reports.

Pros

great work/life balance, wellness program and culture

Cons

job security

Productive, challenging, and rewarding workplace

Raytheon offers many opportunities and a challenging workplace. Very close and strong team work exists among engineering and technicians. Supportive management.

Pros

everything was good with this company.

Cons

nothing i can think of.

Offers a stressful and critical work environment

Not for all people, but if stress and plenty of work then this is the employer for you.