Raytheon logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,987 reviews

If you enjoy working with your hands this is a great place to work. I've learned a lot there and enjoy the people I work with. I like the pace it definitely makes the day go faster if your on the right job.

Pros

Good benefits paid vacation and sick time

Cons

stress and overtime

Excellent company to work for, they encourage learning new skills

Excellent working environment, sense of belonging, employees are encouraged to learn new jobs as well as submit new ideas which if used employee will be compensated financially, safe working conditions, excellent benefits such as profit sharing, medical and company will also pay for post secondary education if it is similar to current job status.

Pros

free coffee, free work clothing, 2 free safety boots per employee per year

Massive turnover in staff

there is known and accepted in-fighting among staff. This results in a high turnover in staff. The culture is made up of the same people making the same bad decisions expecting different results. Not all the staff are bad but a lot of false travel promises to lure talent.

Pros

good salary

Cons

working on projects that don't matter and won't go anywhere

Great place to grow

A great place to work. Opportunity for growth and advancement, and a management team and staff dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction. Benefits and flex hours are a great perk.

Management does not watch work flow on the floor

In my 12 years at Elcan, i have seen people get away with bullying, harassment and just having a bad attitude everyday. Even if an employee were to escalate their complaint to management or HR, it was always just swept under the rug. I worked hard for that company, and when i left after 12 years, my salary was entry level. the benefits are great! Management not so much. As well as the HR department, not one of them is approachable by any means. Because our dept filed a complaint against a member of management, one of the HR team members called us a bunch of complainers and our complaint never got resolved, or even looked into. Great job security. This job is cut out for a single individual with no kids or family, and can work unlimited overtime any time they ask. If you are flexible and have no life, Elcan is the job for you!

Best place I worked at since moving to Canada

Richmond (Canada) office was an exception and was not indicative of other sites. At the time I was there, working on the Canadian Automated Air Traffic Control System (CAATS), my colleagues were from all over the world and were super smart. Forced me to raise my game in order to progress my career. Challenging, and fun. Great management who had your back and supported you. Work culture was very team based and team work was the highest value. It was definitely all for one and one for all. Was devastated when Raytheon Corporate shut us down in 2006 and certainly had no respect for the US exec team in the way it was done. My ratings are for what was our local Canadian management. If I had to rate corporate then it would not look good.

Pros

Great people and local management

Cons

Corporate management

Professional work environment

New foreign management has left a once thriving Canadian grown European founded company a far cry from its heritage and former business practices. Staff never feel confident that their day to day activities and job positions will be secure for very long. Common positive perspectives of the general company environment are a common misconception when compared to its reality.

Pros

group health benefits

Cons

Human resource department is very unfeeling and unyielding

Wonderful place to work

An excellent company to work for. Great benefits and compensation packages for employees. Employees have been there for 25,30, 40 years. Location is well maintained and uses state of the art technology.

This is for Raythen Canada Waterloo

I was at the company for more than 15 years. The first 10 years were good to great. The last 5 years were terrible as the company lost market share in the commercial aviation radar sector. As a result of constant layoffs and unreasonable workloads, the work environment became stressful and difficult.

Pros

Great pay and benifits.

Cons

Toxic work environment. Company on decline to closure.

Excellent place to work

Raytheon provides a safe, professional work environment. Great people, good benefits and good pay. I would consider this to be secure employment with a long future of opportunities.

Pros

Safe, positive, professional environment

Cons

shift work, some positions are only part time

Jobs at Raytheon

See more jobs

Great place for full time hire

Performed quality audits on airport surveillance radar equipment at all levels of assembly. Checked solder joints and hardware connections. Interesting work for someone who embraces electronics. Was hired through an agency for 6mos contract. When contract expired was not contacted by HR regarding my status. My manager told me just to keep coming in until advised otherwise. Worked for a full year and did not receive any job offer for permanent employment. Moved on to better wage and job with benefits.

Pros

Inmteresting work

Cons

Uncertainty in employment status

nice place to work for

very good place to work for . nice people ,very frendly .good environment, good money good trainings , good benefits in general a good work place .

Great job. Educational and a lot of overtime around Christmas.

This was a great job. I loved learning new and interesting things. the engineers I worked with were exceptional and I learnt something new each day for 5 years. We had company toonie and loonie draws for employees who wanted to participate each Friday. Elegant Christmas parties for employees. Good benefits and company profit sharing.

Pros

cafeteria

Cons

eventually had a lay off

Helpful management and co workers

A great environment to work in with some highly knowledgeable people, very competitive salary and conditions. Management were always approachable and willing to help with any/all issues.

Pros

great conditions, great people.

Cons

frequent quiet periods

Review summary

AvWorks is a good place to work, however there is too much internal politics and red tape. the salary is not the best for the job and they will always try to give you more responsibility for no extra pay.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Not great salary's or advancement options

The company did treat their employees like family

Raytheon is a company that really does make it's employees feel like family. The benefits and salary were very highly competitive. The hardest part of the job I would have to say were the long hours and month end. It was not uncommon to work 14 -16 hour days during that time.

Raytheon is an Employer of Choice

Raytheon has very good salaries and excellent benefits. Good knowledgeable employees, Positive working environment

lots of opportunity to take course paid for by the company

Overall a good company but could not always do what was required without approval from head office in the USA resulting in loss business.

Pros

good people. good perks

Cons

was cost competitive