Raytheon

Raytheon Management reviews

In my 12 years at Elcan, i have seen people get away with bullying, harassment and just having a bad attitude everyday. Even if an employee were to escalate their complaint to management or HR, it was always just swept under the rug. I worked hard for that company, and when i left after 12 years, my salary was entry level. the benefits are great! Management not so much. As well as the HR department, not one of them is approachable by any means. Because our dept filed a complaint against a member of management, one of the HR team members called us a bunch of complainers and our complaint never got resolved, or even looked into. Great job security. This job is cut out for a single individual with no kids or family, and can work unlimited overtime any time they ask. If you are flexible and have no life, Elcan is the job for you!
there is known and accepted in-fighting among staff. This results in a high turnover in staff. The culture is made up of the same people making the same bad decisions expecting different results. Not all the staff are bad but a lot of false travel promises to lure talent.
Pros
good salary
Cons
working on projects that don't matter and won't go anywhere
Raytheon has high security protocol within the building and in document security. Management is team focused and works well in the environment. There are continuing activities to promote team work.
Wonderful place to work at the beginning. However it quickly turned to a badly mismanaged, poorly run company. Total lack of vision allowed competitors to completely take over market share. Shame
A great place to work. Opportunity for growth and advancement, and a management team and staff dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction. Benefits and flex hours are a great perk.
The company has many former military staff and management members who understand their customer needs. More emphasis has recently been on efficiency and cost competitiveness. US functional alignment is a good step for the Canadian subsidiary to maintain alignment with US strategies.
Pros
lunches with meetings
Cons
misalignment
Richmond (Canada) office was an exception and was not indicative of other sites. At the time I was there, working on the Canadian Automated Air Traffic Control System (CAATS), my colleagues were from all over the world and were super smart. Forced me to raise my game in order to progress my career. Challenging, and fun. Great management who had your back and supported you. Work culture was very team based and team work was the highest value. It was definitely all for one and one for all. Was devastated when Raytheon Corporate shut us down in 2006 and certainly had no respect for the US exec team in the way it was done. My ratings are for what was our local Canadian management. If I had to rate corporate then it would not look good.
Pros
Great people and local management
Cons
Corporate management
It seems like no one is in charge and everyone is heading in all different directions. They are losing their competitive edge in the market place with their assembly shop approach instead of focusing on highly technical projects.
Pros
Indoor clean work
Cons
Very week middle management, too top heavy
I have been here for a few years now and have seen some changes in management - some of those who left were good people, but the changes have all been for the better. Bumpy roads are finally starting to smoothen. Still room for improvement, but this is not the workplace that it was a few years ago. I'm not sure where complaints of nepotism come from. Wages are OK, with most of the staff being unionized, having wages that were built upon from previous collective agreements, under the previous employer. Before Raytheon got this contract, the previous employer could let people work as much as they wanted, because it could just be billed to the client. That is probably one reason why that employer doesn't have the contract any more. All of this is to say that overtime opportunities still exist for those who want to work it, but not to the same extent as years ago. That has been really hard for some people to adjust to - understandably. First and foremost, the people on the program really care about their work, for the most part. Pride in what you do can be contagious ... and it can also make some people fell less comfortable, if you that isn't what you are like.
Pros
good people, challenging work
Cons
challenging work, wages are just OK
Most relaxed atmosphere I've ever worked Constantly learning and growing Management is very aware of their empoyee and preformances Hardest part about the job was leaving people are awesome
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
availabilty
New foreign management has left a once thriving Canadian grown European founded company a far cry from its heritage and former business practices. Staff never feel confident that their day to day activities and job positions will be secure for very long. Common positive perspectives of the general company environment are a common misconception when compared to its reality.
Pros
group health benefits
Cons
Human resource department is very unfeeling and unyielding
Work was difficult but I love a challenge and my peers shared the same mindset. Management was very hands-off and allowed us to attempt bug fixes in newer ways and maintain our own code repositories.
Pros
Fun Work
Cons
Contract Work
This is for NWS Raytheon North Bay. This is self-serving company where only family and friends are employed. There is total disregard for fairness and integrity,transparency in hiring practices.
Pros
Excellent working environment.Friendly technical staff.
Cons
Company hides behind its employment in order to get around discrimination.
I was at the company for more than 15 years. The first 10 years were good to great. The last 5 years were terrible as the company lost market share in the commercial aviation radar sector. As a result of constant layoffs and unreasonable workloads, the work environment became stressful and difficult.
Pros
Great pay and benifits.
Cons
Toxic work environment. Company on decline to closure.
A great environment to work in with some highly knowledgeable people, very competitive salary and conditions. Management were always approachable and willing to help with any/all issues.
Pros
great conditions, great people.
Cons
frequent quiet periods
great DBA team and busy environment with excellent management policies. Always new projects and challenging issues on a daily basis which presents a best learning curve and great environment for growth...
Pros
cross taining
Cons
located in a small town
great co-workers, interesting work. management was easy to get along with. Loved the job
Pros
easy going environment, learnt a lot about optics
Cons
shortage of work
The workplace has a good atmosphere and fun people. The job can be repetitive and not much changes. There is not much room for advancement and the company is top heavy on Management.
Pros
fantastic home/workplace balance
Cons
risk adverse, and stuck in their own paradigm of thinking, Technical staff is typically paid less than administrative
Everyday was different, multitasking, management very supportive, people were fantastic
Pros
The people, internal training, promoting from within
Cons
frequent lay offs
Working as a Quality Engineer at Raytheon I conducted frequent audits of the Quality Management System determined areas for improvement and corrective action, I collected failure data analysed it for defect trends and when a trend was detected. I developed and executed a plan for containment, isolation, and resolution of the defect.
Ongoing layoffs and declining in size for quite a few years. A lot of deadwood here, as well as incompetent management. Morale and motivation levels are very low.
Pros
location
Cons
poor management, lack of new products, constant layoffs.