Raytheon logo

Work-life balance
Job security & advancement

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,987 reviews

Great connections!

Because of the isolated locations, being placed with the crew I was, I really lucked out. There was some exceptional members that made my 11 weeks in the Arctic a great experience.

Pros

experience the Arctic and some of the northern culture.

Cons

isolated and away from home for long stretches.

Excellent company to work for, they encourage learning new skills

Excellent working environment, sense of belonging, employees are encouraged to learn new jobs as well as submit new ideas which if used employee will be compensated financially, safe working conditions, excellent benefits such as profit sharing, medical and company will also pay for post secondary education if it is similar to current job status.

Pros

free coffee, free work clothing, 2 free safety boots per employee per year

Cons

Worst company to take over nws

Was called and offered a Warehouseperson job in my hometown, told my start date and wage.Received a call a few days later saying there was a miscommunication, and I was denied the position due to Raytheon hiring a less experienced individual who had previously been with the prior company Nasittuq Corporation, this individual had to be repeatedly sent to NC North Bay Ontario to be retrained and retrained in Warehouse duties, this individual is now the LSS Manager, lmaoAlot of buddy buddy and family hiring in this area.Raytheon has not been adhering to the mandatory hiring and training of Aboriginal individuals either!!! Apparently the federal Government cannot or will not enforce this!!Bad company to have our national security run in the North!!!Hope they soon lose the contract for NWS!!!

Forward thinking organization

Raytheon has high security protocol within the building and in document security. Management is team focused and works well in the environment. There are continuing activities to promote team work.

Great place to grow

A great place to work. Opportunity for growth and advancement, and a management team and staff dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction. Benefits and flex hours are a great perk.

Management does not watch work flow on the floor

In my 12 years at Elcan, i have seen people get away with bullying, harassment and just having a bad attitude everyday. Even if an employee were to escalate their complaint to management or HR, it was always just swept under the rug. I worked hard for that company, and when i left after 12 years, my salary was entry level. the benefits are great! Management not so much. As well as the HR department, not one of them is approachable by any means. Because our dept filed a complaint against a member of management, one of the HR team members called us a bunch of complainers and our complaint never got resolved, or even looked into. Great job security. This job is cut out for a single individual with no kids or family, and can work unlimited overtime any time they ask. If you are flexible and have no life, Elcan is the job for you!

Good money

I wouldn't recommend it. Not progressive. Elitist culture. No room for advancement. Town is not very welcoming to strangers not a lot to do in the community unless you're retired or like to drink.

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything other than money

Great people and opportunities to learn

Fantastic group to work with! Company culture is well engrained with the long-term employees - pride in the work and the team is infectious. Incredible opportunities to learn and develop

Best place I worked at since moving to Canada

Richmond (Canada) office was an exception and was not indicative of other sites. At the time I was there, working on the Canadian Automated Air Traffic Control System (CAATS), my colleagues were from all over the world and were super smart. Forced me to raise my game in order to progress my career. Challenging, and fun. Great management who had your back and supported you. Work culture was very team based and team work was the highest value. It was definitely all for one and one for all. Was devastated when Raytheon Corporate shut us down in 2006 and certainly had no respect for the US exec team in the way it was done. My ratings are for what was our local Canadian management. If I had to rate corporate then it would not look good.

Pros

Great people and local management

Cons

Corporate management

A solid company

Overall, the work environment was very positive. Work life balance was great and provided learning opportunities. At the company I experienced 3 different type of jobs which was important to my development.

Jobs at Raytheon

See more jobs

Wonderful place to work

An excellent company to work for. Great benefits and compensation packages for employees. Employees have been there for 25,30, 40 years. Location is well maintained and uses state of the art technology.

great work experience

I enjoyed the ability to travel to both remote areas for work and to school for training. I also got to meet and work with amazing worldy employees .

Really?

This company is looking for HEO from all over canada and not offering relocation. And they clearly dont even know what HEO do because their job description is for semi truck and trailer drivers.

Pros

Cons

No relocation and low pay

uncertain atmosphere

Contract work makes the job not worth pursuing. Lots of old timers there that control the way the shifts are made up. No day shift for contract workers unless in training. They favor people hired through family and will place then in a better area with better shift coverage. Don't waste your time until they decide to fully invest in yours.

Pros

Cons

no job security, lower wage for contract workers, care only about perm full timers

Excellent place to work

Raytheon provides a safe, professional work environment. Great people, good benefits and good pay. I would consider this to be secure employment with a long future of opportunities.

Pros

Safe, positive, professional environment

Cons

shift work, some positions are only part time

Good company to work for

Raytheon Canada was a great company to work for. I learned a lot in the 20 years I was there and was able to advance my career. They have a great online education system to help create new skills.

Pros

good work enviroment

Great place for full time hire

Performed quality audits on airport surveillance radar equipment at all levels of assembly. Checked solder joints and hardware connections. Interesting work for someone who embraces electronics. Was hired through an agency for 6mos contract. When contract expired was not contacted by HR regarding my status. My manager told me just to keep coming in until advised otherwise. Worked for a full year and did not receive any job offer for permanent employment. Moved on to better wage and job with benefits.

Pros

Inmteresting work

Cons

Uncertainty in employment status

Great job. Educational and a lot of overtime around Christmas.

This was a great job. I loved learning new and interesting things. the engineers I worked with were exceptional and I learnt something new each day for 5 years. We had company toonie and loonie draws for employees who wanted to participate each Friday. Elegant Christmas parties for employees. Good benefits and company profit sharing.

Pros

cafeteria

Cons

eventually had a lay off

Review summary

AvWorks is a good place to work, however there is too much internal politics and red tape. the salary is not the best for the job and they will always try to give you more responsibility for no extra pay.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Not great salary's or advancement options

Benefits and work environment are good, little chance for advancement

The workplace has a good atmosphere and fun people. The job can be repetitive and not much changes. There is not much room for advancement and the company is top heavy on Management.

Pros

fantastic home/workplace balance

Cons

risk adverse, and stuck in their own paradigm of thinking, Technical staff is typically paid less than administrative

Great Place to work just needed to secure more contracts.

Gained great experience in a number of different areas, such as configuration control, material control and builds and administration.

Pros

Flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K