Raytheon

Raytheon Culture reviews

Because of the isolated locations, being placed with the crew I was, I really lucked out. There was some exceptional members that made my 11 weeks in the Arctic a great experience.
Pros
experience the Arctic and some of the northern culture.
Cons
isolated and away from home for long stretches.
there is known and accepted in-fighting among staff. This results in a high turnover in staff. The culture is made up of the same people making the same bad decisions expecting different results. Not all the staff are bad but a lot of false travel promises to lure talent.
Pros
good salary
Cons
working on projects that don't matter and won't go anywhere
Très bonne équipe ettrès bonne ambiance de travail
Raytheon has high security protocol within the building and in document security. Management is team focused and works well in the environment. There are continuing activities to promote team work.
Working as a chef in the NWS and love it. So many beautiful views, clients are very easy to please, you end up in such a remote area but you end up being with such an incredible bunch of ppl.
A great place to work. Opportunity for growth and advancement, and a management team and staff dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction. Benefits and flex hours are a great perk.
I wouldn't recommend it. Not progressive. Elitist culture. No room for advancement. Town is not very welcoming to strangers not a lot to do in the community unless you're retired or like to drink.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything other than money
The company has many former military staff and management members who understand their customer needs. More emphasis has recently been on efficiency and cost competitiveness. US functional alignment is a good step for the Canadian subsidiary to maintain alignment with US strategies.
Pros
lunches with meetings
Cons
misalignment
Fantastic group to work with! Company culture is well engrained with the long-term employees - pride in the work and the team is infectious. Incredible opportunities to learn and develop
Richmond (Canada) office was an exception and was not indicative of other sites. At the time I was there, working on the Canadian Automated Air Traffic Control System (CAATS), my colleagues were from all over the world and were super smart. Forced me to raise my game in order to progress my career. Challenging, and fun. Great management who had your back and supported you. Work culture was very team based and team work was the highest value. It was definitely all for one and one for all. Was devastated when Raytheon Corporate shut us down in 2006 and certainly had no respect for the US exec team in the way it was done. My ratings are for what was our local Canadian management. If I had to rate corporate then it would not look good.
Pros
Great people and local management
Cons
Corporate management
It seems like no one is in charge and everyone is heading in all different directions. They are losing their competitive edge in the market place with their assembly shop approach instead of focusing on highly technical projects.
Pros
Indoor clean work
Cons
Very week middle management, too top heavy
Most relaxed atmosphere I've ever worked Constantly learning and growing Management is very aware of their empoyee and preformances Hardest part about the job was leaving people are awesome
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
availabilty
A great environment to work in with some highly knowledgeable people, very competitive salary and conditions. Management were always approachable and willing to help with any/all issues.
Pros
great conditions, great people.
Cons
frequent quiet periods
AvWorks is a good place to work, however there is too much internal politics and red tape. the salary is not the best for the job and they will always try to give you more responsibility for no extra pay.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not great salary's or advancement options
Raytheon is a company that really does make it's employees feel like family. The benefits and salary were very highly competitive. The hardest part of the job I would have to say were the long hours and month end. It was not uncommon to work 14 -16 hour days during that time.
great co-workers, interesting work. management was easy to get along with. Loved the job
Pros
easy going environment, learnt a lot about optics
Cons
shortage of work
Everyday was different, multitasking, management very supportive, people were fantastic
Pros
The people, internal training, promoting from within
Cons
frequent lay offs
If you like working with brilliant minds, this is the place for you. Each day provides engaging conversation and one is always learning and stretching their capabilities.They are far, far too process driven and can't think beyond the process.
Overall a good company but could not always do what was required without approval from head office in the USA resulting in loss business.
Pros
good people. good perks
Cons
was cost competitive
As the Logistics Specialist I was responsible for supporting the Engineering Management with engineering resource planning, financial and metric analysis required for the quantitative operation of the engineering department.As the Executive Administrative Assistant I supported the General Manager with various high level administrative duties including: meeting planning and minutes, travel arrangements, expense reporting, schedule management, and preparation of internal and external communications and reports.
Pros
great work/life balance, wellness program and culture
Cons
job security