Raytheon logo
Raytheon

Raytheon Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 64 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,987 reviews

If you enjoy working with your hands this is a great place to work. I've learned a lot there and enjoy the people I work with. I like the pace it definitely makes the day go faster if your on the right job.

Pros

Good benefits paid vacation and sick time

Cons

stress and overtime

Excellent company to work for, they encourage learning new skills

Excellent working environment, sense of belonging, employees are encouraged to learn new jobs as well as submit new ideas which if used employee will be compensated financially, safe working conditions, excellent benefits such as profit sharing, medical and company will also pay for post secondary education if it is similar to current job status.

Pros

free coffee, free work clothing, 2 free safety boots per employee per year

Great connections!

Because of the isolated locations, being placed with the crew I was, I really lucked out. There was some exceptional members that made my 11 weeks in the Arctic a great experience.

Pros

experience the Arctic and some of the northern culture.

Cons

isolated and away from home for long stretches.

Worst company to take over nws

Was called and offered a Warehouseperson job in my hometown, told my start date and wage.Received a call a few days later saying there was a miscommunication, and I was denied the position due to Raytheon hiring a less experienced individual who had previously been with the prior company Nasittuq Corporation, this individual had to be repeatedly sent to NC North Bay Ontario to be retrained and retrained in Warehouse duties, this individual is now the LSS Manager, lmaoAlot of buddy buddy and family hiring in this area.Raytheon has not been adhering to the mandatory hiring and training of Aboriginal individuals either!!! Apparently the federal Government cannot or will not enforce this!!Bad company to have our national security run in the North!!!Hope they soon lose the contract for NWS!!!

Massive turnover in staff

there is known and accepted in-fighting among staff. This results in a high turnover in staff. The culture is made up of the same people making the same bad decisions expecting different results. Not all the staff are bad but a lot of false travel promises to lure talent.

Pros

good salary

Cons

working on projects that don't matter and won't go anywhere

Environement de travail productif

Très bonne équipe ettrès bonne ambiance de travail

Forward thinking organization

Raytheon has high security protocol within the building and in document security. Management is team focused and works well in the environment. There are continuing activities to promote team work.

Badly mismanaged

Wonderful place to work at the beginning. However it quickly turned to a badly mismanaged, poorly run company. Total lack of vision allowed competitors to completely take over market share. Shame

NWS chef

Working as a chef in the NWS and love it. So many beautiful views, clients are very easy to please, you end up in such a remote area but you end up being with such an incredible bunch of ppl.

Great place to grow

A great place to work. Opportunity for growth and advancement, and a management team and staff dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction. Benefits and flex hours are a great perk.

Jobs at Raytheon

See more jobs

Management does not watch work flow on the floor

In my 12 years at Elcan, i have seen people get away with bullying, harassment and just having a bad attitude everyday. Even if an employee were to escalate their complaint to management or HR, it was always just swept under the rug. I worked hard for that company, and when i left after 12 years, my salary was entry level. the benefits are great! Management not so much. As well as the HR department, not one of them is approachable by any means. Because our dept filed a complaint against a member of management, one of the HR team members called us a bunch of complainers and our complaint never got resolved, or even looked into. Great job security. This job is cut out for a single individual with no kids or family, and can work unlimited overtime any time they ask. If you are flexible and have no life, Elcan is the job for you!

Productive and fun workplace, with nice & professional coworkers

Very large company with big respect to their employees. Rayton has numerous offices in North America and in United States of America. Because it is an US company the expectations are different from Canadian companies. Overall I was very happy working for Raytheon.

Good money

I wouldn't recommend it. Not progressive. Elitist culture. No room for advancement. Town is not very welcoming to strangers not a lot to do in the community unless you're retired or like to drink.

Pros

Money

Cons

Everything other than money

good

It was good very clean fun some times mostly friendly people. I like to learn new things about what the product I'm working on. I enjoyed some of my supervise person

Pros

extra breaks

Cons

repetitve

The company has many former military staff and management members who understand their customer needs. More emphasis has recently been on efficiency and cost competitiveness. US functional alignment is a good step for the Canadian subsidiary to maintain alignment with US strategies.

Pros

lunches with meetings

Cons

misalignment

Great people and opportunities to learn

Fantastic group to work with! Company culture is well engrained with the long-term employees - pride in the work and the team is infectious. Incredible opportunities to learn and develop

Best place I worked at since moving to Canada

Richmond (Canada) office was an exception and was not indicative of other sites. At the time I was there, working on the Canadian Automated Air Traffic Control System (CAATS), my colleagues were from all over the world and were super smart. Forced me to raise my game in order to progress my career. Challenging, and fun. Great management who had your back and supported you. Work culture was very team based and team work was the highest value. It was definitely all for one and one for all. Was devastated when Raytheon Corporate shut us down in 2006 and certainly had no respect for the US exec team in the way it was done. My ratings are for what was our local Canadian management. If I had to rate corporate then it would not look good.

Pros

Great people and local management

Cons

Corporate management

Very week middle management

It seems like no one is in charge and everyone is heading in all different directions. They are losing their competitive edge in the market place with their assembly shop approach instead of focusing on highly technical projects.

Pros

Indoor clean work

Cons

Very week middle management, too top heavy

This company is in the process of closing

Was a great place to work and a high tech product. Mainly radar and air traffic although periodically something very different would come through that would be great to work on.

North Warning System - good people with a tough job

I have been here for a few years now and have seen some changes in management - some of those who left were good people, but the changes have all been for the better. Bumpy roads are finally starting to smoothen. Still room for improvement, but this is not the workplace that it was a few years ago. I'm not sure where complaints of nepotism come from. Wages are OK, with most of the staff being unionized, having wages that were built upon from previous collective agreements, under the previous employer. Before Raytheon got this contract, the previous employer could let people work as much as they wanted, because it could just be billed to the client. That is probably one reason why that employer doesn't have the contract any more. All of this is to say that overtime opportunities still exist for those who want to work it, but not to the same extent as years ago. That has been really hard for some people to adjust to - understandably. First and foremost, the people on the program really care about their work, for the most part. Pride in what you do can be contagious ... and it can also make some people fell less comfortable, if you that isn't what you are like.

Pros

good people, challenging work

Cons

challenging work, wages are just OK

Very professional with good work life balance

A lot of good business structures in place resulting in productive and generally satisfied work force. In many ways they had taken the time to design the product architecture well from the start which meant that the very complex product got be developed efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K