Raytheon

Raytheon Employee Reviews in Waterloo, ON

Was a great place to work and a high tech product. Mainly radar and air traffic although periodically something very different would come through that would be great to work on.
Wonderful place to work at the beginning. However it quickly turned to a badly mismanaged, poorly run company. Total lack of vision allowed competitors to completely take over market share. Shame
I was at the company for more than 15 years. The first 10 years were good to great. The last 5 years were terrible as the company lost market share in the commercial aviation radar sector. As a result of constant layoffs and unreasonable workloads, the work environment became stressful and difficult.
Pros
Great pay and benifits.
Cons
Toxic work environment. Company on decline to closure.
Performed quality audits on airport surveillance radar equipment at all levels of assembly. Checked solder joints and hardware connections. Interesting work for someone who embraces electronics. Was hired through an agency for 6mos contract. When contract expired was not contacted by HR regarding my status. My manager told me just to keep coming in until advised otherwise. Worked for a full year and did not receive any job offer for permanent employment. Moved on to better wage and job with benefits.
Pros
Inmteresting work
Cons
Uncertainty in employment status
very good place to work for . nice people ,very frendly .good environment, good money good trainings , good benefits in general a good work place .
great DBA team and busy environment with excellent management policies. Always new projects and challenging issues on a daily basis which presents a best learning curve and great environment for growth...
Pros
cross taining
Cons
located in a small town
The moment I stepped in the front door of the building, I was greeted in a very polite manner. Through my co-op work term, I became acquainted with nearly everyone in the IT department, and I even made connections with the General Manager of the building. Overall, it's a very welcoming atmosphere where you're rewarded for the work you put in.
Muti-Task - working for 20 Engineers on a $700 M Radar Program Attended Meetings w/ Customers; Took Action Items - followed up for timely completion. Made travel arrangements world wide Organized dinners, receptions for Comany and also various Customers from Europe. Very challenging and rewarding experience working at Raytheon.
Everyday was different, multitasking, management very supportive, people were fantastic
Pros
The people, internal training, promoting from within
Cons
frequent lay offs
Design of complex radar systems Friendly and knowledgeable design team
Working as a Quality Engineer at Raytheon I conducted frequent audits of the Quality Management System determined areas for improvement and corrective action, I collected failure data analysed it for defect trends and when a trend was detected. I developed and executed a plan for containment, isolation, and resolution of the defect.
Gained great experience in a number of different areas, such as configuration control, material control and builds and administration.
Pros
Flexible hours
Look for work to be completed and assist as necessary. The program that I was originally hired for was delayed in its approval for design execution. Learned more about RADAR signal processing.
Pros
Good peer team
Cons
Unclear product roadmap
The work environment was relaxed and the people where great to work with, I learned a lot and picked up a few good experiences while I worked there.
If you like working with brilliant minds, this is the place for you. Each day provides engaging conversation and one is always learning and stretching their capabilities.They are far, far too process driven and can't think beyond the process.
I was enjoy to jump on the next level.I had great review. I wish the company would be ok in futuer
Pros
flexible hours
I was basically left on my own to build cables to drawing specifications
Pros
nobody looking over shoulder all the time
Cons
pay rate
Ongoing layoffs and declining in size for quite a few years. A lot of deadwood here, as well as incompetent management. Morale and motivation levels are very low.
Pros
location
Cons
poor management, lack of new products, constant layoffs.
Overall a good company but could not always do what was required without approval from head office in the USA resulting in loss business.
Pros
good people. good perks
Cons
was cost competitive
As the Logistics Specialist I was responsible for supporting the Engineering Management with engineering resource planning, financial and metric analysis required for the quantitative operation of the engineering department.As the Executive Administrative Assistant I supported the General Manager with various high level administrative duties including: meeting planning and minutes, travel arrangements, expense reporting, schedule management, and preparation of internal and external communications and reports.
Pros
great work/life balance, wellness program and culture
Cons
job security
Raytheon Canada needs to hire us people back from our layoff