Raytheon

Raytheon Employee Reviews in Midland, ON

If you enjoy working with your hands this is a great place to work. I've learned a lot there and enjoy the people I work with. I like the pace it definitely makes the day go faster if your on the right job.
Pros
Good benefits paid vacation and sick time
Cons
stress and overtime
In my 12 years at Elcan, i have seen people get away with bullying, harassment and just having a bad attitude everyday. Even if an employee were to escalate their complaint to management or HR, it was always just swept under the rug. I worked hard for that company, and when i left after 12 years, my salary was entry level. the benefits are great! Management not so much. As well as the HR department, not one of them is approachable by any means. Because our dept filed a complaint against a member of management, one of the HR team members called us a bunch of complainers and our complaint never got resolved, or even looked into. Great job security. This job is cut out for a single individual with no kids or family, and can work unlimited overtime any time they ask. If you are flexible and have no life, Elcan is the job for you!
I wouldn't recommend it. Not progressive. Elitist culture. No room for advancement. Town is not very welcoming to strangers not a lot to do in the community unless you're retired or like to drink.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything other than money
It was good very clean fun some times mostly friendly people. I like to learn new things about what the product I'm working on. I enjoyed some of my supervise person
Pros
extra breaks
Cons
repetitve
Fantastic group to work with! Company culture is well engrained with the long-term employees - pride in the work and the team is infectious. Incredible opportunities to learn and develop
It seems like no one is in charge and everyone is heading in all different directions. They are losing their competitive edge in the market place with their assembly shop approach instead of focusing on highly technical projects.
Pros
Indoor clean work
Cons
Very week middle management, too top heavy
Most relaxed atmosphere I've ever worked Constantly learning and growing Management is very aware of their empoyee and preformances Hardest part about the job was leaving people are awesome
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
availabilty
New foreign management has left a once thriving Canadian grown European founded company a far cry from its heritage and former business practices. Staff never feel confident that their day to day activities and job positions will be secure for very long. Common positive perspectives of the general company environment are a common misconception when compared to its reality.
Pros
group health benefits
Cons
Human resource department is very unfeeling and unyielding
An excellent company to work for. Great benefits and compensation packages for employees. Employees have been there for 25,30, 40 years. Location is well maintained and uses state of the art technology.
Vertically Integrated optic assembly facility, with a full machine shop, coating chambers, glass polishing and assembly departments located in the cottage capital of Simcoe county.
Contract work makes the job not worth pursuing. Lots of old timers there that control the way the shifts are made up. No day shift for contract workers unless in training. They favor people hired through family and will place then in a better area with better shift coverage. Don't waste your time until they decide to fully invest in yours.
Pros
Cons
no job security, lower wage for contract workers, care only about perm full timers
This was a great job. I loved learning new and interesting things. the engineers I worked with were exceptional and I learnt something new each day for 5 years. We had company toonie and loonie draws for employees who wanted to participate each Friday. Elegant Christmas parties for employees. Good benefits and company profit sharing.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
eventually had a lay off
great co-workers, interesting work. management was easy to get along with. Loved the job
Pros
easy going environment, learnt a lot about optics
Cons
shortage of work
Management was a little too old school - Machiavellian.People were terrific to work with... very professional (when needed to be!)Learned vast amounts about government defence contracts.
Pros
incredibly interesting products manufactured. high tech machning.
Cons
really.