Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 3,187 reviews
This company is in the process of closing
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 September 2018
Was a great place to work and a high tech product. Mainly radar and air traffic although periodically something very different would come through that would be great to work on.
North Warning System - good people with a tough job
employee (Current Employee) –  Ottawa and North Bay13 August 2018
I have been here for a few years now and have seen some changes in management - some of those who left were good people, but the changes have all been for the better. Bumpy roads are finally starting to smoothen. Still room for improvement, but this is not the workplace that it was a few years ago.

I'm not sure where complaints of nepotism come from. Wages are OK, with most of the staff being unionized, having wages that were built upon from previous collective agreements, under the previous employer. Before Raytheon got this contract, the previous employer could let people work as much as they wanted, because it could just be billed to the client. That is probably one reason why that employer doesn't have the contract any more. All of this is to say that overtime opportunities still exist for those who want to work it, but not to the same extent as years ago. That has been really hard for some people to adjust to - understandably.

First and foremost, the people on the program really care about their work, for the most part. Pride in what you do can be contagious ... and it can also make some people fell less comfortable, if you that isn't what you are like.
Pros
good people, challenging work
Cons
challenging work, wages are just OK
Horrible
Facilities Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Arctic4 June 2018
I work in Arctic on raytheon contract that was underbid and is poorly managed. Never been so poorly treated by a company in 30yrs. Will be quitting as soon as any other job secured. Been here 1 yr and was worst decision of my life to come here. Great scenery has been only highlight...mix of half good people and half morons.
Pros
Food at main base is great
Cons
Very professional with good work life balance
Software Team Leader & Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 May 2018
A lot of good business structures in place resulting in productive and generally satisfied work force. In many ways they had taken the time to design the product architecture well from the start which meant that the very complex product got be developed efficiently.
Very Warm environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON29 May 2018
Most relaxed atmosphere I've ever worked
Constantly learning and growing
Management is very aware of their empoyee and preformances
Hardest part about the job was leaving
people are awesome
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
availabilty
Professional work environment
Full-time Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON3 May 2018
New foreign management has left a once thriving Canadian grown European founded company a far cry from its heritage and former business practices.
Staff never feel confident that their day to day activities and job positions will be secure for very long.
Common positive perspectives of the general company environment are a common misconception when compared to its reality.
Pros
group health benefits
Cons
Human resource department is very unfeeling and unyielding
Great People & Tech
SharePoint Guru/Sr. DBA (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 April 2018
Work was difficult but I love a challenge and my peers shared the same mindset. Management was very hands-off and allowed us to attempt bug fixes in newer ways and maintain our own code repositories.
Pros
Fun Work
Cons
Contract Work
A solid company
Engineer & Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Overall, the work environment was very positive. Work life balance was great and provided learning opportunities.

At the company I experienced 3 different type of jobs which was important to my development.
Wonderful place to work
Payroll Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON9 April 2018
An excellent company to work for. Great benefits and compensation packages for employees. Employees have been there for 25,30, 40 years. Location is well maintained and uses state of the art technology.
Back stabbing organisation
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 April 2018
This is for NWS Raytheon North Bay.
This is self-serving company where only family and friends are employed.
There is total disregard for fairness and integrity,transparency in hiring practices.
Pros
Excellent working environment.Friendly technical staff.
Cons
Company hides behind its employment in order to get around discrimination.
great work experience
Asst. Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Inuvik, NT3 April 2018
I enjoyed the ability to travel to both remote areas for work and to school for training. I also got to meet and work with amazing worldy employees .
This is for Raythen Canada Waterloo
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 February 2018
I was at the company for more than 15 years. The first 10 years were good to great. The last 5 years were terrible as the company lost market share in the commercial aviation radar sector. As a result of constant layoffs and unreasonable workloads, the work environment became stressful and difficult.
Pros
Great pay and benifits.
Cons
Toxic work environment. Company on decline to closure.
Really?
Canteen Worker (Former Employee) –  Nunavut26 December 2017
This company is looking for HEO from all over canada and not offering relocation. And they clearly dont even know what HEO do because their job description is for semi truck and trailer drivers.
Pros
Cons
No relocation and low pay
Very Unethical
Senior IT Systems Administrator/Analyst, November (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 December 2017
My expectation from this 4-month long Ethics investigation was to restore my reputation and integrity and hopefully my position. I have over 7 years of working for Raytheon, and completed all of the mandatory Ethics Courses. In my opinion, this case was the most Unethical, Non Impartial and one sided Judgmental investigation ever.
na
Assembly/Test Process Planner (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON10 November 2017
Vertically Integrated optic assembly facility, with a full machine shop, coating chambers, glass polishing and assembly departments located in the cottage capital of Simcoe county.
uncertain atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON7 October 2017
Contract work makes the job not worth pursuing. Lots of old timers there that control the way the shifts are made up. No day shift for contract workers unless in training. They favor people hired through family and will place then in a better area with better shift coverage.

Don't waste your time until they decide to fully invest in yours.
Pros
Cons
no job security, lower wage for contract workers, care only about perm full timers
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON31 July 2017
Raytheon provides a safe, professional work environment. Great people, good benefits and good pay. I would consider this to be secure employment with a long future of opportunities.
Pros
Safe, positive, professional environment
Cons
shift work, some positions are only part time
Good company to work for
Material Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2017
Raytheon Canada was a great company to work for. I learned a lot in the 20 years I was there and was able to advance my career. They have a great online education system to help create new skills.
Pros
good work enviroment
It's the bottom of the world!
Parts and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Mc Murdo, Antarctica28 June 2017
If you like to travel and Antarctica is on your bucket list, then it's the perfect job! The community living arrangements isn't everyone cup of tea, but the work and people make it worth the effort.
Pros
free meals and rent.
Great place for full time hire
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 February 2017
Performed quality audits on airport surveillance radar equipment at all levels of assembly. Checked solder joints and hardware connections. Interesting work for someone who embraces electronics. Was hired through an agency for 6mos contract. When contract expired was not contacted by HR regarding my status. My manager told me just to keep coming in until advised otherwise. Worked for a full year and did not receive any job offer for permanent employment. Moved on to better wage and job with benefits.
Pros
Inmteresting work
Cons
Uncertainty in employment status

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K