Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 3,371 reviews
Best place I worked at since moving to Canada
Software Engineer and Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 February 2019
Richmond (Canada) office was an exception and was not indicative of other sites.
At the time I was there, working on the Canadian Automated Air Traffic Control System (CAATS), my colleagues were from all over the world and were super smart. Forced me to raise my game in order to progress my career.
Challenging, and fun. Great management who had your back and supported you. Work culture was very team based and team work was the highest value. It was definitely all for one and one for all.
Was devastated when Raytheon Corporate shut us down in 2006 and certainly had no respect for the US exec team in the way it was done.
My ratings are for what was our local Canadian management. If I had to rate corporate then it would not look good.
Pros
Great people and local management
Cons
Corporate management
Very week middle management
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON8 November 2018
It seems like no one is in charge and everyone is heading in all different directions.
They are losing their competitive edge in the market place with their assembly shop approach instead of focusing on highly technical projects.
Pros
Indoor clean work
Cons
Very week middle management, too top heavy
This company is in the process of closing
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 September 2018
Was a great place to work and a high tech product. Mainly radar and air traffic although periodically something very different would come through that would be great to work on.
North Warning System - good people with a tough job
employee (Current Employee) –  Ottawa and North Bay13 August 2018
I have been here for a few years now and have seen some changes in management - some of those who left were good people, but the changes have all been for the better. Bumpy roads are finally starting to smoothen. Still room for improvement, but this is not the workplace that it was a few years ago.

I'm not sure where complaints of nepotism come from. Wages are OK, with most of the staff being unionized, having wages that were built upon from previous collective agreements, under the previous employer. Before Raytheon got this contract, the previous employer could let people work as much as they wanted, because it could just be billed to the client. That is probably one reason why that employer doesn't have the contract any more. All of this is to say that overtime opportunities still exist for those who want to work it, but not to the same extent as years ago. That has been really hard for some people to adjust to - understandably.

First and foremost, the people on the program really care about their work, for the most part. Pride in what you do can be contagious ... and it can also make some people fell less comfortable, if you that isn't what you are like.
Pros
good people, challenging work
Cons
challenging work, wages are just OK
Very professional with good work life balance
Software Team Leader & Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 May 2018
A lot of good business structures in place resulting in productive and generally satisfied work force. In many ways they had taken the time to design the product architecture well from the start which meant that the very complex product got be developed efficiently.
Very Warm environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON29 May 2018
Most relaxed atmosphere I've ever worked
Constantly learning and growing
Management is very aware of their empoyee and preformances
Hardest part about the job was leaving
people are awesome
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
availabilty
Professional work environment
Full-time Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON3 May 2018
New foreign management has left a once thriving Canadian grown European founded company a far cry from its heritage and former business practices.
Staff never feel confident that their day to day activities and job positions will be secure for very long.
Common positive perspectives of the general company environment are a common misconception when compared to its reality.
Pros
group health benefits
Cons
Human resource department is very unfeeling and unyielding
Great People & Tech
SharePoint Guru/Sr. DBA (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 April 2018
Work was difficult but I love a challenge and my peers shared the same mindset. Management was very hands-off and allowed us to attempt bug fixes in newer ways and maintain our own code repositories.
Pros
Fun Work
Cons
Contract Work
A solid company
Engineer & Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2018
Overall, the work environment was very positive. Work life balance was great and provided learning opportunities.

At the company I experienced 3 different type of jobs which was important to my development.
Wonderful place to work
Payroll Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON9 April 2018
An excellent company to work for. Great benefits and compensation packages for employees. Employees have been there for 25,30, 40 years. Location is well maintained and uses state of the art technology.

Want to know more about Raytheon?

Ask a question
Back stabbing organisation
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 April 2018
This is for NWS Raytheon North Bay.
This is self-serving company where only family and friends are employed.
There is total disregard for fairness and integrity,transparency in hiring practices.
Pros
Excellent working environment.Friendly technical staff.
Cons
Company hides behind its employment in order to get around discrimination.
great work experience
Asst. Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Inuvik, NT3 April 2018
I enjoyed the ability to travel to both remote areas for work and to school for training. I also got to meet and work with amazing worldy employees .
This is for Raythen Canada Waterloo
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 February 2018
I was at the company for more than 15 years. The first 10 years were good to great. The last 5 years were terrible as the company lost market share in the commercial aviation radar sector. As a result of constant layoffs and unreasonable workloads, the work environment became stressful and difficult.
Pros
Great pay and benifits.
Cons
Toxic work environment. Company on decline to closure.
Enjoyed the contract
Shift Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  McMurdo1 February 2018
Joined Raytheon Polar Services for the Antarctic contract when it was in Denver. Enjoyed the Antarctic contract as I just come off of military contracts and it was less stressful and more collaborative than military contracts. Enjoyed the enviroment and the people that worked in Antarctica.
Pros
Great Group of people. Great working enviroment
Cons
Extreme Isolation
Really?
Canteen Worker (Former Employee) –  Nunavut26 December 2017
This company is looking for HEO from all over canada and not offering relocation. And they clearly dont even know what HEO do because their job description is for semi truck and trailer drivers.
Pros
Cons
No relocation and low pay
Very Unethical
Senior IT Systems Administrator/Analyst, November (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 December 2017
My expectation from this 4-month long Ethics investigation was to restore my reputation and integrity and hopefully my position. I have over 7 years of working for Raytheon, and completed all of the mandatory Ethics Courses. In my opinion, this case was the most Unethical, Non Impartial and one sided Judgmental investigation ever.
na
Assembly/Test Process Planner (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON10 November 2017
Vertically Integrated optic assembly facility, with a full machine shop, coating chambers, glass polishing and assembly departments located in the cottage capital of Simcoe county.
uncertain atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON7 October 2017
Contract work makes the job not worth pursuing. Lots of old timers there that control the way the shifts are made up. No day shift for contract workers unless in training. They favor people hired through family and will place then in a better area with better shift coverage.

Don't waste your time until they decide to fully invest in yours.
Pros
Cons
no job security, lower wage for contract workers, care only about perm full timers
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON31 July 2017
Raytheon provides a safe, professional work environment. Great people, good benefits and good pay. I would consider this to be secure employment with a long future of opportunities.
Pros
Safe, positive, professional environment
Cons
shift work, some positions are only part time
Good company to work for
Material Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2017
Raytheon Canada was a great company to work for. I learned a lot in the 20 years I was there and was able to advance my career. They have a great online education system to help create new skills.
Pros
good work enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K