Raymond James

Raymond James Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
I was helping an advisor build his brand through social media and was given a lot of autonomy. I made my own models of how to expand his business and was rewarded when good work was done.
Senior management is made up of female control freaks with little empowerment to the subordinates to do their jobs. Everyone wants to leave. The supervisor and colleagues are nice.
Lots to learn. Management squeezes everything they can out of you for little pay. Ive moved onto another company that cares more for their employees by shutting down during Covid 19 while I hear RJ management makes employees commute into the office to work still. Says alot.
A typical day at work can be fast paced. Lots of duties that are time sensitive and can be very detail oriented. Depending on which department you work within, there is room for advancement.
Its a great opportunity to gain knowledge of financial investments and retirement. They have good benefits and pension. Work life balance is very reasonable.
With 15 years experience, I can comfortably say that I work with, and for, people with integrity. The atmosphere and ethics are conservative, however this has stood the company in good stead compared to competitors in times of fluctuating market conditions.
Departments are under-resourced generally. The firm has top-down management with a small number executives making decisions. Many staff members are long-term employees.
Good place to work and start your career. Easily accessible from Union station
A great work life balance, great salary. The only department that does not give you an opportunity to grow is IT department. Work order is really organised, however provides less training.
Pros
Great Salary and great working environment
Cons
Less Training and no room to grow
everyone was helpful, positive. fantastic experience overall. was only an intern there, but they taught me a lot. Good firm, treats clients and employees with respect. would recommend.
Good Group of people and job security but no real advanacements. Growth opportunities are almost non existent and pay is stagnant. Would not recommend the company unless some one desperately needed a job.
Raymond James - Investment Banking and Securities Dealing.

Starting salaries are not competitive in the industry. Working environment is less than ideal; you're sitting on-top of each other.

Human Resources states that new employees receive 3 weeks of paid vacation after their first year on the job; what they don't disclose is that these are earned days off for every day you work at Raymond James. Sick days are counted as your days off, another glitch they don't say upfront.

Many cliques in the workplace, and it's hard to break this attitude. Favouritism may prevail, making the opportunity to show what you're worth, that much more difficult.

Cynical attitudes seem to prevail in certain divisional circles. Jaded individuals? Oh, absolutely! Every work environment has their fair share of skeptics.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Multiculturalism at the top levels
Love it! I work on various tasks and projects, anything from preparing proposals to assisting with organizing events. Constant communication flow, meetings, liaison between staff, single point of contact, new staff orientation schedules, some site coordination (we have five sites), program manual preparation, in addition to the usual AA tasks of reports, scheduling meetings, correspondence, filing, etc
Pros
Employees, Location
Cons
money
In a small office, you are filling many roles. One of the upsides being the personal relationships you develop with the clients. The hardest part of my job is also the most enjoyable, helping people with their financial goals.
Was hired to bring on existing and new clients. I did this and was fired without adequate severance, while they kept the assets I brought on. Very little training and direction provided to acclimate to new or different software programs used.
Pros
Lots of branch activities
Cons
Poor communication between teams and management
I enjoyed working with Raymond James. All staff is so helpful and cooperative. All work together there in a team. I have learned so many things from there that i believe will help me in the future.
Raymond James was a fine place to work. My job required very little supervision as I was a Senior Trader with approximately 25 years in the business as a Trader. They did however keep a very close eye on the amount of capital used, something that I never had to deal with in my 18 1/2 years at National Bank. Over all, it was a good
work experience.
During my unpaid work experience at Raymond James Ltd., I learned many different office skills such as keyboarding, making professional phone calls and filing very important paperwork
Great company

entrepreneurial

flatter management structure

Management is very supportive of your initiatives

A lot of room for growth

good pay
I've learned a lot from my team/people here at Raymond James Ltd. They are very helpful and supportive. The work atmosphere is extremely friendly and fun.
Pros
benefits; underground path leading from work to union station.
Cons
limited room for growth
Raymond James is small in Canada. Its a flat organization. They have good people working there and they have managed to carve out a successful niche in a difficult business Equity Capital Markets.
The benefits are ok not great but the compensation is decent, the quarterly bonus is nice if they still have that. Overall all I would rate the place a B+.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymond James. Our community is ready to answer.