Ray of Hope Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
awesome
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 May 2018
was a great experience volunteering here, very well coordinated and went very smoothly each time I have helped served meals here. would love to come back and help again!
Productive and friendly
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 November 2017
Loved working with different people and finding new things about them. Always loved in meeting new people and to discuss about their life and encourage one another.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Too crowded
Fast paced and constantly changing clientele
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, ON2 October 2015
A typical day saw me monitoring the residents within the Secure Custody for Young Offenders. My position as a direct child care worker had me completing various responsibilities through out my shift. I always had the pleasure of having constant training to better myself in my roles.
Management was always assisting, encouraging , and directing me when needed.
Co-workers were awesome and fun to work with in a team fostered environment.
The hardest part of the job was physically restraining youth when needed, not because I wasn't properly trained but because of the emotional frustration the youths had.
The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the constant interacting with the youth.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, great training, supportive management.
Cons
bad food !
Typical Volunteer Shift
Volunteer Experiences (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 March 2015
Volunteering consists of interacting with any person who wishes to drop in at the community center that day. It is entirely optional, but i have become familiar with the regulars.
I assist them with doing their laundry, allowing them to have showers, administering them food tickets and supplying them with coffee and treats.
I also interact with them on a friendship and caring level. This consists of simply just chatting, or playing board games, cards, pool, etc.
This is a very rewarding position as it allows me to interact with people I might not have otherwise.
fantastic
Hospitality Team Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 November 2014
Great for volunteering! Love to work there and see more of the community and what goes on. Experiences can be great or sometimes uncomfortable but always allow you to grow as a person.
Overall good Company
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 February 2013
A typical work day is structured but room for ideas of your own. I have learned alot working for Ray of Hope such as time managment and working with many different people from mental health and addictions to youth in conflict with the law. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and clients I work with; managment is very supportive.
Fun Work place and Meet alot of New friends
Line Cook / Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 September 2012
I was extremely skilled at putting together traditional dishes with many satisfied customers. I would always doing Daily operation of various kitchen tools and machinery. It was a fun seasonal experience and i would love to do it again when given the Chance.
Pros
lot of fun and friendly staff
Cons
dont have one at this point in time