RAPS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very organized and professional
Care taker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2018
I learned a great amount of not only new skills but also different techniques. Working with the disabled really changed my perspective on all aspects of life, it was great to share my experiences and also listen to their experiences through out the time I worked as a care giver
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Always had to be able to be on call
Fun place to work for
General housekeeping and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 December 2017
A typical day at work can be getting your client ready for the day , maybe go to a doctors appointment and or shopping ,banking . The first part is easier sad than done sometimes you need need to toilet your client shower or bath ,groom , dress then make breakfast ,then figure out if you are taking the bus or your own automobile . then put the client down for a nap .
Then finally get your client ready for bed . The easiest is partially helping someone they help with a cane or walker they toilet themselves you assist in there daily needs .A person who is severely
handicapped e.g. Spinal Injuries you will need to assist in all of the tasks and more and usually a lift is involved . You will be involved with the persons who live in the houshold or loved ones as well that is just part of being an aid for someone who needs help .
Pros
flexability
Cons
On call Somtimes, Stay overnight on weekends occasionally .
great job
Live In Aid (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2016
it is a really good place to work no cons great pay good job security.
i really enjoyed it there the only reason i am not still working there is because of personal reasons.
Love my client, I enjoy bringing joy to he and his wife
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Morinville, AB17 November 2015
I typically work one hour in the evening, and an hour and a half in the mornings on the weekend. After his evening Range of Motion exercises, I help my client get ready for bed by brushing his teeth, washing his hands and face, emptying his catheter bag, and using the track lift to put him to bed. I usually work 2 to 3 evenings per week. On the weekends, we do his leg exercises, then I use the track lift to put my client into his commode as per his bowel routine, brush his teeth, wash his hands and face, and make his breakfast. I also make his bed and prepare his breathing machine.
Pros
being able to work with such lovely people
Cons
too few hours as they already have a full-time helper during the week
Flexible shifts
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2014
a typical day at work is getting my client prepared for the day, such as washing the clients face, brushing teeth providing daily medication and breakfast made. hardest part of the job is getting the client perfectly into her wheelchair to her comfort. most enjoyable part is going shopping an enjoying the day out.
Interesting type of job to learn more how to care for an elderly...
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 January 2013
A typical day at work is when the patient is ill, you need to be more patience and understanding, and give the best for the comfort and extra care. The hardest part of job is that you could almost feel how they suffer if the pain strike. The most enjoyable part of the job is when they make a litle trick, they can make you laugh sometimes, and I enjoyed listening about the story of their past.
rewarding
Residential Aide Placement Services (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 July 2012
I loved working for them, they are very supportive and so easy to talk too. They help you find what works for you and always willing to listen