RAPID CITY TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

I learnt so much
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON19 September 2018
I was working at Rapid City right after university. I learnt so much about the industry and this opportunity really helped shape my career path it is great.
Fantastic journey
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 September 2018
If I hadn’t moved due to family obligations, I would still be here. I miss this place a lot I can’t forget my office mates who we enjoyed to worked together and did fun. It was a fantastic journey.
Awesome team and Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON15 September 2018
I used to work at Rapid City for over 5 years. Awesome team and management. it was amazing experience wonderful team we used to had lunch together worked together. it was really fantastic.
Gratefull
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 August 2018
Been working here as a driver for over a year and I love my job helping people every day. It is a compliment for me to work here to help people. I loved my job more than me.
Everyone is great
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON27 August 2018
Rapid City has an amazing work environment. Everyone here is like a tight knit family. We spend time here we enjoy to working here, it's all fantastic.
Great management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON24 August 2018
Great management. They really do care about their employees which others don't. I must tell Rapid City is awesome who gives response to their employees first.
Best and Best
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON21 August 2018
I have worked at Rapid City Transportation for over two years. If it wasn’t for my husband’s job in another province, I assure you I would still be working at Rapid City Transportation.
Great Team
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 August 2018
Great team and working environment! Never a dull moment here. I am very happy that I am also a part of "Rapid City Transportation" it gives me energy.
I miss those days
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON31 July 2018
I worked here as a driver and I loved my job helping people in need. That time was brilliant because of changed my address I left the job. But I still miss those days. I wish that will come back.
Awesome Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON30 July 2018
Awesome management. I am never hesitant to go to the big boss for suggestions/concerns, etc. He admired me and gave concerns on specific matters of the association
Supported me
Executive (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON26 July 2018
I have worked in Rapid City for over a year and learnt so much from the team they are very cool and supported me a lot they were not only my colleagues they were like my friends.
Awesome
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON23 July 2018
Great staff. They truly do care about your safety. more intimate working environment, that may prove challenging. You can learn a lot from them. Awesome to being here
Great team
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON18 July 2018
Great team and working environment. I came to the front with easy advice of seniors. Great Managers as well and I am very happy to work here. I loved this company.
Nice co-workers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON23 May 2018
I have been working in their new offices for about a year now. This is a busy place that I think just gets better all the time. Yes the work can be a bit stressful at times due to the importance. But I have met some great people and have always been treated fairly. Sure just like everyplace some managers are better than others. Paid weekly is a bonus and so long as you pull your own weight nobody bothers or micromanages you. Laid back culture.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Always busy
Great ne offices and workplace
CSR (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 May 2018
Yes this is a busy and sometimes hectic place. The company is growing and always getting better. Overall my job is helping people and I enjoy it. The team I work with is friendly and I enjoy coming in to work every day. Management is busy but listens if you ask. Free lunches and a relaxed vibe considering some other places I have worked at. Heading in the right direction.
Pros
Lunches, hours, weekly pay
Cons
speed of work
Very unprofessional office
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON8 May 2018
This is a company that any good dispatcher would want to stay away from.Very unprofessional office, nobody seems to know what they are doing,including doing training.And the training employees get is just two hours,(as one other former employee indicated that's it).Therefore if you don't invest sufficient training time in your employees, this is what you get....
High burnout by employees, high turnover and extremely disrespectful management .Constantly looking for staff.Stay away, far away.Not worth minimum wage as company is floundering.Not worth the effort to work here.No job security, and other employees looking for work elsewhere.Constantly looking for help.
Pros
Cons
Screaming manager very unprofessional
Work horse enviroment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON11 April 2018
In the 3 years I drove for RCT I can probably count on both hands the amount of weeks I did less than 60hrs sometimes lots more and any denial in the rebuttal is completely false. The equipment is in good condition and well maintained. How they can say safety is a main concern when drivers are constantly working that many hours is beyond me. Work home life balance is also out of balance when you work 60+ hrs. a week what do you feel like doing at home.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Work hours work/life balance saftey
High Turnover
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 March 2018
Not understanding for sick days. Got a doctors note that was not even excepted due to being extremely sick. Was not taken out of consideration that i drove over half an hour drive and could not function while being that ill.
Official response from RAPID CITY TRANSPORTATION
14 March 2018

I can assure you that there is not a high-turnover at Autolux Ltd. Less than 1% of our employee's resign, the other's are relieved of their duties for other reasons. The ESA states that organizations can no longer ask for a doctor's note unless the employee has exceeded 10 sick days in one year. We are very understanding towards our employee's when they are sick, but are not understanding when an employee takes advantage.

Challenging, yet rewarding job
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 March 2018
I worked for this company for over four years and it was a great experience. They gave me my first job in my field after graduating from college and I was able to gain experience and knowledge in my chosen field.

The new building is beautiful and functional. It is a vast improvement from the previous location.

There is a lot of pressure to perform well. But if you are competent at the job, the appreciation is shown.

Most people are friendly with a good sense of humour. It makes going to work fun. There are often work outings paid for by the company for team bonding. Every one’s birthday was acknowledged. There was a celebration every month the company made record amounts.

I would still be working there now if I hadn’t moved far from the company.
Pros
Fun environment, company outings, good people
Cons
No benefits
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON3 March 2018
I have worked for minimum wage st other places and rct is a nice building with a nice lunch room a smoking area. We have new computers new desks comfortable chairs it could be worse. I am happy
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RAPID CITY TRANSPORTATION. Our community is ready to answer.

RAPID CITY TRANSPORTATION Reviews by Location