Rapid City Transportation

Rapid City Transportation Employee Reviews

Featured review
Rapid City Transportation selected this as a representative review
I worked for this company for over four years and it was a great experience. They gave me my first job in my field after graduating from college and I was able to gain experience and knowledge in my chosen field. The new building is beautiful and functional. It is a vast improvement from the previous location. There is a lot of pressure to perform well. But if you are competent at the job, the appreciation is shown. Most people are friendly with a good sense of humour. It makes going to work fun. There are often work outings paid for by the company for team bonding. Every one’s birthday was acknowledged. There was a celebration every month the company made record amounts. I would still be working there now if I hadn’t moved far from the company.
Pros
Fun environment, company outings, good people
Cons
No benefits
RCT has already been my family for years. I loved my job, my workmates and the company itself. Everything was doing great. I just had to leave due to some personal reasons. But I miss my work.
Pros
management cares for employees
Cons
customer challenges everyday
My work experience with RCT had been a good one. My colleagues were so nice as well as the upper management. There's a friendly atmosphere at the office. I miss the fun moments.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Only minor things which are easy to be resolved
I'm enjoying my job right now. As a people person, I enjoy interacting with different kinds of people. With regards to the management, I don't have any complaints at all. They very generous and considerate.
Pros
Good management
Cons
long working hours sometimes
RCT has flexible working hours, it values both the employee and customer's time. The management is very reliable; working here is not a waste of time.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Clients are moody
In my years of working at Rapid City, I've experienced all types of ups and downs, it was a great experience for me. I loved working for and with RCT.
Pros
Non-toxic environment, healthy working space
Cons
Can encounter bad customers
I'm a people person that's why I loved my work at RCT. And as a driver for 5 years, I enjoyed dealing with customers. And RCT has been my family, they've been good to me through all those years. I thank them for everything.
Pros
nice management
Cons
minor issues but being dealt with accordingly
I started working for RCT last year, and everything is doing good. I love my job, my workplace, and my workmates. Looking forward to more years in the company.
Pros
healthy working environment
Cons
unfriendly customers sometimes
I've been working for Rapid City for 3 years. I enjoy my work and appreciate every day that I meet new people and get the chance to help and make them smile. Aside from that, I'm satisfied with the compensation.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
long work hours sometimes
I had a nice year working at RCT. Everyone was warm and the management has been good to employees. I actually liked working there, I just had family issues to resolve so I was forced to leave. But I miss them all.
Pros
nice people at the office
Cons
nothing
We have a friendly working environment which makes our job less stressful, the management shows care for employees and the salary is very competitive.
Pros
everyone is nice at the office
Cons
we may receive bad calls but that's part of the job
I loved working with RCT especially because of the customers. It was always my pleasure to help and assist people with their medical appointments. I'm a people person that's why I enjoyed my job. I also had no issues with the management, in fact, they were all good.
Pros
good management and enjoyable job
Cons
none that I can think of.
It's a very stressful hard job.you start at 6am until late hours,with kno rest time,not even time to get lunch.it was my very first job here and it was the worst Even in a snowstorm you will still have to go to work
Pros
You would have a card to use for personal use
Cons
You have to work hard with less sleep
I loved my job. I really liked it when my passengers were satisfied with the service I was giving them., when they were smiling back at me and saying "thank you." Those moments were precious to me. I just had to leave due to a better opportunity which i can't refuse but I really had great times with RCT. I miss everyone.
Pros
the management and co-workers are good
Cons
not all customers are nice but you just have to deal with them.
I've been working with the company for 3 years and everything is doing well. The management is open and very understanding with the employees which I think is very important in a company
Pros
Open-door policy
Cons
Working with Rapid City Transportation is a blessing to me, not only financially. I love my job and I enjoy every single day helping people, especially the elders.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Long working hours but still manageable
I worked with RCT for 5 amazing years. I had great times with my colleagues and the company itself. We were working in a fast-paced environment but I was happy with my job. Thank you for the good memories.
Pros
healthy and friendly working environment
Cons
had to deal with people with different attitude but that’s part of the job
Worked there almost 2 years with many compliments from passengers about my driving and my pleasantness, regular passengers who said that they were glad it was me again. Then I was fired over a questionable instance with little regard to my position in the situation, just the complaint.
Pros
Helping others, company vehicle, travel
Cons
No loyalty to drivers
Working with RCT was a great experience for me. I learned a lot from my colleagues and from the company itself. I miss working with them. Thumbs up Rapid City Transportation.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
None I can't think off
It’s been 2 years since I started working at Rapid City Transportation. Everything is going smoothly with my co-workers. We have a friendly working environment. And everyday is challenging and I’m happy with it.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
No complaints at this time.
Even though, the pay rate was not enough to make a living it was OK, no management stress at all, maybe once in a while and idiot dispatcher. It was fun got to know many places around and great people