Rapid City Transportation

Canada163 reviews
Featured review
Rapid City Transportation selected this as a representative review
Challenging, yet rewarding job
I worked for this company for over four years and it was a great experience. They gave me my first job in my field after graduating from college and I was able to gain experience and knowledge in my chosen field.

The new building is beautiful and functional. It is a vast improvement from the previous location.

There is a lot of pressure to perform well. But if you are competent at the job, the appreciation is shown.

Most people are friendly with a good sense of humour. It makes going to work fun. There are often work outings paid for by the company for team bonding. Every one’s birthday was acknowledged. There was a celebration every month the company made record amounts.

I would still be working there now if I hadn’t moved far from the company.
Pros
Fun environment, company outings, good people
Cons
No benefits
Friendly environment to work with
I’ve been working as a driver at RCT for a year. I’m enjoying it because it’s not only a job but an opportunity to help others. Colleagues are co-operative and supportive, friendly environment to work with.
Highly recommended!
I worked at RCT for 2 years. It was so nice working with good people. Management is VERY employee-centric and can learn a lot from your managers. Highly recommended!
Good experience
I found not only friends but a family at Rapid City Transportation. Everyone is working harmoniously and cares for each other. And the management implements work-life balance which I appreciate much.
Lots of hours to work at a low rate
The management are easy to talk to, and understanding too. I enjoyed the job driving to various places every day. BUT, the pay is not good at all. A minimum job wage without benifits and no paid stat holidays. Makes a driver bitter.
Pros
Management is easy to talk to
Cons
The clients are moody
Good Management
Healthy working environment, colleagues are friendly, good management and a favorable salary. I just had to leave due to unavoidable circumstances.Great experience.
Positive, friendly Company
Rapid city I find treat their employees very well. The dispatchers are wonderful, if you have a concern or question, the management are prompt and quick to answer. There are times that you do work long hours, they will always ask you if your ok to do so, and will inquire to see if your tired,and take certain measures if you are to assure your safety.
There are always pros and cons to every job. I do wish they offered a benefit package to the employees, as this can pose an issue to many.

Overall I'm happy to be a part of the rapid city family
Great customer service
Friendly and very helpful customer service understanding and understanding the client's needs also supplies a vehicle for me to do my job always looking out for driver safety and passenger safety and making sure that the vehicle was cut clean and tidy and good working condition
Wouldn’t waste your time.
Not a team environment. Communication within office is nonexistent. Management is unprofessional. No benefits and low salary. Should you work here keep looking.
Good salary and environment
Good salary and environment. It was great working for Rapid City, every hour I spent at the company was not wasted. Rapid City has been a big part of my life, thank you for everything.
Good company
My work experience with Rapid City Transportation was great. I've worked in a non-toxic and friendly community. My personal life has improved in this company. I was able to express myself more and it helped me to be a better person.
Pros
Nice vehicles
Cons
not many cons
Friendly Managament
Good relationships were built during my years working at Rapid City. The workplace was really good, co-workers are friendly as well as the management.
Great experience
Rapid City Transportation is dedicated to training their employees to be excellent customer service professionals and I am proud to say that I was one of their products. Though I had to move, working at this company made me a better person.
Pros
Good salary
I love my job
I’m a very optimistic person and I like encouraging people. That's why I love my job as a driver at Rapid City. I get to meet different people everyday which gives me a chance to help them and make them smile even with just simple gestures.
Nice working environment
We have a nice working environment at Rapid City Transportation. Everyone works well with one another. The management is great and my colleagues are all friendly.
Great experience
My 3 years working at Rapid City was really a great experience. It helped me become a people person. I also gained good friends which I won’t ever forget.
Pros
Good salary
Lots of driving.
As long as you get your clients picked up and dropped off on time this is a good company to work for. Must be service oriented and friendly to work here. Plenty of interaction with clients if you like that aspect. Must keep vehicle clean, no smoking. Not too demanding if you enjoy some tight timelines.
Lots of hours to work at a low rate
Pros
Management is easy to talk to
Cons
The clients are moody
Great team
The atmosphere in our workplace is super friendly. It was never a dull moment working there. Unfortunately, I moved between industries and so I left the company. If you are looking for a great team, then Rapid City is the place to be!!!
Good experience
I don’t have any regrets working at Rapid City. I gained friends, good experience and knowledge. If I didn’t have to move, I would still be working for them. Amazing memories and relationships built over the years. Best of luck to everyone! I miss you guys
Great experience
All of us are trained to become professional workers and to serve our customers’ needs efficiently. It’s a great feeling knowing we are helping so many people in need.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rapid City Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.