RAPID CITY TRANSPORTATION Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
High Turnover
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 March 2018
Not understanding for sick days. Got a doctors note that was not even excepted due to being extremely sick. Was not taken out of consideration that i drove over half an hour drive and could not function while being that ill.
14 March 2018

I can assure you that there is not a high-turnover at Autolux Ltd. Less than 1% of our employee's resign, the other's are relieved of their duties for other reasons. The ESA states that organizations can no longer ask for a doctor's note unless the employee has exceeded 10 sick days in one year. We are very understanding towards our employee's when they are sick, but are not understanding when an employee takes advantage.

Challenging, yet rewarding job
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 March 2018
I worked for this company for over four years and it was a great experience. They gave me my first job in my field after graduating from college and I was able to gain experience and knowledge in my chosen field.

The new building is beautiful and functional. It is a vast improvement from the previous location.

There is a lot of pressure to perform well. But if you are competent at the job, the appreciation is shown.

Most people are friendly with a good sense of humour. It makes going to work fun. There are often work outings paid for by the company for team bonding. Every one’s birthday was acknowledged. There was a celebration every month the company made record amounts.

I would still be working there now if I hadn’t moved far from the company.
Pros
Fun environment, company outings, good people
Cons
No benefits
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON3 March 2018
I have worked for minimum wage st other places and rct is a nice building with a nice lunch room a smoking area. We have new computers new desks comfortable chairs it could be worse. I am happy
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Busy
Zero job security and provides poor job training
Costomer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 February 2018
You will be given a one on one training for 2 hrs in the system and 2 shadow calls on the phone....then you will on your own. If there's anything you are not sure about you will be required to ask question.... That's easy but if the Team Leaders are busy and you're co-leages are busy too. They will aswer your question without paying attention to you and most of the time you will be given an attitude because they've been on a 10-12 hrs shift already if you're on night shift.

Because of that you will just ask a fellow co-leages who probably been in the company 2 weeks ahead of you... so most likely the answer that they gave you was wrong too...there you processed a wrong order...

The company provide zero mistake tolerance because wrong booking cost the company $5K. You will only be given a few mistakes then you will receive a phone call saying "The company feels like you are not a good fit for the company".

Also, you will be required to work over time and no vacation especially when they are busy. If you don't, you will also receive a phone call saying "we feel like thw company is not getting what they expected of you"
If the company provides a proper training to their employees they wouldn't let go a lot of people every week.
Pros
Flexible hrs...Great Location...Co-workers are great except fot the management
Cons
Long hours, not enough people to complete daily bookings
14 March 2018

I would like to address your comments. Training is not two days, training lasts until the employee is confident in their role, which takes at least one month. You are never left on your own, and all orders a new employee has processed are confirmed and sent by a manager to ensure they have been completed correctly. Secondly, our team leaders do not work 12 hour shifts. We do not have a zero mistake policy, that would be unrealistic. However, if you continue to make the same mistake over and over and over again, you may not be the right person for the job. Lastly, no employee is required to work overtime, unless they want to work overtime, and there is a need for overtime. Also, yes you are entitled to vacation, after you have worked for the company for one year, that is the law.

Great Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 January 2018
Working at Rapid City has been rewarding for me. The management and staff are all great people. The Company is growing so fast that there are some growing pains, but that is to be expected. I feel secure in my job..
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Busy
Not the best place to work if you're a beginner
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 January 2018
This is not a very positive work environment. There is a lot of yelling at times and people would often leave meetings in tears. There is no job security with this company unless you're a supervisor or in management. The wages are low and there are no benefits. You are underpaid for the large amount of work they expect you to do. Most co-workers are kind and willing to help if clarification or guidance is needed, but not everyone is kind or trustworthy.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low pay, negative environment
14 March 2018

Thank you for your comments, and I would like to address them. I have never known any employee to "leave in tears", or there to be "yelling." There is most definitely job security. We are a growing company, and pride ourselves that we were able to effectively manage the minimum wage increase without having to let go of any of our employee's or reduce hours. This was accomplished by hours of planning, to ensure job our employee's had and continued to have job security.

Providing a service that is convenient for our clients
CSR (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 January 2018
I take pride in my work. We do a good job providing a great service for our customers. I get along pretty well with my team. Sometimes a bad apple can ruin things but overall great place a lot better than other call centres in the area.
Pros
Lunches, hours, weekly pay
Cons
Communication
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 January 2018
Its definitely what you make it out to be. The hours are accommodating they dont make you work hours you dont want to. Typical day is answering phones and entering information into system. Can be busy at times and a touch stressful which isnt for everybody. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Nice environment, flexible hours, free lunches
Cons
Busy workload
Needs New Management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 December 2017
The management of this place is absolute garbage most seem more interested in talking about other employees and making jokes at their expense pretty sure one of them is stealing money by submitting hours they work when they aren’t even here.. the pay isnt good at all, no benefits, payroll isn’t consistence (docked without explanation and not paid for extra hours or holiday)
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, no benefits
14 March 2018

This review is completely false. Our management team is very professional. Payroll is always consistent, and you are never docked pay without an explanation. If your pay is not a full week, then you simply did not work a full week. We absolutely pay for any extra hours that our employees work and holidays.

Important Service Provided
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON26 November 2017
Really nice people to work with, and nice atmosphere to work in. New building is really nice. Important service provided, and feels good to help people at the end of the day. Everyone works really hard to do a good job. New HR person is very professional and really helpful.
look forward to come into work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON20 June 2017
I have worked in other call centers in the area and this is the best. It is all inbound, so no sales etc. The job is helping people. It is busy but that goes with the territory. Management has always supported me and dealt with me fairly. No real complaints.
Pros
great people
Cons
constant worflow
Constant work but good group of peeps
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON20 June 2017
This is a busy office so its not for everyone. The people are fun to work with and it is laid back. The phones are busy though but day fly's by most of the time. Company buys lunch's time to time.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
fast pace
Its not for everyone
Concierge Driver (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON26 May 2017
The company has a 60hrs per week exemption from the labour board and they ask you to work that or more ( if you say no to working he's you dont get good calls). Have to transport small children & babies without adult or guardian. It's a lot of work for minimum wage and no benefits. Dispatch & office are very unorganized.
Pros
Nice car
Cons
Long hrs, badly timed calls
14 March 2018

Yes, we do have a 60 hour exemption from the Ministry of Labour, however, none of our of our driver's are expected, asked or have ever have worked over 60 hours. Drivers's are dispatched based on business need and their location, nothing to do with the hours worked. Additionally, transportation of small children is just part of our business, and is explained in full detail to you prior to accepting the position.

Well run business
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 May 2017
The people I have met and interacted with, good people, friendly and helpful. Looks like a well organized business putting peoples needs first with a great support base... I have seen similar operations where one person has tried to pretty much run the whole operation, that gets sloppy. R.C.T. looks to me like they are doing it right.
Pros
good people, friendly
Cons
busy
This job could be amazing but dispatch runs things we work even if your eyes are tired
Driver, CSR (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 April 2017
We work 60hr a week but we don't get paid for overtime or any Canadian holiday. We get paid on Tue and during xmas are pay gets broken up not sure why
Pros
you get a car, you pay no gas
Cons
No benefits, you take a day off and you have to give the car back
Rip-off
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON19 April 2017
Working for them was a very bad experience. They would start you out with a two-way radio for communicating your pick up addresses.
Second they would provide you with a map book. At that time you had to purchase a GPS system. Only high end cars had them. If by any chance you didn't here the address correctly the 1st time and asked them to repeat it, they would call you names with the other dispatchers. Like if you were back in grade school. Next they would take advantage of you when you have to purchase the gas for the car that they provide you with and the only gas that they reimburse you for is the only time you pick up a customer and drop them off to their location. For example, if you have to travel 100 kilometers to pick up a customer, you pay for that gas and now this is when they reimburse you when you have your customer in the car and travel only 10 kilometers to their drop off location that is the only thing they pay you for the 10 kilometers of gas travel time. So take 100 minus 10 equals 90 kilometers that you had to pay out of your hourly pay. It didn't happen everyday to that extreme but it did happen a lot. If you didn't have a log book for yourself you would never know this would be happening to you. So at the end of the week when you tally up your pay and gas bills it's like working for 8 dollars an hour or less.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Wager + Paying Gas = Lost of Pay
14 March 2018

This posting is completely false. Our drivers do not have to purchase their gas, nor do we provide the gas only after the customer has been picked-up.

Too much work, little pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON20 March 2017
This place has it benefits but the management and other employees ruin it. They act like high school kids, it ruins your who experience and doesn't make coming into work fun. Also its constantly busy and they're always yelling at you to answer phones while other people sit around and do nothing.
Pros
free lunches, weekly pay
Cons
management sucks!!
Excellent vehicles
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 April 2016
Every day was a totally new adventure as I would travel to a variety of locals in ontario meeting very gracious clients. Being on the road every day I only had radio contact with my fellow employees. The hardest part of this job was finding some of the pick-up points in rural areas. I experienced a lot of job satisfaction in knowing that I had assisted the clients by arriving safely and on time for their appointments.
Pros
I drove a very comfortable vehicle.
The Bad vs. The Good
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 April 2016
Not the best place to work. You will be overworked and definitely underpaid. If you make a mistake, you will be yelled at. The language in the office is something to be desired as well.
Pros
Company outings every once in a while
Cons
Not a good professional environment
14 March 2018

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and we are sorry you had a bad experience. However, working 8.5 hours per day, at a computer is not being overworked. Additionally, the language in the office is always professional and I cannot agree that you have been "yelled" at. It is very important to us that all of our employee's are treated with respect.

Love job and people -problem with poor wages and working conditions
Operator (Current Employee) –  Durham Pickering9 September 2015
I drive clientel who have experienced injuries from vehicular or occupational incidents to medical assessments or physio, related to their particular injury for insurance claims.We service the entire province so our days can take us into several hundred kilometres of travel. I love what I do, I love my passengers and all things related to this job. My 30 years of involvement in Paratransit has gifted me with an excellent knowledge of the needs and requirements of my clients. We have very limited involvement with our company other than dispatch of orders by text. We are required to purchase our own uniforms, pay for repairs and fuel on the vehicles (which is reimbursed). We get paid minimum wage with no pay increases ever. No Stat pay. No Overtime pay. Usual hrs per week are 45 to 60 plus hrs. We were just offered our first contract that was basically a list of "what we will fire you for including- we don't need a just cause to terminate you" I understand a company has to have control of it's affairs and I have no problem with that but it saddens me that employee moral and client safety can and will be impaired by the way this company is operating. I am not a complainer but I don't know how much longer I can work in a company without a promising future.
Pros
Great passengers
Cons
As described in review
14 March 2018

Thank you for your comment. However, you are not required to wear a uniform, you are required to wear black pants and a black jacket. Also, you absolutely do not pay for your gas, the vehicle repair and/or maintenance. Additionally, client safety is our number one priority, and we have a vigorous hiring and training process that all driver's go through, as well as regularly maintained vehicles that are extremely safe. I am sorry your experience with us has not been rewarding, but making false accusations is not professional nor is it fair to the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RAPID CITY TRANSPORTATION. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9