Randstad

Randstad Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,565 reviews

Production/forklift

I enjoyed my experience at Ranstad. Enjoyed the environment and the people I worked with. The casual atmosphere made it comfortable to go in every day.

They need to look at better wages and offer some kind of incentives. as in medical, dental etc.

They werent completely horrible. The fellow I answered to was actually very nice and helpful. Just thet there is no career working for them, and the wage is laughable considering some of the tasks they expect you to do. Guess thats why they are always recruiting...they cant keep people that long until they get fed up and look for something else that offers a future.

Pros

Always work for you to do. Dven try looking for something else if the assignment you had ended.

Cons

Horrible pay considering the jobs they ant you to do.

They are an employment agency

They are an employment agency you are just a number to them. Their recruiters are not organized and nothing is their fault only yours. I would recommend not signing up with Ranstad unless you like disappointment.

Good Company

Great Experience, Finds you jobs quick, good communication, great pay rates for varying job levels, great staff, pro's always have work, always able to find you work

Good people

if you your looking for a job, they can certainly get you one, especially in your practice. They don't wait around to find you a job either, they seem to have the best pay rates for forklift positions within the area. Ive been employed twice through randstad and I cannot complain about either positions.

Poor reception

They do not call you back,and they have a very bad attitude when you call.They do not respond back when you apply for positions on indeed.They dont answer your questions about the positions,and they have a " I DONT KNOW" answer for everything.

Horrible training and let go before training even finished

I would not recommend working for them. Training was a joke. They didn't even know what they were doing. Then they decided to move me to a different position. Had me train there for a week. Then without including me in any decision and offering more training. Went behind my back and told HR I wasn't a fit for the position and was sent home after being there for an hour. Haven't been called back since. Got my final pay with no vacation pay even included. So I wouldn't recommend them to anyone...

Pros

No pros

Cons

Too many to name

Poor management

Was a total mess when starting as the HR was absent and people didn't show up older their shifts. Many complain about the 8 hour shifts as they want to go back to the 12 shifts so to align with michelin work force.

Great people!

My whole process was very easy going. The emoloyees are very helpful and encourage you to do well making sure you are prepared for success! (Not to mention they found me a great job with the hours and pay i requested!)

michelin is a good place to work everyone gets along with everyone

working with ranstsd is not pleasent, but being at michelin is good, only problem is i was there for two years now and still not hired on by michelin. iam doing too good of a job at a cheap rate.

Not impressed

Was told my pay rate would be $20/hr and it turned out to be $15.50. I'm a certified forklift operator with 20 years experience...not happening! Was also told I had to pay for my own fall arrest out of pocket. The people all looked rough or new Canadians. They take what they can get and have a huge turnover rate. They won't let you wear competitors clothing and if you do they put a sticker over the logo. Personally would never wear Adidas clothing but would if they supplied it, which they don't.

Pros

Clean

Cons

They will use you for 3 months then let you go

typical temp agency attitude

the pay is low for the amount of work you will do the company will not inform you at all about what benefits you do have with the company in hopes that you never use them communication between employer workplaces and randstad are left to a minimum if any at all once you are past your minimum contracted hours between randstad and a potential employer there is never any attempted pressure to hire you on full time

easy going

always there when u need them these individuals have a job for u next day. Working towards your needs they help u secure a position that fits around you.

Cons

payments late.

Great southside staff.

Nice people. Worked hard at getting me a forklift position. Great location for their office. Very friendly environment.

Pros

always put forth positive attitudes .

Cons

Not enough job postions

productive and fun place with a pool table.

great place to work, great co- workers and supervisors.moved to Alberta and is looking of a similar place to belong. good employment is great but a good environment to work is even better.

Pros

nice pool table

Cons

non

Great place to work, but unfortunately i do not get the hours or the pay that i should receive.

I drive a Reach Truck and extremely love doing my job and am great at doing it as well. I've learned how to work fast in a fast paced environment with quota. Also i have learned how to be completely safe driving a machine in a heavily populated environment. There is an extensive amount of forklift traffic as well. The hardest part of the job would have to be when the company is slow and they need the people higher up like myself to go and run the conveyor due to the fact of minimal work for my position. I do not mind doing what is needed at all and will go to the position they need, but because of the situation at hand with minimal work they cancel shifts and send us home half day. I just need a stable position doing what i am good at so that i can stay on track and pay bills that need to be payed.

Pros

Great environment and people.

Cons

Shortened hours.

good place to work, wrong agency or hired diirectly would be better.

Rnadstad hired me and I did all that was asked of me. When I hit my three months to be hired on ...we were all laid off. Not impressed with the way they operate.

Don't get hurt!

I got injured while on assignment and the client let me go and Ranstad didn't want to even know my name anymore. They claimed it wasn't a workplace injury. It was 100% but ended up not serious so I didn't have to pursue it. When I see an advertisement from Ranstad I bypass it immediately. They still send me e-mails periodically for placements, I'd like to say "they got some nerve" but the truth is they are that dis-organized they don't even realize. Obviously they can't fill their positions and are scrambling for candidates. I've been around the warehousing industry for 30 years and I see jobs listed by Ranstad and other agencies that have been on the temp market for 10+ years, the positions never stay filled because they are that bad and the companies just shop them around from one agency to another. My advice to anyone looking for employment is that you are better off to seek permanent employment with a company that is hiring directly. Although some companies do hire agency people, the majority of the time it is just "dangling the carrot" to increase productivity and nothing will ever come of it. I've worked at assignment were the companie utilizes 60 or 70 temps and hires about 1 or 2 a year so the other 68 will think they might get the "brass ring". Not for me, thanks!

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Too many to list

Provide decent jobs at decent pay.

Randstad staffing are better than many of the temp agencies out there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randstad. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K