Randstad
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Randstad Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Found 62 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,623 reviews

Yes and No

I worked with Randstad in Mississauga for two years and Ottawa about 6 months. They are really good with pay. For management I think they need to work on some things. When trying to Asking a question or contact them I find can be very difficult.

They are an employment agency

They are an employment agency you are just a number to them. Their recruiters are not organized and nothing is their fault only yours. I would recommend not signing up with Ranstad unless you like disappointment.

Productive Work Place

I recruited mainly for blue Collar roles at Randstad. The work environment was very fast paced and the management was very supportive. They were very appreciative of the work which keeps you motivated.

I did my internship ( unpaid) at Randstad which was required as part of my course in the college. The environment and colleagues were awesome.Everything was systematic

it is a good place to work

I moved and miss working with the people at Randstad every one is nice and understanding and will work with you if you have any issues they will work with you to resolve them if you need time off they will work with you

Mississauga - 4080 Confederation Pkwy

Be aware. They deliberately try to obtain illegal personal info for hiring. 1. When you visit this branch for interview/appointment, you have to "sign in" on their iPad and take a picture of yourself. This image is to be added on your profile and remain in the database. This is not a model agency! Why do they include applicant's picture on the profile? Race&looking are definitely some of the criteria they use to filter their candidates. 2. Recruiters send you an electronic payroll document, asking your FULL date of birth and Social Insurance Number WITHOUT presenting you a single position. And again, all this information will be stored on their database and will be used for filtering candidates illegally. Since they already knows that asking these info is illegal, they rather pretend like just getting you ready for payroll. Afterwards, they'll simply ghost you :) So basically on their database, your photo and age are attached to the profile and to be used for hiring. It's literally Randstad drive you to submit your resume with photo and age while you're not realizing it. Mind you, their work ethic and mentality is just like USED CAR DEALERS. They're essentially sales people with no actual knowledge of your working field. When you do "interview" with them, you'll notice how they have NO IDEA what your job is about. But are amazing at sweet talk and backstabbing :D DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!

good culture

Tasks are set by supervisor training is provided to progress in field work place culture is good work life balance is good management is very friendly and polite

Temporary Job

This is a good agency to have your first job if you are immigrant or students. Only problem is the job is not permanent. Shifts varies depends on the client's needs.

productive

You have to follow up with your assignment every week because they forget to call sometimes, but they are helpful anyway.. learned much from them .. more power to everyone.

productive

good place to work, had alot of perks of working there including sales just for the employed. big lunch areas and a good atmosphere to workk in if you like hrd work

Productive and fun work enviornment

This is a great company to work for, I always had good experiences working with them and never had any issues in terms of receiving my pay from them, and was always treated fairly, so over all a great place to work and i would highly reommend them to others.

You have to work very hard in the beginning but it pays off in the end

If your permanent your pretty much set however if your contract you work just just as hard but get no commissions or job security. you could be laid off anytime but the good things is your called back soon, possibly with a different line of business. Make sure you make a good impression on all managers because people do get shifted around.

Pros

fun people to work with, growth opportunities, pay

Cons

Long hours unstructured breaks lack of job security

productive funwork

they do not respond easily.do not pick phone do not respond to emails ,they off same people every time .they should solve the problem of employees if they have no job . thanks

Amazing management

It is great experience working with Randstad. Management is cooperative and very supportive. I am proud to be a part of such cooperative and loving team

Pros

Open culture and women based company

Fast placement sometimes

Randstad is great for placing you when they have a job, right away. But there’s no garuntee for how long the job will last. Sometimes only a few months. Also, depending on the location you got hired through, it can be very difficult to reach the person you need to reach for if you need to take a day off or call in. But over all, they are understanding and Great.

Pros

Fast placement, understanding

Cons

No garunteed job security

Arrogant towards the inexperienced in office fields, general labour sector is bad

I registered to work as a general labour temp. I was assigned a short placement at a factory, told that I'd be doing cleaning and production line work with the client's products. I got there and it was 100% unloading a full truck alone. A lie was probably told to Randstad. The boxes were large, exceeded the weight federally deemed as safe and reasonable for one person to handle, and there were hundreds of them. I worked hard, but only completed 2/5 of it. No staff helped. When I asked for help from the supervisor, he said "I don't really want to. But I understand that it's very heavy. It's ok if you can't continue. You can stop if you have to." with no malice shown. I cleaned up, called the recruiter as I left the factory, explaining the situation. He acted annoyed and disappointed with me. I offered to return to have the supervisor support me, but the recruiter said it was okay. From then on, he ghosted me and never offered me other work, even when I called to ask. Very unprofessional

Cons

Care about appeasing clients, not protecting temps

cheap place, pay minimum salary

this is very cheap company, they pay minimum salary does not matter how much experience you have; I don't recommend to work with Randstad super cheap place

Will give you dirty jobs

I have read some success stories on the reviews I have read. I had been registered with them in 2013 and at that time they were not helpful as far as finding work for me. Since that time I had steady work but not through them. I tried again in July 2018 hoping they had improved. As I was layed off my job in January of 2018. Again, although I have office and retail experience they tried to send me on a dirty job with minimum wage, at first I had agreed which I shouldn't have. It was out of desperation that I was considering it but thought it through and refused to go, no matter how much I was hurting financially. They should really look at peoples resumes and discuss what kind of work would you be happy doing , and how could they help you accomplish that goal. After all they are an employment agency. Because I had refused that one job now I am black listed, which means if you ever call in to ask if there is work available and they ask for your name and then say we'll put you on the available list, start looking else where. I have been widowed since 2014 and have to be self supporting now. Do not count on this agency for any good jobs.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Unprofessional

randstad

They lack transpaarency when disclosing compensation. Some how they feel this informationis not necessary for the potential candidate to know. There were a lot of surprises when my weekly check was received.

Okay place to work

was not a bad place to work,fellow permanent employees however do take advantage to the new and temporary people making them do heavier tasks just cause they are new, hours could be better.

Team building along with excellent leadership

Great team environment and Balanced work life for all employees. It was learning experience and a turning point in my career. I can say honestly that Randstad's Management at all levels contributes greatly to the outstanding culture and environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randstad. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K