Randstad
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Randstad Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,613 reviews

Ranstad delivered on their promises

My dealings with Randstad were brief and thoroughly enjoyable. They delivered on their promise of employment to me, and best of all they guaranteed a wage of at least $15 an hour at a time when the minimum wage in Alberta was much less. I was impressed, and the time it took from interview to employment was speedy and painless. While my experience was great, I do have second hand knowledge of an experiences that was less so. When I was in the Ranstad office (formerly on Roper Road), a middle aged man in an interview was having a less successful time. He was basically berated by the interviewer over successive gaps in his resume and her doubting his credibility. Instead of just saying she couldn't help him, she went a step further and tried to hammer home the point that none of the companies she worked with would want him for any position. This man was incredibly mild mannered and didn't even go so far as to talk back to her, but rather he maintained his composition and remained mannerly. When she noticed how polite he was, the Ranstad agent reverted to a pseudo polite composure, and "rewarded" him by referring him to a government job search website that literally anyone can access. Watching this interaction transpire was unpleasant, not only because of the way this very young and privilged woman was speaking to an obviously road weary and unemployed middle aged man. But also because it confirmed a long held suspicion; Ranstad works on behalf of the companies seeking employees, and as such puts their interests ahead of the desperate job seekers who flock to their office.

They suck

Terrible place to find a job for you. They suck at their job to find you a job and their pay is low. I do not recommend RANDSTAD to anyone.Long work days when they finally get you a job. Toxic office staff.

Professional, friendly, and dedicated to the welling being of their employees.

Each assignment was anything but typical. I have learned to enhance my skills to a higher degree of efficiency. Management has always been positive and encouraging. Workplace culture has been welcoming, upbeat, respectful, and you were always treated like you were part of a close-knit team. The most enjoyable part of working for Randstad is that they have your best interest at heart and check-up with to ensure you are happy and comfortable with your assignment. The hardest part of this job is that you will be moving on to another assignment after making so many new friends.

Productive, friendly staff

they were vigilant on helping me find work. Good policy about how often to check in for work. Fair and informative about the possible job and interview.

It is a Temp Agency. Enough said.

The people at Randstad do what they can to get you a job, but you are an expendable and easily replaced cog in any company they get you a job at. There is no benefits, no safety net and little chance to advance once you do have a job.

Ranstad

I worked for Ranstad for about a year and the jobs were not constant. They hardly called of when I called daily to work they didn't seem to get me work ing. I literally sat at home for 3 months while waiting for them .

Great People to work with and easy communication

I reccomend Randstad for everyone as they always have something ready for me. They are flexable and ready to listen if you need to voice any matter about the job to them. They will help work things out.

The people were every nice and help to make sure you had a job to go to and was willing to work with you if you wanted to upgrade.

If you wanted to upgrade they would help you if they could to make that happen. They were very nice people to work with and always were very polite with you. I would go back there if I was looking for another job.

Pros

very nice to work with

Cons

office very hard to see right off.

Good Agency to work at especially for those just starting out an looking for work.

Randstad is a great place to work, I was part of their Temp program so I was sent off to a various warehouses each with their own tasks and skills needed. This can allow someone new to the workforce to learn adaptability in a working environment and increase their social and cooperative skills because of the ever changing work spaces. The only problem that I have encountered during the time I've spent with them is that sometimes there isn't always a steady flow of jobs so there could be a short or long wait period in between each job. Overall, it is a Fun, Friendly, and Educational Workplace.

Helpful and friendly staff

Randstad staff is very helpful. Your participation, by calling to check in often, is beneficial. They help in finding the right placement for your skills and abilities.

Good temp Agency

The are a good company, with very kind workers. I feel that they don't have many job offerings however, and it takes a while to get work sometimes. Overall good company

Randstad really goes to bat for you.

For temporary assignment recruitment you need to have some patients. The recruiters really try their best to find a great fit for your skills and are always available to contact if you have any questions and concerns.

Work was good Ranstad was disorganized and nonprofessional

Had to wait over 5 weeks to receive pay for 7 hours signed a contract for 10 hour shifts the days had to work more no OT paid as told that it was part of the 44 hour work week in AB after it was reached OT would happen. Contact was hard to get a hold of was in meeting but when message taker didn’t like my rude attitude was contacted immediately. Was promised my pay again next Friday for the 4th time. If you like working for free work here.

not too bad

it was an okay company to work for. This was a temporary position. It was off and off for being busy and slow. Work conditions were okay. Pay was satisfactory.

Able to work as much as I want

I’ve had very positive experiences with Randstand, the staff are excellent and very responsive. The only issue that I had was that they were more concerned with getting me a permanent job than with keeping me working regularly. I lost out on some work keeping the schedule open for interviews.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Not always able to get regular temporary positions

OK place to work

management ok, employees ok, very sales orientated, salary ok, commission ok, staffing placements ok treatment of employees ok. Travel available is nice.

typical temp agency attitude

the pay is low for the amount of work you will do the company will not inform you at all about what benefits you do have with the company in hopes that you never use them communication between employer workplaces and randstad are left to a minimum if any at all once you are past your minimum contracted hours between randstad and a potential employer there is never any attempted pressure to hire you on full time

Not much to say

Working on a client site I never got to meet the Randstad recruiter, just spoke over the phone and email. He was always available when I need to ask any questions though.

Pros

Paid weekly

Cons

nothing I can think of

Not the best temping agency

It isnt the greatest temping agency in my opinion. there are way better ones out there. Randstad doesnt care about their employees as much as they care about their contracts with their clients. its hard to be heard when you are mistreated by a contractor. I would advice Executrade or Manpower.

Organized and Friendly Staff

The staff at Randstad are helpful in every way possible. The fit your needs to the workforce you are interested in . Will provide you with info. and update experience as you learn and grow.

Pros

paid weekly

Cons

temp

High stress environment

Good hours, High pressure, stressful environment. Not enjoyable Good learning opportunities Exciting environment for people that love sales Lots of different skills used

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randstad. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K