Randstad Employee Reviews

Selon les besoins
Réceptionniste - Secrétaire (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC13 October 2018
On m'appelle lorsque des entreprises ont besoin d'aide soit pour des vacances, des congés ou autres. Ce qui est difficile est de ne pas savoir si l'entreprise en question est disponible à prendre des candidats déjà actifs sur les lieux; moi en conséquence. J'ai remis mon CV à plusieurs entreprises, aucune réponse.
Cons
Attente d'emploi selon la demande.
enjoy the new opportunities
Labour (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 October 2018
I definitely like the challenges and new opportunities I get with Randstad, I have worked with them over two years now, and each placement has been a good fit for me, and look forward in the next placement
Pros
new ideas
Cons
No free lunch!
Great employer
Manager, Contact Centre, Canada Business Ontario (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
Great management team, very supportive, encourage innovation and individual professional and personal development. Good work/life balance, management showed their appreciation
cheap place, pay minimum salary
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2018
this is very cheap company, they pay minimum salary does not matter how much experience you have;
I don't recommend to work with Randstad
super cheap place
fun place
Commis d'entrepôt (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2018
normal 8 to 4 job, you have to wear an equipment for the whole day no matter the temperature which made it pretty tough since i worked during the summer. There is 2 15 min break and a 30 min lunch break
Air Canada
IBM Support Technician at Air Canada (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC13 September 2018
Typical day of work and different area expertise and as working with Air Canada meet different culture and nationality with different characters and view of living.
bon services
Chef d'Équipe pour COFELY Services (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC10 September 2018
les personnes en charges des dossiers offre un service professionnelle et de qualité.
Able to work as much as I want
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton6 September 2018
I’ve had very positive experiences with Randstand, the staff are excellent and very responsive. The only issue that I had was that they were more concerned with getting me a permanent job than with keeping me working regularly. I lost out on some work keeping the schedule open for interviews.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not always able to get regular temporary positions
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 September 2018
Did what I was asked to do. I would gladly help any of my co workers or supervisor if they needed help with any tasks in the factory, including moving, washing, stacking and learning a new task.
Job contract
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2018
My contract with Randstad was most enjoyable as I feel it was a nice fit with the company I worked for replacing someone on sickleave.
As for dealing with Randstad itself was not pleasant at all. I tried several times contacting the representative to confirm the end of my contract date and I was low on the list. After calling, texting and even after trying to contact through the management the representative would still not return my call. Finished my contract and has taken over 1 month and still no record of employment. I believe customer service should always come first. Employment Agency and no service, sad.
Pros
Good placement
Cons
Poor treatment with Agency
Wouldn’t recommend
Loader (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS30 August 2018
randstand is more for the company then their employees. Allows employees to be treated badly by other companies employees which enforces that contractors are grunt workers for less then half the pay and treated as such Bring it to my head person no other position available even though they let someone go and brought them back in three days. Constantly placing ads hiring
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Your a number not a person
Nvt
nvt (Former Employee) –  nvt29 August 2018
prima leerschool voor wie het vak van arbeidsbemiddeling wil leren
OK place to work
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2018
management ok, employees ok, very sales orientated, salary ok, commission ok, staffing placements ok treatment of employees ok. Travel available is nice.
Work Life Balance - Business Casual
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 August 2018
reviewing tasks for the day
prioritize assignments
complete projects
call court houses
book mediations and examinations
enjoyed assisting three lawyers as required
assisting clients as needed
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Overtime
Good range of jobs
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2018
Working for Randstad offered me the flexibility to pick up work when I needed. There were many interesting positions I was able to work on. Alas the possibility of securing something permanent eluded me.
Pros
being able to pick up work when I needed
Cons
positions were not always at my level
good company
Senior Branch Manager - Skilled Trades (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 August 2018
- good management
- excellent training
- career advancement
- global organisation
- company BBQ
- good benefits plan
- strong management that provides great strategic vision and execution
Will give you dirty jobs
none to speak of (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2018
I have read some success stories on the reviews I have read. I had been registered with them in 2013 and at that time they were not helpful as far as finding work for me. Since that time I had steady work but not through them. I tried again in July 2018 hoping they had improved. As I was layed off my job in January of 2018.
Again, although I have office and retail experience they tried to send me on a dirty job with minimum wage, at first I had agreed which I shouldn't have. It was out of desperation that I was considering it but thought it through and refused to go, no matter how much I was hurting financially. They should really look at peoples resumes and discuss what kind of work would you be happy doing , and how could they help you accomplish that goal. After all they are an employment agency.
Because I had refused that one job now I am black listed, which means if you ever call in to ask if there is work available and they ask for your name and then say we'll put you on the available list, start looking else where.
I have been widowed since 2014 and have to be self supporting now.
Do not count on this agency for any good jobs.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Unprofessional
randstad
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2018
They lack transpaarency when disclosing compensation. Some how they feel this informationis not necessary for the potential candidate to know. There were a lot of surprises when my weekly check was received.
I have a lot of fun competing to do my best in everything that I do.
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ontario Canada31 July 2018
I have a lot of fun competing to be the best at all of my jobs with Randstad. I have changed my life in the training I have received through Randstad and I am a much healthier and better person. The management is great and they really care about people. It is interesting to work with people from different countries. The hardest part of the job is dealing with problem people and they come with any job. The most enjoyable part is striving to do your best!
Pros
Always employed
Cons
Dealing with so many people
Not impressed
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON30 July 2018
Was told my pay rate would be $20/hr and it turned out to be $15.50. I'm a certified forklift operator with 20 years experience...not happening! Was also told I had to pay for my own fall arrest out of pocket. The people all looked rough or new Canadians. They take what they can get and have a huge turnover rate. They won't let you wear competitors clothing and if you do they put a sticker over the logo. Personally would never wear Adidas clothing but would if they supplied it, which they don't.
Pros
Clean
Cons
They will use you for 3 months then let you go

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Randstad. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K